• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Social Chat > bye bye spike milligan`imals

Login/Join to Participate

orange

Total posts: 158
Posted:i twirl to comedy as well as soundsit keeps me giddy or euphorically highall energy towards-is energy towardsjust to say turrah (byebye) to the manhe had the eyes people realise are aliveorange energy hugs to spike...xxx...------------------swoopedinandswoopedoutagain...orange...xxx...

swoopedinandswoopedoutagain...orange...xxx...

Delete Topic

The Welcome Matt

Total posts: 193
Posted:huh? I'm a little confused...------------------I dreamt that I ate a 10 pound marshmellow and then when I woke up, my pillow was gone!

I dreamt that I ate a 10 pound marshmellow and then when I woke up, my pillow was gone!

Delete

TheBovrilMonkey
SILVER Member since Sep 2001

TheBovrilMonkey

Liquid Cow

Total posts: 2629
Posted:I couldn't believe it when I saw the paper this morning.He will certainly be missed.------------------Bovril - It's liquid cow y'know

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Delete

Marlboro

Total posts: 180
Posted:He truley was a great spirit, and a very funny fecker!!
Non-Https Image Link
M:-)~

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.

Delete

Dom
BRONZE Member since Dec 2001

Dom

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3009
Posted:When I lived abroad as a kid I had to rely on my parents music collection for amusement. My father had loads of Goon Shows on tape and they are always on!Yesterday I downloaded a load of old Goon Shows and laughed myself silly!

Delete

_Stix_

_Stix_

Pooh-Bah

Total posts: 2419
Posted:What a wonderful beast is the PelicanWho's beak can hold more than his belli-canHe can hold in his beak, enough food for a week..And I often wonder how the helli-can..I grew up to you Spike - sorely missed.

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

Delete

JeStEr
SILVER Member since Jul 2001

enthusiast

Total posts: 214
Posted:BUMPThings that go bump!' in the night,Should not really give one a fright.It's the hole in each earThat lets in the fear,That, and the absence of light!Very sad to lose another great mind, even if it was a little bent.

Trying to play the Akashic records,
but my turntables not compatible.

Delete

shizN0T

Total posts: 184
Posted:so... who is spike? I assume he wasnt big in the states.

I smell something burning.

Delete

Dom
BRONZE Member since Dec 2001

Dom

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3009
Posted:Spike Milligan was one of the funniest men of the century. His work includes the famous 'The Goons' show on BBC radio in the 50s, TV, films, writing, poetry, children's books, etc...He's considered to have been a major influence on comedy for the last 50 years.BBC News Article

Delete

N8

Total posts: 336
Posted:Even a bent mind can be great.A movie villan once said:"The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success."N8[This message has been edited by N8 (edited 01 March 2002).]

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Delete

shizN0T

Total posts: 184
Posted:hey N8, I think thats in an Infected Mushroom track also. P.S. no one in my office knows who he is...*opens google.com*[This message has been edited by shizN0T (edited 01 March 2002).]

I smell something burning.

Delete

Jangla

Total posts: 155
Posted:I wandered lonely as a cloud,o'er hill and dale,when all at once I came across,a dog being sick in the daffodils.Has anyone seen any of his early 'Q' stuff? The strangest thing you will ever see in your life...ever! ....promise.---------------------------------------"With a bit of luck, his life was ruined; always thinking that just behind some narrow door, in his favourite bars, men in red woolen suits are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know."

---------------------With a bit of luck, his life was ruined; always thinking that just behind some narrow door, in his favourite bars, men in red woolen suits are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know.

Delete

Ade
SILVER Member since Mar 2001

Are we there yet?

Total posts: 1897
Posted:And to think, a Woy Woy boy through and through
Non-Https Image Link
(no wonder he had a bizarre outlook on life!)

Delete

Durbs
BRONZE Member since Sep 2001

Durbs

Classically British

Total posts: 5688
Posted:In the Ning-Nang-Nong,where the cows go "bong"and the monkey's jibber-jabber-jooThere's a nong-ning-nangWhere the cows say "bang"and the monkeys all say "Boo!"I think that's right, Top, top guy. Read his war memorials - briliant.Sorely missed

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Delete

Ajtag

Ajtag

The occasional one...

Total posts: 445
Posted:do you think he was there when he died?sorely missed...

There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who dont.
Enjoy - A

Delete

clare

Total posts: 82
Posted:'This is your life!''oo, i was wondering i wondering what it was'

Delete

Cantus
SILVER Member since Jul 2001

Cantus

Tantamount to fatuity

Total posts: 15965
Posted:No one told me. I had to learn it here. From Mr Orange - who I only saw the other night - but then I've been avoiding tv and most other forms of media.It's a shame. There's a lot of unhappiness about right now it seems.

"I'll carry this....It's harder to spill a hat" - Chellybean
"...like a rabbit caught in a lighthouse?" - Chellybean

Delete