Forums > Social Chat > I've got the broken bones blues

Login/Join to Participate

Galawen
Total posts: 45
Posted:Hey all,Im sitting here at home with a broken leg and singin' the blues. I was wondering if anybody has any good idea of things to do when dealing with broken bones. I cant poi or staff as my crutches get in the way and seeing as im going to be like this a month minimum I neeeeeeed something to do. HELLLPPP!!!!Love

Give Me FuelGive Me FireGive Me That Which I Desire-MetallicA

Delete Topic

M@TT
Total posts: 34
Posted:Go to sleep. Sleep long and hard and when you wake up in 5 weeks you'll be ready to go------------------ -M@TTKeep the fire burning.

-M@TTKeep the fire burning.

Delete

BamBam
BamBam

Pooh-Bah
Total posts: 1810
Posted:Two wordsPen twirling.BamX

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

Delete

clairebear
Total posts: 52
Posted:why not learn contact juggling of some form?From the little I know abouut it, you can probably learn whilst sitting down. And then VaVoom! another funky skill to add to your repetoir.big love n light.Miss Bear

Be Cautious of who you sniff, they could be an EnemyBig love and fluffy rainbow light in bundles. Bear xxx xxx xxx

Delete

theblackunicorn
Total posts: 119
Posted:fire eating is something i would kill for to be able learn.....if you know anyone who can teach you (if you dont already know that is...if you do well then i'll shut up
Non-Https Image Link
) then you could try that...i know it can be done sitting down and it is a beautiful talent. lots a luck!jokker------------------'' not all who wander are lost'' J.R.R. Tolkien'' its better to burn out...then to fade away'' Def Leppard

its to dying in anothers arms and why i had to try it......

Delete

glowshow
Total posts: 406
Posted:You could practice short string moves. Basically a lot of the normal stuff you do now, but learn how to turn all of your moves in between your arms, i.e. rolling moves. It will add to your repotoir when you get well again, and it will also keep you in the "swing" of things.Good luck, and get well soon! Best wishes.------------------I feel more like I do now than I did when I got here.~~~Dance as if noone is watching!~~~PLUR(RE) ---J---

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

Delete

luz
Total posts: 7
Posted:oh love,i know exactly how you feel. i just broke my finger. really it doesnt compare at all, but i can certainly sympathise.like suggested above, ive been practicing fire breathing, which only fulfills fire needs, not really active/twrilling needs. maybe some juggling? i have just been looking at the situation in a way that it must be time for me to focus (for just a little while) on some other aspects of performane that i otherwise tend to put off for poi/staff etc.hang in there! jamie

Delete

Galawen
Posted:Well clairebear - im actually trying that but the ball keeps falling on the floor and it takes forever for me to get it.theblackunicorn - I actually do fire breating and started to learn fire eating, but the catch is that I dont want to get kero all over my cast as it is unwashable (I'd smell like a gas station for a month)
Non-Https Image Link
Thanks for the love folks keep the ideas commin'Peace, Love, and friendship are the Keys to a perfect society.Love

Delete

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)
veteran
Total posts: 1325
Posted:Sit in a giant trash bag
Non-Https Image Link

Delete

Galawen
Posted:What?You saying that im trash?Is that it?I think I might be offended
Non-Https Image Link

Delete

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)
veteran
Total posts: 1325
Posted:Haha nope, you ain't trash... (Are you?
Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link
) What I mean is put a trash bag over your legs (or go all out and make a trash bag suit! hey, it may be trendy hehe)Kinudin

Delete