_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
A BRILLIANT idea came to me as i was washing up the 105th plate today at work. It may have already been posted, and im maybe just getting a bee in my bonnet. but, and im maybe just being a total idiot......but WHAT IF sum when loadsa HOP members met up at a camp site, and spent the week camping, chillin and things, all teaching and learning off each other weavesmiley hehe......tell me if you think im being a complete idiot plz!

mrFlibbleSILVER Member
Ghostbuster
455 posts

Posted:
it would be a goooood idea if it involved bonfires and bbq's.
It's ideal if someone owns or knows someone who owns their own field somewhere in the countryside which they dont mind having people camp on and burn on. ( i do (know someone) but i dont think it would be suitable, plus its miles away from anyone )

general spinmember
52 posts

Posted:
Id go, excellent idea. Theres gotta be campsite owner out there whod be down with it, Ive come a cross a few that would be worth asking ubbrollsmile

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
burning man, burning flipside, EJC, kent parties, etc.

but it's be kinda cool to have a HOP summer camp program ubblol

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
In the UK it's called festivals and free parties. Things like glastonbury generally have a large HoP contingient. In the meantime there's various things happening, like Joe's 3 day parties (with indoor sleeping/showers etc, much more civilised than tents). In other countries people have tried poi holidays, can't remember his name but someone was organising them in the US/canada a while back

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
It already happens.

EJC, Burningman, Poi in the Parks... Get with the program lady. smile

I have HoP slumber parties at my house all the time. In fact, last summer was my "Summer of HoP" where I crashed at UK HoPers all summer long.

But I'd say that EJC was the closest to "summer camp" I've ever been to... Camp fires, hanging out on hilltops, even making sure to save seats for your friends in the mess hall...

Yup... happens all the time... biggrin

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
I thought this was another 'gay firespinners' post.

how dissapointing tongue

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
There was talk about a internation hop gathering but it'sstill in the water.

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
Quote:

I thought this was another 'gay firespinners' post.

how dissapointing tongue

T wave

thats what i thought...... ubblol
especially when i saw you post tongue

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

general spinmember
52 posts

Posted:
Id still go to a nice chilled out campsite affair though, I mean burning man etc are good parties n all but not the best place to focus on and learn some subtleties of poi.

wan hwo renmember
86 posts

Posted:
Have you been to burning man general spin?

general spinmember
52 posts

Posted:
errr, no, im assuming its a lot like glastonbury though (except in a desert) educate me please smile