PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Lately I have agreed to do a few interviews. They have been profile type things (interest, favorites, etc), training, to how I got into fire/acting/dancing/writing....Inevitably the why's come into play. No problem. And then they all ask the same questions, and truthfully I have a hard time thinking of really good answers.1. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?My first reaction is always, "Hopefully, still breathing." Then I spew off some stuff about honing and adding to my skills, still performing to a broader, maybe more international crowd, helping to further the art. I have a hard time thinking of where I want to be 5 months from now let alone 5 years!2. If you weren't doing this, what would you be doing?Wallowing. I don't know. Writing and performing are the only two things my heart was ever truly set on, every other interest fluctuated around it. To me that is like saying, if you fail what would you do? Cry?3. What does your family/friends/strangers on the street think and how do you feel about it?Eeeeek! This is a terrifying question. My family doesn't support it, my friends do. People who ask me what I do for a living think I lie, people who see it think I am nuts. And if I say that, and they print it, my insanity seems to be confirmed. How I feel about their feelings is irrelevant, since I can't change it.There were a few more, I just can't think of them.So, how would you answer them?------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
1) Touring/Gigging the World hopefully. In Italy if not.2) Errrr... Doing what? Drumming? If not drumming I'd be doing dull-arse IT work3) They're either very cool with it and want to watch and learn or they think it's me attention seeking....Good questions

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
I get interviewed too. Here's the scenario:Coworker looking at the picture of Pele firebreathing that's at my desk.That's a cool picture. Who is it?My girlfriend.No, really.Yes, really. She is a fire performer.A what?Fire breathing, like the pic. Fire eating. And fire dancing where she lights a staff on fire and spins it to music. It's really cool.*pause* Why does she do that?She's a performer and she wanted to do something that would be more exciting than normal acting.Oh my God. I'll bet you don't make her mad huh? Does she ever get hurt.*laugh* I'm not worried, I'm her safety so that'd be bad. And no, she hasn't gotten hurt from it. She researched a lot.Uh huh. Is that a fire truck she's on?Yeah, the firemen were like little kids. It was funny.Wow.So, what'd you come in here for again?Oh, uh...She asked me those questions. Here's the answers I made for her.1) In the kitchen making PWB a sammich. (Slang way to say a sandwhich.)2) In the kitchen making PWB a sammich. grinNumber three is the same as Pele's answer.------------------FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB."Those who can, do. Those who can't, critique"Pyromorph.com - Let the fire change you

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

The Welcome Mattmember
193 posts

Posted:
1. Hopefully still going to parties and enjoying life and becoming a successful researcher in the field of Psychology.2. Having the same boring college exsistence as everyone else smile3. A few of my friends think its cool. My parents think that I am twirling around a pasty-like hawiian food, and everyone else has asked me if I had joined the non-exsistent flag team or something. The majority of people I know aren't really into.. but I still love it. I'm glad my friend showed me the HOP site------------------I dreamt that I ate a 10 pound marshmellow and then when I woke up, my pillow was gone!

I dreamt that I ate a 10 pound marshmellow and then when I woke up, my pillow was gone!

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
1. Planning a wonderful 5 year anniversary for my wife ()2. Unicycling, or making balloon animals or going home to the fiance...3. Depends who they are and how hard i make it look. most think it's cool, though my fiance worries a lot (she's cute when she worries)...(Ok, so i've got a certain someone on my mind a lot grin grin grin grin )------------------Charles (AKA INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggle.co.nz/fire/fire.html

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

CarreySILVER Member
180 posts

Posted:
1. Happily married and pregnant with my first child...is that a bit weird?2. Life would tick along as it does I guess...but with none of the excitement I've come to love and thrive on. I would have to find something else as exciting to keep me busy, but I can't think of anything more inspiring and humbling as fire, can you?3. My father wants me to perform at his wedding on Stradbroke Island, in Australia in January, so I guess he's into it, even if he's never actually seen me do it. Friends other than Poi people think I'm a bit mad, but I like to be viewed as eccentric anyway, so not too bad. Most strangers are a bit awed usually and that's why we do it, isn't it?

galmember
6 posts

Posted:
Here it goes..my second post!!1. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?Now lets see...very well mentioned Pele, but in my case though I am not sure what I'll be doing a week from now...In 5 years hopefully will be doing something exciting. Definitely still do poi, juggle and dance..!!2. If you weren't doing this, what would you be doing?Doing more work for my uni course (which I should be doing anyway..damn I get sick of all the reports I have to write) 3. What does your family/friends/strangers on the street think and how do you feel about it?parents don't know..should I tell them??? ;-)my friends and strangers think it's cool..fair enough!!Vas