Forums > Social Chat > single,dating,married,or other?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
KaeKaeKEIKImember
4 posts

Posted:
are you single?dating someone?married?or OTHER?just more cr@p to find out about people you dont know and will probably never meet...but that's the computers soul purpose, let alone the internet...right?"don't mess with the Fyre if you don't wanna get burned--unless you play with Poi"~me"if you someTHING set it on Fyre"-------------------kaekae--KEIKI-alwayZ member...-~*KaeKae*~- LuVs YoU!!!mai poi boi gonna beat ur @$$

-kaekae--KEIKI-alwayZ member...-~*KaeKae*~- LuVs YoU!!!mai poi boi gonna beat ur @$$

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Good smileBut as crazy as it may sound I fully understand and respect that you are enjoying it. Each relationship is different and cannot be compared or given "grades of quality"... most important is that it should have the... touch of respect, shape of love and smell of happiness...What I must admit i find harder to understand is the (US?) definition of sex as being only based on penetration. It kind of reminds me of the Lewinsky case. It is a weird concept to me to keep those things separate... isn't it ?would like to hear your opinion / explanations smileshine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Er... not for nothin' Cassandra but "sex" does technically mean intercourse in America. It can be used for things other than penetration but according to Webster's online dictionary:... 3 a : sexually motivated phenomena or behavior b : sexual intercourse. ...***As you can see, it CAN be used to mean purely intercourse and sometimes is.As for me, I do think there is a difference.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
And since I've been dragged into this I guess I'll give my slant as well...I STRONGLY believe that the decision to have sex in any fashion or with any individual is an intimate decision to be made and judged only by those involved.I do not think I have a right to judge ANY act or lifestyle decision made by consenting adults as right or wrong.It's none of my business and it's none of anyone else's either.(Just the opinion of one straight-but-not-narrow guy)

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Cassandra has touched on something with the US differences in attitude to sex. For example:(OK, this is a drunken message, but lets talk oral sex. Apologies for being blunt or crude, but I type as I think wink)I read (OK, I read tooo much, I know!) an article by an American woman living in London. In the UK a woman gives a man oral mainly after they've already had sex. It's a reward thing maybe, for beinga cool boyfriend.In the US there a tradition of riding out to the local parking lot to make out, and girls wishing to keep their honor gave oral instead of full blown sex.So across the atlantic there maybe are differences in attitude to different sexual acts and their meaning. maybe.Vodka out.....

bebhinnmember
18 posts

Posted:
I am currently single, but quietly in deep friendship+lust. he doesn't know, or does and is keeping quiet too. AAAAnyway, on the subject of oral sex.. i am an18year old girl living in ireland, a nation whose politics, but not its people, are deeply catholic.Oral sex is an acceptable practice in most youth couples, as young as 13. in ireland, abortion is illegal, the abortion pill is illegal, the pill is available, but frowned upon to give it to young people. Therefore, for absolute fear of pregnancy, people resort to other measures to "satisfy" themselves. I am not arguing for or against any of the abovementioned things, just expressing my suprise that oral sex is considered strange. I cannot think of a single female friend who did not perform oral before losing her virginity (something which many girls hang on to for dear life)Incidentally, at the present moment the irish constitution states that abortion is only allowed when the mother's life (not health) is in danger for physical psychological or psychiatric reasons.There will be a referendum on wednesday to take the words "Pyschlogical or psychiatric" out. So in theory, if we vote yes, and at some point in the future, a clinically depressed, suicidal woman/child is raped, and becomes pregnant, and has an abortion, she will be jailed for 12 years. You people, what a fcked-up country do i live in??personally, i believe that human life is sacred, and abortion is abhorrant, but SOMETIMES NECESSARY.Sorry for inflicting this upon you people, but i just thought some of you might be interested to know what a "first world", EU country is doing.Luckily i am 18, and can vote, a privilege i am grateful for.oh yes, and if anyone is interested in an 18year old blond, blue-eyed, 5foot3inches, irish mail-order bride, i'll be finished school in june, call me, I make great brownies, give great head, and am Dying to get out of this repressive, closed-minded country.***fire - the state of combustion in which inflammable material burns, producing heat, flames, and often smoke***

...that's not flying, it's falling, with style...

redmow80member
11 posts

Posted:
single, single, single, and will probably be single for some timehope that isn't the case though thats my dramadic side showing through on this particular subjectpeople just tend to be a little intimidated by a red headed dude singing around big balls of red firesome one will come alongif i'm lucky he or she will have the same firey personality spinspinspin

Queen Vmember
10 posts

Posted:
im kinda new to this computer jazz, i just got out of a year and a half fucked up engagement with a wingnut but im looking forward to burning man! ------------------iF I CAN'T DANCE I DONT WANT TO JOIN YOUR REVOLUTION -E.G.

