Forums > Social Chat > Bloody joy-riding car thieves!

Login/Join to Participate

FabergGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
I came home from a wonderful holiday on Saturday to discover that my car had been stolen frown frown frown

It was found yesterday by the police, totally wrecked. It was only a '93 micra, but I really need my wheels to get to work, there's no busroute from where I live to my job.

Now I have to face the problem of the insurance company giving me feck-all, due to the age of the car. The amount they're willing to compensate will not cover the purchase of another '93 Micra, even though I'm insured for theft. ubbcrying

Do any other countries out there have problems with joy-riding? (for those who do not know, 'joy-riders' are what they call scumbag teenage car thieves who steal cars just to spin around at high speed for the night, totalling your car when they're done!)

I'm sooooo pissed off right now mad

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Oh no, thats awful.... hug hug hug hug

We had a car stloen a few years ago and they trashed everything bar the baby seat......

...does nothing for the racial predjudice problem here either

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

BigDavmember
175 posts

Posted:
Im really sorry to hear about your loss of your car!

Its terrible when pesky kids like that steal your car. I personally have had my car broken into when I lived in Dublin. I had a Saxo with full body kit and tinted windows and a stereo woth £800 in the car. they smashed the back windows and reached in and unlocked the dorr. they then broke off my dashboard and ripped the front of my car apart to get the stereo and speakers outta the car. They did £1200 of damage plus the £800 for the stereo and about another £500 for cd's that was in the car. My insurance company said they will pay for the damage but i would have lost my 3 years no claims discount. Insurance in ireland is VERY VERY expensive. For a 21 year old with no claims discount you expect t pay £3000 a year at least. With 3 years no claims i paid only £700 per year. It would not have been worth me puting the claim through my insurance as it would have cost me more in the long run. i shortly after sold my car at a rock bottom price.

Once again im really sorry to hear about your car being knicked

hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug

Be Good, and if you DONT be Good, Buy a Pram!

Fire BunnySILVER Member
veteran
1,260 posts

Posted:
i dont have a car. i have a ledgand scooter. its wicked. but not when it rains. in the rain it...hmm... stops. goes: putt putt ... putt... stop.

im saving for a car tho biggrin

What if we think the jokes on them,
But really - the jokes on us....

and also... i wuv Rougie *snuz*

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
I am having similar enjoyment right now. Some dumb schmoe tried to break into my passenger side door. They were unsuccessful, however they stuffed the lock and no one can open it now!!! mad Talk about spoiling it for everyone.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

Riamember
114 posts

Posted:
AWWWWWW hug I am so sorry to hear about your car frown I had my car vandelised at the weekend and i'm not happy about it at all! I think its a problem everywhere and it comes down to horrible people that have no respect for our hard-earned property! But dont worry, what go's around ALWAYs comes around in the end!
They are sad, horrible people with nothing better to do! We are so much more than that smile peace