Forums > Social Chat > Burning the Candle....

Login/Join to Participate

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
...at both ends.It seems to be one of those sayings that seems almost inane, until you realize that you are doing it yourself. I am wretched about it. I have so many ideas and begin so many projects that I am constantly shifting between one and the other and sometimes forget where I am. I also tend to not manage my time too well, lose sleep and then there will come a day when I crash and sleep for insane amounts of time, feeling guilty when I wake up to have lost so much precious work and play time.I will say here, this only applies to things I enjoy doing. I am the queen procrastinator when it comes to household chores and such. My theory being, my idea might flutter away or it might rain tomorrow so better work on that routine/story/whatever or go out and play today, the laundry will still be there to fold tomorrow (Hence the rather large pile of clean laundry sitting in my room! blush)So, how do you work time management? How do you find balance for all those things you love to do? How do you prioritize, if you do?Or do you really care about all that? Do you just let go and live by the seat of your pants? smile------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

TomSILVER Member
135 posts

Posted:
Well, whenever I have an assignment to do for uni, the time I spend on HoP increases..Strange that..back to my essay then,Tom

The Welcome Mattmember
193 posts

Posted:
I'm an RA here at SNHU in NH. I can totally relate to you... I am exactly the same way. Last night for example, I was up until 3 O'clock writing a paper for my economics course. I've known about the paper since the beginning of the semester, but yet I put it off until the last possible second. However, on occasion I do actually make myself sit down and make a list of everything I have to even if it is a very little minor thing like take a shower or something. You know that you are going to do it anyway, so you can have something to cross off your list. I also make myself keep a monthly planner.. whether it gets filled out perfectly every month is a totally different story but I try to keep all of my meetings and stuff in there just so that I don't forget. I think that there should be at least 48 hours in a single day instead of 24.. that way managing time would be so much easier...Good luck!Matt smile------------------I dreamt that I ate a 10 pound marshmellow and then when I woke up, my pillow was gone!

I dreamt that I ate a 10 pound marshmellow and then when I woke up, my pillow was gone!

shizN0Tmember
184 posts

Posted:
Interesting idea... managing time...*write the idea on back of hand*now back to work!

I smell something burning.

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
I've often said if I didn't procrastinate, I wouldn't get anything done at all wink

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Candles? confusedDon't they have electricity in Batavia?

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut