• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Social Chat > Profiles and Email addresses

Login/Join to Participate

Pele
BRONZE Member since Dec 2000

Pele

the henna lady

Total posts: 6193
Posted:As a mod, when I touch, move, delete, whatever someone's post or thread I am supposed to email the person to let them know what's up.If a conversation is inappropriate for the board, I encourage it to continue in email.If people are trying to meet up, they are encouraged to contact others in the area through email.And lately I am getting a bunch of requests looking for people's email addresses because they are being left out of profiles. (Nightshade1, you happen to be high on the request list)If you don't feel comfortable using your normal email, set one up at Hotmail or Yahoo with your HoP name on it. It is free and easy but please, *please* people, include some form of email in your profile listing, it will make it easier for you to get information directly about threads, posts and other things.Thank you.
Non-Https Image Link
------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...http://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Delete Topic

Durbs
BRONZE Member since Sep 2001

Durbs

Classically British

Total posts: 5688
Posted:If this message board is the same as most others, you can make e-mail address a requirement of registration...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Delete

Charles
BRONZE Member since Jun 2001

Charles

Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer

Total posts: 3989
Posted:It is a requirement of regstration, though you can choose not to have it avialble ot others for whatever reason.This means Malcolm can send meails to the individuals but no-one else, including mods, can see it without the registered person personally giving it to us...------------------Charles (AKA INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttp://juggle.co.nz/fire/fire.html

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Delete

Ajay

Total posts: 158
Posted:if mods send email to users when they move delete etc threads would it not be a good idea to make all emails available to them...

One fine day in the middle of the night,
Two dead men got up to fight,
Back to back they faced each other,
Drew there swords and Shot each other.

Delete

Malcolm
SAPPHIRE Member since Nov 2003

Malcolm

HOP admin

Total posts: 999
Posted:In keeping with good privacy policy we can not give out information on people without their permission. However I can pass on information for others to people should it be necessary.It would really be helpful and make things easier if we were all listing an email address so people may contact users directly. Hotmails and Yahoos I am sure are easy to get.

"May your balls always burn"

Delete

Rozi
SILVER Member since Jan 2002

100 characters max...

Total posts: 2996
Posted:I can't remember whether it is hotmails or yahoos, but one of them will no longer be free in the near future. I think Lycos does free mail, although you have missed out on the magical "angelfire" accounts for which they are no longer setting up new users.R.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

Delete

wulff

Total posts: 79
Posted:well people... if you want a free e-mail msn and yahoo aren't the only places.. tons of places have them. go do a search
Non-Https Image Link
one i found a while back that i thought was funny was:http://smurfs.com/enjoywulff

wulff

Delete

Ajay

Total posts: 158
Posted:http://www.bolt.com
is a good online comunity which includes free mail.there are hundreds about.

One fine day in the middle of the night,
Two dead men got up to fight,
Back to back they faced each other,
Drew there swords and Shot each other.

Delete