Page:
joe_sixstepsmULti-torTOISe
310 posts
Location: Kent currently, Cornwall soon, New Zealand eventua...

Posted:
Um... due to factors outside of my control... like my own screaming incompetence, for one thing, and the vagaries of other people for another... this whole thread is like a dog under a wrong tree.

Forget the sixth. No-one's interested in the sixth any more. Barring acts of God, the next weekend down in Kent will be happening on the 13th - 15th of February. Kindly adjust your diaries...

tongue

EDITED_BY: joe_sixsteps (1074640937)

The Confusion Squid has many tentacles

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
Count me in please! hug
See my avatar bouncing in excitement! ubbrollsmile

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
once i get paid my money from school i will be contributing to my own fund. i wish i could have given money while i was there but i am extremely broke (just discovered my phone got shut off and i need to consolidate my credit cards so i can actually afford the minimum payment)

if anyone wants a rundown of the last weekend, i journalled it in my intro thread as well.

i wish i could make it to the next one but it'd be a rare day for that to happen frown perhaps in march when narr and gnor will be there....that'd be very lovely if i could make that one!

hug again to joe for hosting a fabulous weekend!

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
biggrin I'm coming I'm coming. ubbrollsmile

Yay i can't wait.

My work said i can't have the time off so i handed in my resignation a month earlier than i was going to.. So i can come biggrin

Joe if you need any help setting up etc i'm available from the 5th biggrin I dont mind contributing money ubbangel

And if anyone wants to employ me after the 9th Feb ubbangel

ubblove

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
wow, quitting your work for a poi party.....perhaps you should post that in poi addiction! ubblol

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
a fiver? Bargin!

Count me in, i'm unemployed and would happily pay a tenner for 2 nights board and paraffin, costs me more than that to stay at home (not that my landlady will knock off money for nights i'm not there). Anyone who can't afford that's just being cheap, but you could do a fiver conssion if someone really can't afford it (ie they've been unemployed for a while, not because they spent too much money on drugz).

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
i'm gonna see the cheapest i can buy vegetarian jelly for in the next few days. If i do wrestle we're gonna hafta get some more females, we've lost 2 of the original 3, and i'll be damned if i'm wrestling with just frodo and mech eek eek

can i suggest we do the wrestling on saturday night? it'd be much more fun drunk ubblol

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
well you can always save up money for the jelly for march and hope i make it out there by then. then you'll have one of the 2 back biggrin i bet i could even convince narr to join in on the wrestling (gnor may be a little more difficult to convince)

**giggles**

310 posts

Posted:
So, I'm sat on the train with Eleanor, heading into Camden. There is no relevance to this post, I'm afraid, just showing off the fact that I can post on HOP from my phone! Tee hee. biggrin

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
Show off tongue

i might come along to this one, if thats cool.

and if you're in Camden, then pop into Oddballs and make adjustments to the marble helter-skelter to "make it better".

They really love that ubbangel

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
I will be there!!! heheeh

so exciteD!!!

eek ubbtickled

I cant wait!!

Can i come up on the Thursday night? hehe... im such a slob!! (Frodo is thinking that he should come @ the same time as everyone else)

yeah joe u are the man!! infact expect a lovely badge naming you "the man", i have decided to make two smaller staffs when i come up, so let the party begin!!

frodo out!! ubblove

passing through, this world still lives.

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Ooh, I wanna go!!! biggrin
Don't know if I can definitely make it yet.
I have plans which I am keeping VERY secret at the moment! ubblol

If my plans work out and I have to be in Newcastle on the 9th I don't think I can really go. If I have to be in Heathrow on the 9th, I could combine it with a weekend in kent.

A fiver?
A bargain!
kiss

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
candem? Me, polythene, jez, sir_sheep and mathew bm were there this afternoon, you should'a said.

Jupiter closed down tonight ubbcrying, but sold off a lot of stuff cheap. I got 3 really nice pairs of trousers for 50 quid biggrin

Matthew B-MLemon-Aware Devilstick-wielding Operative
605 posts

Posted:
Why isn't your avatar blue and purple?

Not sure if I'll make it to Kent that weekend. frown

Luv 'n' Lemons
purity :: clarity :: balance

pengwinoBRONZE Member
suitable for vegetarians
300 posts

Posted:
Quote:

candem? Me, polythene, jez, sir_sheep and mathew bm were there this afternoon, you should'a said.

