Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Rainbow Serpent Festival, Melbourne, Oz, 23-26Jan

Login/Join to Participate

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
Hi everyone,

I'm wondering who is going to this event? I know that last year it was crazy hot so I'm assuming no fire again this year, but perhaps there will be a few spinners going?

Katinca and I are going to drive over on Thursday and leave monday, thus giving us lots of time to hook up with people before and after..

so whos going?

It was nice to meet the cairns guys, pyroptix and YT(I think?) at Tribadelic, but I think there might be even more at RSF?

Josh

PS Stone; I'll have your tarps and ropes and stuff you left at EC.

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
ok let's twirl in the same area, without the stifling heat!! (long range forecasting sez 25 degs weekend - huzzah!)
me gots 60+ Lt of Shell Sol TK and a mind to burn smile
oh yes and Sun Control Species/Fractal Glider would be good too I 'spose smile

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Hi Josh, not sure if I'm going to RS frown But I agree, it was great to meet all the cairns guys (and learn a heap of new tricks) when they came through melb. Bender, behave yourself wink
Catch ya

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

6,978 posts

Posted:
Stone, i can assure you that i am behaving myself but cannot at the moment prove that i am wearing pants.
ahh the limitations of the internet.

btw if it DOES end up being that hot this year, i am pleased to say that the Beaufort pool will be a semi-official part of the fest - hooray for pool-doof!

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
But Bender, does Shell Sol TK float ?????

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
i keep dropping hints about rainbow serpent, parentals can be so stubborn! lol! but im still working on it!!!!! biggrin

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

6,978 posts

Posted:
if you need a 'chaperone'
i can be that person.
i leave friday after work, and intend on driving back on sunday.
PM me please if you need my number or want me to speek to the parents.
peace

SlightlySingedGOLD Member
82 posts

Posted:
Where abouts do people generally fwirl at Rainbow?

I do poi nearly every day. But it's not like I'm addicted or anything. I mean, sure, I am always conscious of exactly where my poi are at all times, but I'm not obsessed. um.. Anyone have the number for Poi-ers Anon?

6,978 posts

Posted:
always only in the clearing between the main markets and the main stage.
always with the CFA rigth next to us with hoses out (never without HEAPS of begging)
usually after 11pm and then the fire never lasts for more than about 2 hours, at least for the last few years...
bring ya water guns smile

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Yeah it will be cool to see twirlers out and about. Looking forward to it. Should be a good party.

kate.

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

6,978 posts

Posted:
hey katinca, i heard that Josh is heading up to rainbow - maybe i can introduce you two...

SlightlySingedGOLD Member
82 posts

Posted:
Yay!!! I saw the performance with the girl doing double fire meteors - so sweet!! One day...

I didn't light up at all, but did heaps of day twirling and a little glow twirling. Aint nothin like poi dancing to psytrance...

I do poi nearly every day. But it's not like I'm addicted or anything. I mean, sure, I am always conscious of exactly where my poi are at all times, but I'm not obsessed. um.. Anyone have the number for Poi-ers Anon?