OrbitSILVER Member
enthusiast
270 posts

Posted:
Hi,

I'll be visiting my girlfriend in London (Camden actually) for 3 weeks starting tomorrow. The last time I was there (September), I went to Spitalfields and Clapham Common and had a great time meeting people and learning new tricks. Are these gatherings still going on? Any others I should know about?

Sorry if this thread offends anyone... I know I can dig through the forums and find the information, but I didn't want to show up somewhere in the cold to find that a particular gathering had been cancelled.

Roger
aka Orbit

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
i think claphams being avoided til the weather improves... but theres a new one on fridays in hackney, and the spitz one is still going extreeeeeeeeemely strong..

and wednesdays in brixton(more a juggly one but hey)

biggrinR

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
I'm not sure if the Friday ones still happening?????? But come along on Tuesdays and you'll have a ball hug

L
ubbrollsmile

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
highgate is on thursdays is lovely too and although like brixton it is quite juggley, it also has spinners plus a practice tightwire, a trap, a walking globe and a bar beerchug

quite close to camden too so you should be able to get a bus straight there or at the very worst just walk up from archway.

see you around at one of these i hope smile

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Kitveteran
1,269 posts

Posted:
hey how do i get to spitalsfields? where is is? what tube stations it near??
I'll be in london 2nd march see wanna come play!
cheers.

random murbles

BELTANE FIRE FESTIVAL. 30th april ~ Calton hill - Edinburgh
SAMHUINN FESTIVAL. 31st October ~ Royal Mile - Edinburgh

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
For details of London Juggly stuff (including how to get to spitz) go look at:

londonjuggling.org

It's much more useful than the sort of sites that are usually run by tall leggy blondes...

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

3,149 posts

Posted:
Addendum & Errata

Quote:

highgate is on thursdays is lovely too and although like brixton it is quite juggley, it also has spinners plus a practice tightwire, a trap, a walking globe and a bar beerchug

quite close to camden too so you should be able to get a bus straight there or at the very worst just walk up from archway.

Northern line from Camden Town to Highgate is easiest way. Jackson's Lane centre is the big church thing right opposite the steps outside the station.

Oh, and Hackney on Fridays is back on... see the other thread that i've bumped but can't be arsed to link to.

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

OrbitSILVER Member
enthusiast
270 posts

Posted:
Thanks everyone for your hospitality! I only made it to Spitz... but managed to do so twice. Thanks to Ewan, PK, Matthew, Rob, Adam, Kevin?, Nancy, Pete? and everyone else who was super nice to me.

Roger
aka Orbit

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
biggrin

Hey, does anybody go to the this circuspace business on sunday? Cos I'm gonna be in London again on the 29th of february, and was wondering what it was like there? Is it all jugglin' orientated? Or is there some room to do the twirling arts?

Plus is there anything to do on a saturday in london? confused

ubbrollsmile

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

DsAdsPoi? Never!
316 posts

Posted:
T'was lovely to meet you again Roger, hope you are keeping well, and am glad you enjoyed your visit. One of these: spank if you dont look us up next time your in the Uk!

Take it easy.

Ads wave

Is that magnets!?

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
mcp:
circus space workshop has now closed down.
that satarday night feb 28th you might maybe just want to go to a club called synergy at SE1.
its all right.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Thanks Glass! + Can I buy your kitten?

nobody spins at all on saturday or sunday nights then?

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

3,149 posts

Posted:
From this Sunday, Highgate is running Sundays 730-10 and Thursdays 830-10 smile

Saturdays? not much really, but... Synergy on the 28th is a very good idea biggrin

Stay for Tuesday and Wednesday, you know you want to...

ps. Orbit, was cool to meet you dude. Sorry if i was a bit ubbloco or confused by that point of the night already, but Tuesdays have been a bit like that recently ubbangel

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Highgate - what's highgate?

Oh, synergy seems to the kind of club that plays music I don't like. frown
But considering I'm listening to choir music at the moment, I think it would be hard to find a club that does.

Oh, tuesday is very far away, and I do gymnastics on tuesday. (Plus I've already bought my ticket)

But does circus space still do acrobatic workshops does anyone know? confused

brodiemanold hand
1,024 posts

Posted:
farie tales on sat!!!!! yay ubbangel

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
Quote:

From this Sunday, Highgate is running Sundays 730-10

biggrin eek biggrin

anyone going this sunday?

i'll miss next week but from march this will be a weekly double methinks :

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

3,149 posts

Posted:
i'm not going to the next two sundays,

but after that i will be a regular until summer spinning on the common starts again.

then i will have a rather familiar 'weekly dilemma' type situation going on...

The_Pirate_Dyke_BoyHOP Lord of the Pirate Admiralty
1,079 posts

Posted:
wazza cost at highgate?

us nonworkers are a bit toit on dozza u no...

D.B.
X x X x X

Ship off the starboard! sound general quarters! noise and light discipline! man the cannons! GET ME THE RUM!

Master of the Free Hug Program

3,149 posts

Posted:
highgate is £3.50, with £2.50 concessions (students, children etc)

in a dance studio in a community centre, it feels more of a workshop than a social occasion, unlike certain other London events. Its also family friendly with some very young jugglers, so no bad influencey type stuff ubbangel

Not a really huge amount of space, so if you do poi or staff you should remember not to steal jugglers space

see Bluecat's thread in social about perceptions of poi in the juggling community. It's nicer to those subvert those perceptions than confirm them wink

i generally hide up against one of the walls to do double staff, and throw the bounce jugglers their balls back smile