BE LIKE THE FIRE,SHINE WITHOUT FORM.

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
*Looks at calender*Hmm, the last 2 weeks of June seems to be open, Bebhinn, ever thought of living in Cali? wink I dunno if I am joking or not. I wish I could just skip the whole dateing rutine sometimes. Personally I feel that homosexuality and premeridal sex is wrong, but we are free to choose our own path in life. To your own self be true.Here is an interesting question, it might be seen as crude and wrong but I would like to know who the first guy was that had his chick go down on him.------------------"Flag of the free heart's hope and home By angel hands to valor given,Thy stars have lit the welkin dome, And all their hues were born in heaven!Forever wave that standard sheet, Where breathes the toe but falls before usWith freedom's soil beneath our feet And freedom's banner streaming o'er us!"Albert J. Beveridge

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I think if it involves intentional contact with intimate places it is an act of sex...to which there are various forms. Sometimes kissing is a sexual act in and of itself, with someone who gets your blood pumping. I think sex is far more than penetration. I also believe there is a *huge* difference between making love (this is with that someone special) and having sex (bringing the guy/gal home from the bar). I, personally, don't partake of the latter because I need to feel a connection.As for oral sex. You know, I find that so much more intimate than penetration. I think there has to be **a whole lot** of trust to allow someone to go near such a sacred place with a sharp set of teeth! grin Ray, a really brave man! winkI also agree that no judgement should be passed on anyone for their preferences, but I will admit, I do have my hangups too. I think kids (literally, if in high school or younger) are too young. Hand them some poi if they really need something to do with their hands! winkAs for the American outlook. Our media promotes sex at every turn of the bend, advertising, videos, billboards, magazines but then the "moral pillars" get up and preach prudeness. I think it has the American culture so messed up that it doesn't know what way to go! So there are the people who put effort into the outlandish sex so as to shock the norm and there are those who button up to the gills to keep any form of sexuality repressed. We are taunted with taboo's but told not to touch. I think it is ridiculous and makes it hard for anyone to freely find their sexual identity. It sucks, and the best anyone can do it try to ignore it or not let it have a profound effect on them, which takes alot of willpower.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

twirlgirlmember
13 posts

Posted:
I, personally, am single frownI'm looking for a new guy... I'm just frustrated because the vast majority of guys I've dated have just treated me like trash... all of 'em except the first and the last... and I'm such a nice girl, too! winkIn terms of sex... I, personally, am waiting for my wedding night (if it ever comes!) to lose my virginity... I just want to have that special bond with my husband and no one else. I also don't believe in abortion, so I want to make very VERY sure that I never get pregnant!That being said, I do become sexually intimate with the men I date. (When I refer to my virginity, I am strictly referring to not having intercourse.) I really enjoy being physically close to someone I love, and if I ever meet the man I do want to marry, while we will not have experience in everything, we'll have a pretty good idea of our compatibility in the bedroom!So, basically, I don't think there's anything wrong with premarital sex... it's just not what I want to do. (Although it's certainly tempting sometimes...) wink *sigh* I'm just afraid I'm gonna die an old maid... frown

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
:waves to bebhinn:hi smilei like brownies...

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
I like pie.

SorchaTheFlamingmember
235 posts

Posted:
Im single *sniff sniff*im gonna die an old woman in a house with 40 cats..i anticipate an eye patch by the time im 30i also anticipate gaining 150 lbs by the time im 40... but right now im still cute and scarless.. smileheh heh the home of poi personals..19 year old "cute" hippie girl.. most likely taller than you-***** seeking taller man aged 21-26 years peircings and tattoos welcome but not optional must not be squemish, taken, or married, but be able to work a fire extingusher/fire blanket. OH and not mind cuddeling/hitchiking/dreadlocks/traveling/ many animals/loud heavy music.. smilemotorcycles/.....etcplease contact Haley at.....

