MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
I watched The Enforcer last night. Jet Li uses his son as a rope dart.*rotflmao*J

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Go on, do a search. I bet this topic aint been done before....

Meh

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
Jet Lee is now, more than ever, my hero. ------------------Ambiguous

stickyfishmember
39 posts

Posted:
Does anyone have a vid of this, it sounds cool.I found a couple of pics of what I think you're talking about on Jet Lee's homepage but could not get a clear mental image of what was supposed to be happening. confused

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
my question now is Lee or Li. maybe it's just early in the moring for me, but both seem right.------------------Ambiguous

MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
Stickyfish - Jet Li swings his child around on a rope and hits people with him. Really has to be seen to be fully appreciated.Li/Lee, doesn't really matter, I don't think - it's just a phoenetic interpretation in any case. Normally spelt Li on posters, though.I feel inspired - I'm off to make a pair of midget poi..... grin

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Jet Li, Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan all use many of the things we dance with in very creative manners in their movies.FOr a more complete listing of spinning in the movies, look at the article on the home page about it. Or for in the mass media try looking here....https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000893-2.htmlWhen I did a search there were many places to look.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
No P. I think you've misunderstood. I was meaning specifically spinning children. I haven't been gone so long that you've forgotten how my style of humour works have I?

Meh

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Cantus, my sweet, that was for the benefit of the others. You and I both know that twirling children is not hard at all, now horses, cows and other forms of large mamalia, that is a different story. wink------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
And how is your darling cherub these days honey?

Meh

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
Personaly I like to twirl small furry animals, like puppies and ferrets and stuff.Opposums are great, they already have a nice tail to swing them by, and they just sit back and don't protest much when you spin them... grin

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
He turned 7 yesterday Cantus, which means his tail and horns are yet another inch longer! smile "Cherub"- my backside! rolleyesHe is a sarcastic, too intelligent for his own good, little smart ass with angel eyes and a lovely smile.....and I love him dearly!**Warning, animal activists, do not read the following**Anyway, wanna hear something a bit gross really (Santana's 'Possum theory is sparking this)? I have a Python (which technically could be an interesting swinging tool on her own) and she eats rats. I won't feed her live rats however, it is too dangerous but I also don't like the frozen ones. So, I purchase live rats, wrap them in a plastic shopping bag and swing them hard so they slam against a door jam and die instantly without pain. My poi skills actually translate over in an odd way. I know how to control the trajectory to make sure I hit their spine just right. It's more humane than the other ways of killing them, and doesn't create a mess or result in blood loss, which my Python needs for nutrition. And yes, I have tried just holding them by the tail to do it, but then I can look into their beady red eyes and feel guilty and, their tails are really slick...nearly had one get away once. Since I just did this an hour ago, it is fresh in my mind and thought I would share.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Spinning small animals with intent to cause bodily harm....... Sweet cool

Jesus helps me trick people.

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted: