i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
I was playing around at work tonight and figured a few things out. I don't know if these have been described before but I didn't have names for them...

I think I've seen this one called an outside-inside-outside hyperloop? Anyway, the poi enter into a regular hyperloop, only instead of the usual hand leading, the other hand swoops under and leads. Then the usual hand zips over the bottom hand and the whole thing unwraps. Adds an extra spin of the poi to the normal hyperloop. Can be done in reverse just as well.

A variation: outside-inside-outside-isolation hyperloop? I can only do this from the left side coming to the right side, poi spinning forward so I'll describe it like that. You do the above move, but as it goes to unwrap on the right side, you move your left hand around your right (Like a weave) and it adds ANOTHER 1/2 spin.

isolated-hyperloop? This adds an extra 1/2 spin onto any hyperloop. It's actually the trick used in the above move. When the poi go to unwrap, you just move the hand that is on top around in a weave sorta maneuver in time with the one on the bottom. The result should feel like you are literally spinning the whole hyperloop like a wheel. (It feels oh so nice too).

Now here's a move I've been working on too: full 360-hyperloop. The idea being (So far) that you enter from a reverse spin on the right side going to the left (The whole move is done spinning left 360 degrees). You use the above "isolated hyperloop" to continue the hyperloop spinning around you on the left side like a weave, which should then be possible to work into the entrance of a forward-hyperloop right to left on the other side of you. eek I can get about 3/4 of it before my poi seem to lose momentum (Right at the point of entering into the forward hyperloop).

And just for kicks, heres some throws I've worked out that work pretty good:

Weave reversing under the leg toss: Doing a forward weave to the side (stance used for doing continuous forward-reverse weave turns). When the poi come over to the right side, lift your right leg and let the left hand poi wrap around the thigh. At the same time, move the right hand down to about the knee, letting the poi swoop under the right leg before letting go. Now you can spin the left poi (Now going the opposite direction) in the wall plane in front of you, off to the left nicely out of the way. While your right hand reaches over and grabs the handle of the loose poi, which if you tossed it right should make a catch a direction changer. Now you have two poi swinging in the right directions, and you jsut have to reintegrate them into a weave. Think those seperation moves you can do with the weave that make the neat 6-circle patterns. Point with the elbows, it helps ubbloco

Reverse butterfly-under the leg toss-double wrap-to-weave: Ok, doing a reverse butterfly in front of you (wall plane). Lift your left leg, and let the left hand poi wrap around the KNEE (This important). Meanwhile, swoop the right hand poi under the THIGH (Yes this seems weird for where this is going, but trust me it works), and let it fly. The shot your looking to get is letting it slowly move from the inside to the outside of the other poi (Still connected to the left hand, and now reversing directions off your knee wrap). This way, you can reach your right arm forward to catch the flying poi on the other side of the left hand's poi, which should then wrap nicely around your right biceo which you just thrust out in front of it. The catch in the right hand will be a direction changer (Most catches I've figured out are actually...), and you can now move right into a weave from here. If you know the 5-beat, the hand positioning this catch puts you into is just dandy for flowing right into a flowy 5-beat. biggrin

weave-under-hand switch toss: Doing a weave... particularly a 5 beat weave though I think its possible with the 3 beat too. On the right hand side in a forwards weave, as the right hand wraps under the left to do the 5 beat, you let go. Now turn your body 90 degrees, and move the poi that is in your left hand into your right (The flying poi should swoop right over the whole operation). If you time this just right you can hand the flying poi nail the palm of your left hand and flow right back into the weave real smooth like. I've only pulled one off twice that really felt like that, but it was another one of those you'll know you got it right the moment you feel it right moves.

I have a few othersbut I havn't broken em down yet. Work was really boring tonight so I just spun all 8 hours with sock poi. So productive am I! biggrin

mosesmember
30 posts

Posted:
i'm fairly positive my brain just exploded reading all that

..::Spiral Out:Keep Going::..

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
the first half of all that has been discussed lately.. .knot coleman 5's, inner weaves, and tangeld buzzsaws (not the hyperlooping buzzsaw).. wait.. Iknow people will ask so...

tangle buzzsaw- start the buzzsaw one beat early. this causes the strings to tangle in the buzzsaw and untangle in the buzzsaw.. much as beefy described in one of the sections above (the outside inside outside hyperloop... don't know why he said that.. i never really starts or ends outside/./

the above can be isolated so the strings only appear to tanlge but never do... this is an inner weave I beleive.. don't hold me on that.. its named that because you end up doing a weave like motion through the buzzsaw...

hyperlooping buzzsaw- this is when you start a hyperloop as normal on the outside, only you let it pass through the buzzsaw without exiting... thus it goes fromoutside to inside, back to outside hyperlooped..

finally 360 hyperloops... they are possible and easy if you can do a hyperlooping buzzsaw (or any hyperloop) but the hyperlooping buzzsaw makes it easier.. just let it go an extra beat on the inside so three poi pass instead of 2.. then when it gets outside.. turn while its still tangled... and it wil cxontinue hyperlooping across.. you can even keep them going by just doing isolation like motions.. this keeps the strings from untangling while you do whatever... kinda like stalling the untangle process while still twisting..

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
Actually I think the "outside-inside-outside" hyperloop is closer to the hyperlooping buzzsaw you described. What is this tangle buzzsaw you speak of?

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
tangled buzzsaw... its an airwrap or hyperloop if you prefer.. that starts from the buzzsaw and ends in the buzzsaw (the tangling process that is)

I really wish I could explain it better, but my mind is gone at the moment.. all I can say is try to go into the buizzsaw a beat early.. for instance.. on the left side.. your left poi should come overyour right arm (which puts it in the buzzsaw) play a little with the timing.. and eventually you'll have it tangling and untangling just on the inside..

I'l try to post a decenmt description when I get my Shite together...

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
I believe I understand. Your description of the entrance makes sense, it would pull the chain over the other one. I think this basically is an outside to inside hyperloop. From your description I take it the buzzsaw actually starts just after the left poi transfers back to the right side. Then as you pull it back into the buzzsaw the poi naturally tangle and then UNTANGLE on the inside in a buzzsaw. I think this is something I've been trying to figure out... I think staying with my terms, this would be an inside-outside-inside hyperloop. Im picturing this as an exit move from a buzzsaw, not as an entrance though... the left arm would drag across the right real quick and the right would drag back under the left to unwrap (As you say) in the middle. However, while the poi are actually TANGLED they are on the outside of both arms, not in between (As with a normal hyperloop, outside-inside-outside). I believe this would also make it possible to add extra "beats" on the outside of your arms if you could get the right momentum, before returning to the inside to unwrap.

Is this the move you mean?

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
ok... when I say it tangles inside and untangles inside I meant it... I mean that the left arm goes over the right arm (thus making the left poi come under the right arm in the buzzsaw.. the tangle occurs as the right poi enters the buzzsaw.. it stays tanlge for one beat (like an airwrap) and untangles as it exits the buzzsaw out the other side..

it never tangles outside the arms likeahyperloop... if it tangels outside then it needs to stay tangled the whole way across.. and thus what I described as a hyperlooping buzzsaw...
EDITED_BY: Rev (1072736704)