Teach tolerance, not competition.
Send food, not bombs.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Home of poi personals? I smell a new post. smileThen Cassandra and I will have another HoP couple to double date with. But no kinky swingin' cuz my girlie's too hot to share. wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

2,905 posts

Posted:
Well either he was brave or the woman didn't have any teath! *shrugs* I guess thats just one of those things.I applaude Twirlgirl in her choice, I wish more women were like that.Pele is 99.9% (I don't think that anybody can be 100% anything) right about Americas view on sex, but she did manage to leave out video games, c'mon check out Laura Croft!!!

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Didn't take us long to get to sex did it?Well, I'm enjoying the tangent so I'll run with it.I'm not so sure about America having a different social definitions of sex mainly because I'm not so sure that America has a unified definition of sex or love or sexual relations. I agree, I'm falling back on my "America is too diverse for me to accept many rash generalizations about it" arguement (which could probably be confused with a "Pro America" arguement, which I wouldn't make...)I believe that there are probably more consistancy between different countries' socioeconomic/educational/subcultural definitions of sex than between the countries themselves. I remember a few standout statistics from the Kinsey report (on American Sexuality). One interesting correlation is the higher the level of education = the older most people are when they lose their virginity and also the higher the kissing to sex ratio is. (OF COURSE THIS IS STATISTICAL AVERAGE!)I'm sure that the general trend would hold in any country represented on HoP. (Which seems pretty "Western Culture" dominated.)Having taught in some radically different socio-economic environments I can say that the definition of and trends within sex change with the neighborhood of a given city.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

2,905 posts

Posted:
NYC, first things first could you rewrite your post and make it easyer for a simple minded, war mongering, neanderthol like me to under stand.Second off, if you do not want to make a ""Pro America" arguement" thats fine, I would only request that you dont advertise it. It offends me greatly, especially comming from someone who has no doubt seen what happend in New York first hand.I think that is the nicest way I could have said that, I doubt I offended too many people this time. Maybe I should try harder! [image]https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/images/icons/wink.gif">------------------[/image] By angel hands to valor given,Thy stars have lit the welkin dome, And all their hues were born in heaven!Forever wave that standard sheet, Where breathes the toe but falls before usWith freedom's soil beneath our feet And freedom's banner streaming o'er us!"Albert J. Beveridge

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Sorry Ray, I do think you misunderstood my point, and yes, I guess it was a bit complex. My attempts to keep it short left out most of my supporting arguements.My point was that there is more diversity WITHIN the US in terms of sex (religious right to ultra liberal left) than between the average US view and other western cultures. In a conversation between Europeans, Canadians, Austrailians, and Americans I think we've got more in common then between certain groups here in the US that aren't represented on the board.My reluctance to make a "Pro America" arguement was only in reguards to this topic of sex (which is clearly what I was talking about.) I actually resent the fact that you pulled the "World Trade Center" card in a discussion about sex with other "western" cultures. I'm pretty sure that nobody here flew any planes into any of my buildings.Perhaps you just misunderstood my original point.(Standard disclaimer: I am enjoying this mature discourse and mean to offend no one.)

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

2,905 posts

Posted:
Yep totally missunderstood your post, sorry for jumping to conclusions. [image]https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/images/icons/smile.gif">------------------[/image] By angel hands to valor given,Thy stars have lit the welkin dome, And all their hues were born in heaven!Forever wave that standard sheet, Where breathes the toe but falls before usWith freedom's soil beneath our feet And freedom's banner streaming o'er us!"Albert J. Beveridge

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
No harm, no foul. smile(March madness is comin'... gotta get in the mood.)

