DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Hey.
I want to get some blue LED s for my electro glo. I've found them on juggleart but they're 21 AUS dollaras (12 euros each). I'm thinking it must be possible to get 'em cheaper.

Does anyone know where? Are those things custom made or are they a standard type of LED mounted onto a watch battery and stuff.

They also have a new rainbow strobing LED for electro glo BTW in case anyone's interested. Has anyone seen these yet?

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
Best place I've found is LED-Lights.co.uk. Not as cheap as some places but they're located in the UK and at least on small orders, postage is free. The guy that runs it is very helpful + dispatches the goods quickly.

Cake or Death?

MillenniuMPLATINUM Member
Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
Geek: Unfortunately you can't use standard LEDs in Electroglos, he's looking for a specifically shaped LED that fits inside it.

I believe they are custom made for Electroglos, unfortunately, I haven't found a place to buy them. I have a pair of green, pair of blue, and pair of rainbow LEDs for my electroglos. The rainbows are quite nice, but it does NOT illuminate all the way down the tube very brightly. The effect is still awesome with 7 colors strobing. They're awesome for giving lightshows as well.

It seems your only option is Juggleart, which I suggest you use, as they're extremely nice and responsive people. If there's any defect they're happy to help you help you fix your problem, or send you a replacement if need be.

FabergGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
Hiya James,

I know a guy who works in a lighting distributors over in Walkinstown, and they do LEDs. I keep meaning to ask him the same thing, coz I want some replacements too. I've just sent him an email, will let you know if he comes back with good news.

L ubbrollsmile

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

Singed Piper (formerly Mark1)resident bagpiper
342 posts

Posted:
www.nighthack.com if not good try spelling nite beerchug

Q:What's the difference between the Great Highland Bagpipes and the Northumbrian Pipes?
A:The Great Highland Pipes burn longer.

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Don't you just love it when people don't read threads. umm

Do they have the ones that fit in Electro-glos though Lisa? They're way different that normal LEDs.
I want blu ones me thinks ubblove

Matthew_NeSILVER Member
Northeast USA Firespinner
122 posts

Posted:
People do read them.. but it seems like you don't search for them? eek Not to be a nasty bugger or anything, I have included a link for you that points to Mark1's post on Nighthack juggling/hackeysack balls. I won't tell you anymore, just to trust me and follow the link.

[Old link]

Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
Hexus: The LEDs in nighthacks don't fit in Electroglows, which is what this topic is about.

Matthew_NeSILVER Member
122 posts

Posted:
Quote:

nighthacks create a constant single color tail, are a little more durable(both are almost invinceable, just don't step on them), and use light modules that not only use electroglow batteries- they fit in electroglow cases.

So that's not correct? Cuz I have them.. and I've played with Electroglo's. Seems like they'd do it. wink Better than nothing I say.. or if you wanna spend the $21 AUD then go ahead.. just my 2 cents.

Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
Erm, I have a broken nighthack and the LED doesn't fit in my Electroglo, could be that it's a relatively new nighthack? I'm not sure. But it definitely doesn't fit.

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Whoops ubbangel

I did actually scim the post but missed the reference at the end there spank

So the light units the same or the actual hackey sack fits in the tube?

Matthew_NeSILVER Member
122 posts

Posted:
light units should be the same.. but maybe you're right.. they could have been redesegned..

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
My post above I'm supposed to be spanking myself....it l kinda reads wrong so ----bad DSS spank

Maybe I'll buy one these sacks...hmm.... ubbidea