DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
OK I know there's the "meet people" section but I thought this would be quicker as I don't have much time and will leave my pc in about 10 mins.

I've just found out I'm off to Barcelona tomorrow for work and will be there until Thursday. If anyone is in the area and would like to meet up either Tues or Weds night for a bit of a spin please whack me an email (duncan_buiscit@yahoo.co.uk) and we'll arrange something. I'll be staying in the main centre (I think the main street is called Los Ramblos or something similar) so should be pretty easy to find...I'll be the 6"4' spinning guy with the stupid grin on his face!!

Anyway, hopefully see some of you soon!

weavesmiley

Let's relight this forum ubblove

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
BUMP

Well I guess no one in Barcelona was available to spin with me but I must say I had a great time (when I wasn't in boring work meetings!) spinning in a rather large street. Basically it's got a 40 foot (erm....12 metre?) footpath in the middle where loads of people have little perfomances and market stalls trade etc. There were some fire breathers there but by the time I have got back to the hotel, got my fire wicks and got back outside they were gone without trace so I could only spin with my Beamers, no fire at all ubbcrying

Still it was a great laugh, I've never had a round of applause in public before and people were even offering me money for my troubles!!

ah, one more memory for the chalkboard......

weavesmiley

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Me and my girlfriend are in Barcelona from the 17th till the 20th (or the 21st the memory ain't the best) in case anyone from there picks up on this.

Glad you had fun, we both play so maybe we'll have some fun while we're there. Do you have any recommendations for things to do places to stay etc.... cool

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Didn't see this earlier, but Cituadella (sp?) Park on Sundays is the place to go. Don't know about winter time tho.

I'm in Barcelona on 25th to 29th, after getting too drunk in the presence of a computer. Doh! Yay! wink

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
oh now everyone is going to Barcelona...TYPICAL!! Can't really recomend anywhere nice to go, I did try to roam but was stuck with the two old guys I work with who had no interest but boozing.
If you're veggie stay away from the markets cuz they're full of half dead sea creatures writhing about and skinned sheep heads. Eughh.

Generally tho it's a nice but funny smelling place and the people are quite friendly. Go to the Cathedral La Sagrada Familia, even though it's only half finished it's so hot damn impressive!

Enjoy yourselves travellers!!