Forums > Social Chat > bye bye spike milligan`imals

Login/Join to Participate

orangemember
158 posts

Posted:
i twirl to comedy as well as soundsit keeps me giddy or euphorically highall energy towards-is energy towardsjust to say turrah (byebye) to the manhe had the eyes people realise are aliveorange energy hugs to spike...xxx...------------------swoopedinandswoopedoutagain...orange...xxx...

swoopedinandswoopedoutagain...orange...xxx...

The Welcome Mattmember
193 posts

Posted:
huh? I'm a little confused...------------------I dreamt that I ate a 10 pound marshmellow and then when I woke up, my pillow was gone!

I dreamt that I ate a 10 pound marshmellow and then when I woke up, my pillow was gone!

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I couldn't believe it when I saw the paper this morning.He will certainly be missed.------------------Bovril - It's liquid cow y'know

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Marlboromember
180 posts

Posted:
He truley was a great spirit, and a very funny fecker!! grinM:-)~

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
When I lived abroad as a kid I had to rely on my parents music collection for amusement. My father had loads of Goon Shows on tape and they are always on!Yesterday I downloaded a load of old Goon Shows and laughed myself silly!

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
What a wonderful beast is the PelicanWho's beak can hold more than his belli-canHe can hold in his beak, enough food for a week..And I often wonder how the helli-can..I grew up to you Spike - sorely missed.

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

JeStErSILVER Member
enthusiast
214 posts

Posted:
BUMPThings that go bump!' in the night,Should not really give one a fright.It's the hole in each earThat lets in the fear,That, and the absence of light!Very sad to lose another great mind, even if it was a little bent.

Trying to play the Akashic records,
but my turntables not compatible.

shizN0Tmember
184 posts

Posted:
so... who is spike? I assume he wasnt big in the states.

I smell something burning.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Spike Milligan was one of the funniest men of the century. His work includes the famous 'The Goons' show on BBC radio in the 50s, TV, films, writing, poetry, children's books, etc...He's considered to have been a major influence on comedy for the last 50 years.BBC News Article

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
Even a bent mind can be great.A movie villan once said:"The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success."N8[This message has been edited by N8 (edited 01 March 2002).]

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

shizN0Tmember
184 posts

Posted:
hey N8, I think thats in an Infected Mushroom track also. P.S. no one in my office knows who he is...*opens google.com*[This message has been edited by shizN0T (edited 01 March 2002).]

I smell something burning.

Janglamember
155 posts

Posted:
I wandered lonely as a cloud,o'er hill and dale,when all at once I came across,a dog being sick in the daffodils.Has anyone seen any of his early 'Q' stuff? The strangest thing you will ever see in your life...ever! ....promise.---------------------------------------"With a bit of luck, his life was ruined; always thinking that just behind some narrow door, in his favourite bars, men in red woolen suits are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know."

---------------------With a bit of luck, his life was ruined; always thinking that just behind some narrow door, in his favourite bars, men in red woolen suits are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know.

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
And to think, a Woy Woy boy through and through grin(no wonder he had a bizarre outlook on life!)

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
In the Ning-Nang-Nong,where the cows go "bong"and the monkey's jibber-jabber-jooThere's a nong-ning-nangWhere the cows say "bang"and the monkeys all say "Boo!"I think that's right, Top, top guy. Read his war memorials - briliant.Sorely missed

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

AjtagThe occasional one...
445 posts

Posted:
do you think he was there when he died?sorely missed...

There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who dont.
Enjoy - A

claremember
82 posts

Posted:
'This is your life!''oo, i was wondering i wondering what it was'

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
No one told me. I had to learn it here. From Mr Orange - who I only saw the other night - but then I've been avoiding tv and most other forms of media.It's a shame. There's a lot of unhappiness about right now it seems.

Meh