Forums > Social Chat > First Official Paid Performance!

Login/Join to Participate

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
grin I am very excited! Last night I *finally* had my first paid indoor performance! I have been working on securing gigs around here (which, by the way, is damn near impossible to do around here!) for a short while now, because the summer party circuit is starting to get going.Anyway, I had talked to a promoter a couple of times about a new venue he was helping to open up. He said that I could spin out there. I didn't know exactly how serious he was, but I went out there last night with some of my gear, just in case. I was trying to be as professional as possible about it when I sat down with the owners of the building. I had a small packet of information put together, and started to expalin my training and safety procedures, when one of the guys stopped me and said, "So let me get this srtaight. You are going to light those things on fire, and then spin them around your head?""Yes, sir, that is correct, but...""Well shit! man! Fire those things up!!!"Hells yeah! grinAfterwards, we worked out an increasing pay scheme. Until the place gets rolling, I get myself and 3 others in for free, and a small (use your judgement) bar tab. Once they get established, they are going to list me as a featured entertainer, and put me on the fliers. Then I will get paid (we're estimating now) about $150 for big Saturday night performances. The same price as most of the DJs that come out there.Yay! Woo-hooo!And as an added bonus, my old girlfriend from about 5 years ago was there. I'll leave the rest up to your imagination... tongue grin !!!------------------I feel more like I do now than I did when I got here.~~~Dance as if noone is watching!~~~PLUR(RE) ---J---

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
wooohooo!!! yeaaaaahh!!excitement in the air. that is great for you. that adds to the rush when you are performing. have a blast and good luck smile

anyone got a light?

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Very cool. Congrats & well done (specially on the bar tab wink)R.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

wulffmember
79 posts

Posted:
congrats wink

wulff

xtremravr...was here..member
337 posts

Posted:
well...damn good job glowshow!!! sounds like you are gonna be a real time performer!!! *hpes that i can spin for $ one day* that would be soooo kooolll!!! well good luck with your gig, and congrats with your 5 yr ex!!! bet that wnet well...lolp.l.u.r.r.xtremravr

Peace Luv Uni-t Respect Responsa-what?!?! Xtrem

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
congratulations.... smileShine oncassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
nice one!such a good feeling huh!PKhttps://uk.geocities.com/poi_in_the_park_sheffield

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
Thanks, guys and gals! I am really stoked right now. I think this is going to boost my initiative through the roof! I can't wait to do it again! I only had 4 burns, but between them I spun my RAV'N photons all damn night! Have you ever heard of being "in the zone?" Well, that was kind of how I felt! I had such a good energy flowing through me, that I would just close my eyes and flow for half an hour at a time. I don't know why, but I had the most incredible buzz off of spinning that night. I completely zoned out to everything else, and elevated above the dancefloor. Anyone ever heard the song "Today Was A Good Day?" That's been stuck in my head.Thank-you, Supa' for getting me into this sh!t! And thanks to everyone here for all of the information you have offered.MAD SCHNOOGINS TO MALCOLM! grinSorry to get all sappy, but this has turned from a simple hobby into a passion.(X- you don't *even* know!)------------------I feel more like I do now than I did when I got here.~~~Dance as if noone is watching!~~~PLUR(RE) ---J---

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

xtremravr...was here..member
337 posts

Posted:
bad freakin azz glowshow...i havent been spinning but a 2 months and i have masteered the 5 beat and some pretty kewl transfers and wraps..sounds like you been doing this for a while...much luck to ya and spin like theres no end to tha night!!! peeaacceep.l.u.r.r.xtremravr

Peace Luv Uni-t Respect Responsa-what?!?! Xtrem

SupaflyBRONZE Member
TNT
173 posts

Posted:
I big official "Congratulations" to ya Glowshow. Can't wait to come see you bust out some mad indoor moves. Way to go man!

Fear the evil monkey!

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Hey Glowshow, Good work man. well done I don't wanna put a downer on things but if he has a plan like that for ya - get a contract. Otherwise he could tell you he's not making enough on whatever and can't pay you as much as he thought. I have had this happen before a couple of times.If he wants you, he won't hesitate and you got something definate.Enjoy it Glowshow, you earned it. grin

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
I'm on it. I am meeting the promoter for dinner tomorrow night to go over all the details. But thanks for looking out!