Doh! rolleyes i am having a craving to purchase blue+black or blue+blue (light blue + dark blue) practice poi.. but alas, oddballs could not feed my need yesterday. we were in camden all day in fact! started drinking at 3pm as it was my 'leaving do' type thing. feel stupid for not mentioning it on here just in case any of you guys would have been around, it would have been ace to see you.

ah well. while i am on the subject, and in case i don't post anywhere else again before i go on my trip - *goodbye* people wave i'll be around but without the power of broadband-in-the-bedroom i can't guarantee i will have the patience to come on HOP as often! i'll see.

ubblovelove to all,ubblove
eleanor XXXX

animals who are not penguins can only wish they were

DizMr Dizzy....
154 posts

Posted:
Again the wong weekend for me ubbcrying other plans afoot.

Maybe March if there is one..... biggrin missing the cake.....

Diz.

"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong."
A Fortune Cookie

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
*runs in and glomps eleanor*
Have a good trip m'dear. hug kiss hug
Hopefully I'll see you in France.

Alas, that weekend is also no good for me anymore. frown
I will be other places... biggrin
(hey it's my birthday- I'm allowed to skip the country! ubblol)

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
No good for me either because I'll be with Princess Valura and Master Arsn biggrin

Bammy
biggrin biggrin biggrin

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

310 posts

Posted:
Maybe this is the wrong weekend after all - several of the people who were keen for it to be on the 6th now can't make it... what say we push it back another week?

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
'tis a possibility... smile

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
but surely that means waiting an extra week for kent type goodness? and after alice quite her job? ubbcrying

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
you could always do both! eek ubblol

**giggles**

DJ_WATTmember
6 posts

Posted:
Well done Joe - £5 seems a bargain price and more than fair.

It's a shame I missed the last one as you all seem to have had a riot but rest assured I'll attend the February bash.

Groovy

D

It it weren't for my opposable thumb I'd have had that trick!

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
hmmmmmmmm?

im happy to pay man, hell ill throw in 20 just to cover my ass from last time, but i aint sre if ill be able to get down, as the date for urs is one week befroe my half term and i want to go to spitz on the 17th as well!

so i aint sure yet what im going to do!

anyways

laterdays

Step (el-nombrie)

310 posts

Posted:
Oh, it's all too confusing. When I got up this morning my hair was in my eyes, and I grabbed the first available thing that would hold it back - my sister's faded Nike sweat band. The problem is that it's very tight, and as the day has progressed I have found it harder and harder to think. Also everything smells of bleach.

SpitFireGOLD Member
Mand's Girl....and The Not So Shy One
2,723 posts

Posted:
Uhm...Joe....you might want to pry the sweat band off...it could be constricting the flow of blood to your brain. No...really...tho...no..those colored spots *aren't* real. You're seeing things.

*snickers and runs in circles* Manic Tuesday

Solitude sometimes speaks to you, and you should listen.

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
.....and WHAT have we told you about drinking bleach?

bad Joe! Baaad..... tongue

I don't mind either of the proposed February weekends biggrin
EDITED_BY: polythene (1074609944)

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Bum bum BUM! My housemate wants to have a party that weekend. Personally I was hoping to spend a wickedly romantic weekend with Kota that weekend - its our 4 year anniversery.

Hmmm - what happened to 3rd time lucky! Boo hoo! Have fun!

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
just to solve the issue of maybe missing the great weekend i have decided to move in with joe and comute to southampton every day!! sounds good huh!!

um im confused, i wanna come but u guys, i need a date to book off!!?!

frodo out!

passing through, this world still lives.

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Hey! I quit my job to go the one on the 6th - 8th eek i could have got anouther weeks worth of money frown

I really dont mind which one i suppose, just depends if i find a new job when i can say i can start.

I think i may move in with Joe to when i finish my work. find a new job in kent ubbangel
EDITED_BY: Pink...? (1074627069)

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

310 posts

Posted:
Well, the thing is I don't really mind either - I had thought the 6th was better for everyone, but since then most of the people who said they'd prefer the 6th have either dropped out or said that a later date would suit them just as well. For me, the 13th - 15th would probably work better. Seems as though, from the posts here, the date doesn't matter too much to anyone else either...

I have taken the sweat band off, and the sudden rush of blood to my head knocked me flat on my back, my vision filled with colours like you wouldn't believe.... and I'm only on the bleach to help me off the windolene. So there.

Kat, Diz, if we had it on the 13th - 15th could you come?

ubblove

Page: