Forums > Technical Discussion > Wow. Comments on the new dual-color Light Sticks.

Login/Join to Participate

MillenniuMPLATINUM Member
Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
I ordered a Concentrate staff from the HOP shop about a week ago, and decided to throw in a pair of the dual color LED light sticks. I got two red/green, and my friend got two green/blues.

I had ordered the single color LED light sticks in the past and I must say, I was disappointed. Weak glow, too light, too small, broke incredibly easily. I was expecting something slightly better but still not worth replacing glowsticks for casual night spins and raves, but oh boy, was I wrong.

I went outside, in pretty much complete darkness, and turned on one color (another nifty feature, you can put on either color or both colors). It was incredibly bright, almost light looking in to a LED pointed at your eye. I put on the second color, and it did an amazing diffusual effect which lit up the poi even more, resulting in a very brilliant shine comparable to the ultra-bright glowsticks that last for 5 minutes. When spinning them around they left amazing trails, brighter than any color electroglo I've seen (which tend to be quite bright).

Although the red/green were nice, the green/blue were much better. They fade extremely evenly so that you can't pick out any point where the colors begin to fade.

I hit them together a few times while doing a decently fast thread the needle (about 2 rotations a second on 20" chains) and there wasn't a bit of damage. They seem very durable, super bright, and cheap enough so that if you break them it's not a big deal at all.

I highly recommend them to anyone that needs a cheap and enviornmentally safe alternative to glowsticks.

Big AndyBRONZE Member
186 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the product review! I'm sure my next HOP order will include a plethora of these.

Yeah, that's right. I said plethora.

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!"

"Welcome to the U-S-A,
We'll treat you right, unless you're black or gay, or Cherokeeeeee!!"

-Brian Griffin from "Family Guy" (the dog)

joulzenlightened
187 posts

Posted:
haah thats sick in the face! i never even herd of those ( guess i shoudld chekc the hop shot more often) but then again i nevr order,
i think ill give it a try

** note to big andy: -what did they give u?
-L.S.D!!
-CASTRATION!!!, DOUBLE CASTRATION!!

it must be green

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
Any idea yet how long do the batteries last?

Cake or Death?

MillenniuMPLATINUM Member
Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
It says 8-10 hours, but I've only had them lit for 2 hours or so, no signs of dimming.

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
Cool smile

Cake or Death?