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Dru Lee Parsecmember
78 posts

Posted:
quote:
single, looking, and considering going the way of the cloth...but not officially. (hard to be a pagan monk. )
Ah but you could become a pagen priest. smileMerry met, merry part, merry meet again.Peace and happy times to you my friend.Some of my best friends (and dearest loved family) are pagens. Me, I'm a wanderer who's tending towards buddism.Oh yeah, The on topic sex thing. Tolerance is goodAcceptance is better

For a good Prime, call:29819592777931214269172453467810429868925511217482600306406141434158089

2,905 posts

Posted:
"Tolerance is goodAcceptance is better"I am sorry but I have to dissagree on that one. I feel that Tolerance is something that man can only hope for and Acceptance something man can only dream of. You will never be fully accepted weather it is your ideas, religion or way of life. Acceptance is only a dream.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Depends on how you define "Acceptance" no?Everything's impossible if you define it under infinitely precise definitions.Pure tolerance and acceptance are both theoretical goals. But to be more tolerant or accepting is an achievable goal.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
UPDATE............. grin grin Dating again! grin grin------------------I feel more like I do now than I did when I got here.~~~Dance as if noone is watching!~~~PLUR(RE) ---J---

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
I think that C@ntus may have started a trend with his new girlie. Everyone seems to be hooking up lately (now that Valintines day is out of everyone's head for another year).And yes, Sick Puppy has found himself a new kitten to play with too grin grin A lovely little spikey haired lass with amazing eyes and a body to die for. cool ------------------If you love something, set it on fire.[This message has been edited by SickpuPpy (edited 05 March 2002).]

Jesus helps me trick people.

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
After just checking my email I would like to retract my statment regaurding Cantus's current relationship status blushMy heart goes out to him, and should he ever find himself in Denver I will be more than happy to drown his sorrows under a river of Lager and "Car Bombs"Cheers

Jesus helps me trick people.

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Interesting viewpoint on the American approach to sexuality.In Australia we have a rather open collective-mind towards it (exceptions always exist) but we get the impression that the American media/popular culture/society (again not everyone) is still more prudish than many other western societies.What happens in private happens, but censorship seems to be more prominent in the US when compared to Aust., UK, many European countries.

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I agree Bendy, that when comparing the US to other cultures we fall into the prude category...however, when comparing the US now to a few decades ago, we have come a long way. I am also wondering, how governed by religion are these other countries? A huge part of American prudism and sexual rebellion is the impeding of religious values as social values on those who don't hold to the governing religion. History has proven the more governed by religion the country the more prudish it becomes and the more rebellious some of it's citizens tend to be.The American media has undergone quite the sexual revolution from the 60's, when popular tv husbands and wives slept in seperate beds to the 90's when NYPD Blue show a fat man's ass on tv, the debut of actually nudity on prime time television. Over the course of that time we went from popular female singers being either very feminist or very "Patsy Cline" to Debbi Gibson and Tiffani who were still pretty prude, even in their music, to Britney Spears and Christina who really push the sexual tension of this country. Sex, where it used to be kept behind closed curtains, is now used to sell everything. And while this may have been common for sometime in other countries, it is a revolution here.Possibly because you are exposed to such things young and comfortably, there is not taboo and therefore not a real rebellious stand point? Same as countries without real drinking ages don't have the drinking problems of those countries who crack down on it. However, I have met several visitors to the states who are appalled at our "underground" sex/porno scenes, which my understanding is the American Porn industry is the largest in the world (not bragging here people)...and that might just be because of our repression. Eventually America might meet up with the other more liberally minded countries, but not without a conservatist fight.Either way, times they are a-changing, as much as others wish to send them back to close curtain eras.And congrats to those who started dating again. smile And I am sorry to those who are not. frown------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Maelstrommember
135 posts

Posted:
Once again everyone has very valid points. For me, it all boils down to disease. I am happy to say that I don't have any. However at one time I had to be tested. I'm here to tell you that was some of the worst pain ever. At one piont I grabbed the doctors arm real hard and said "Doc you gotta stop!" He said "Son I'm real proud of ya, most men are scream'n by now." After pushing air into my...that air came back out the same place (you wouldn't believe the noise that makes). LOL Funny as hell to me now. But the pain of that day was enough to change my sexual habbits forever. People love sex, if you don't I'm going to have to call you a liar. Congradulations to anyone making their relationships work, what ever form they take! ------------------Nothing good ever comes from hanging out with "normal" people.

Nothing good ever comes from hanging out with normal people.

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
American culture is wierd in ever soo many ways.Ok, I am perpetually and maybe permantly single frown I've always been this way, I make friends up to wazoo but never date anybody. ------------------Ambiguous

Page: