Forums > Social Chat > weird rumours anyone??

Login/Join to Participate

- cat -member
48 posts

Posted:
hiya all...

Just wondering how many of you guys have been cruising along in life and come to a point where suddenly you realise that there's been someone spreading some fairly nasty completely insane rumours about you to a couple of ppl you know? How did you deal with it?

I saw Valura's thread recently about someone doing that on here to her... and thought how the person doing it must be really unhappy within themselves, to try and bring down a cool happy person for no reason...

I discovered today that something similar has happened with a number of ppl I know and I felt upset more at the fact that these ppl I knew I counted as ppl who could make up their own minds and *come* to me if they thought there was any kind of problem.

I guess it did hurt a bit too...

Anyone else?

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
cos im the boring one who doesnt get drunk or do anything stupid at parties the slightest thing gets rumours started. thats it. im still very boring. although there was a rumour about me and a guy at skool which was more bullshit that i thort yr8 could muster.

yeah, that post was compltely pointless wasnt it?

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

- cat -member
48 posts

Posted:
Rouge that doesn't make you boring!

Well if you are, then I may as well jump in the same basket... I don't get absolutely wasted off-my-nut at parties.. or sleep with random ppls...

(okay..okay.. so I did some of the above when I was 13/14..not real proud of it... but ppl grow up ..and that was 8 years ago!!) tongue

I remember school used to be great though for those joo-see creative big-mamma rumours though...

pyrogyrogurlmember
33 posts

Posted:
Rumors usually really suck, but then sometimes they can be quite amusing...like for instance . everyone thinks I am doing everyone in my firedance troupe , just because i am the only woman, and im surrounded by 8 younger guys.... i love it....
heheheh..... ubbtickled

Sunshine..pyrogyrogurl aka imafiredancergurl

"Dont Worry BE Hippie"

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
That could be looked at in so many way s
biggrin

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
Well, on chat, all the mean people on there are spreading this rumour about how I'm getting married! ubbcrying I'm really not, I swear! And allthough blue and new rhyme, get me something orange biggrin

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
are you getting married Bobo..as your mother I feel I should have been told beofre it became common rumour knowledge.......
.....who to????

can i just say..oh look theres a rock....and that an orange frock is a damn fine choice .......

hug hug hug hug *glomp*

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
I am pretty lucky. I have got to a stage in my life where I am surrounded by friends who know me very well, and although I know sometimes it is no safeguard, at the moment it just doesn't happen.

What does happen is that people who have known me at other stages in my life make pretty strong assumptions about the way I would behave after something has gone wrong. It hurts me doubly because I would hope peoples knowledge of me is good enough that they know even where I am no longer friends with them, I will behave with honour.

But guilt and paranoia overrides reason.

Maybe this is how rumour start, not just at drunken parties.

*insert orange frock comment here wink*

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
i've had rumors spread about me all the time. tends to be related to the fact a lot of people are intimidated by me. it used to bother me, but now i just shrug it off

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
I got a rumor started that i was in a lesbian duo with han ( in the pic on the left) but that was only cos the nigth b4 at a beach party we had 'pretended' by holding hands to get back at her ex. kinda funny at the time, but only cos we were pissed as hell......shuddup aimee ur boring ppl. pointless post - soz! aimz x

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
My work mates at my previous work spread a rumour that I was anorexic.

Nasty horrible hags that they were!

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
Rumors go away after a few weeks. They happen to everyone and are best ignored. Unless they're really sick and twisted then you can really take the wind out of a few sails by saying "Yep. All true and I'm not ashamed. The goat was consenting"

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

- cat -member
48 posts

Posted:
hahha.. thanks everyone... hug hug hug ubblove

It's funny how some ppl assume cos a girl is skinny and doesn't eat heaps she is automatically anorexic! (although I actually eat heaps!)

Rozi.. that made a lot of sense to me.. I can see where you're coming from actually...thanks smile