luzmember
7 posts

Posted:
oh geese!how ironic. i was so excited to show of my new poi move (i learned btb weave!!!)that i went running off to grab my poi, when my finger decided to run directly into the wall at full speed. i just wanted to share my frustration of not being able to practice. perhaps it's time to work on some of those one-handed moves!oweeee!jamie

The Welcome Mattmember
193 posts

Posted:
Oh my god that sucks!!I remember once that I was so excited to finally be able to show off all of my moves when I was first starting out. At a party I started twirling and 5 seconds into it my glowsticks fly off my shoe laces into the crowd. I couldn't find them and I was out of money...Not nearly as painful as you breaking your finger.. sorry man. smileMatt------------------I dreamt that I ate a 10 pound marshmellow and then when I woke up, my pillow was gone!

I dreamt that I ate a 10 pound marshmellow and then when I woke up, my pillow was gone!

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
Eigh... that sucks. I've never broken anything in my body (but when I was about a year old I crashed right into the corner of two walls, splitting my forhead open). Practice with your other hand wink

Acidmember
110 posts

Posted:
gee... that sucksdepending on the finger you could try anotjer one... or maybe that wouldn't work cause your whole hand is out of function...try to poi with one hand...i can do the weave with one handit actually looks cool.be happy
Non-Https Image Link

life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans John Lennon

luzmember
7 posts

Posted:
thanks guys!I think its time to learn fire breathing and other circus related tricks that have been on the back burner. and i think when this one becomes just a little less sensitive i can spin my poi using my muddle and ring finger rather than mr.index. but i dreamt last night about spinning poi. woe is me. grin thanks for the support.jme

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I know exactly what it feels like, since my left arm is still in a cast until my wrist sorts itself out again.I had a very good suggestion of something to practise until you can use both hands - single handed staff. It was driving me mad not being able to spin anything, the staff has at least calmed me down slightly

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

luzmember
7 posts

Posted:
sorry about the state of your arm/wrist! yes, i was spinning my boyfriends staff today with much enthusiasm. it felt pretty good.my left arm is going to have alot of catching up to do when it heals!

CAINED-AND-UNABLEmember
214 posts

Posted:
Thats unlucky. This december i went over the handlebars on my mountain bike (my other fanatically pursued hobby :> ), and shattered my left wrist (the scaphoid bone), i couidnt do anything for weeks........... until i decided to learn the one handed weave. I guess some things were just planned out for us ( i cant see myself practicing the weave one handed for 2 months straight anyother way. :> the funny thing is, i still cant do it properlyhave fun, and i guess this quote might help:"Life shrinks or expands, according to ones courage"C'an'U

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
That's the bone I've broken too, the scaphoid.Apparently it takes twice as much force to break it than it takes to break one of the arm bones.I might have to give that 1 handed weave a try and see what happens.------------------Bovril - It's liquid cow y'know

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.