Gruffmember
106 posts

Posted:
Did any of you see the closing ceremony last night?They did this UV staff routine on the ice which then merged to become moveable stick men style puppets, followed by a uv paint fight!Great to see that staffing did make it into the olympics and the world stage!Gruff

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
The mayor of Italy tried to do some flag twirling too wink /and/ the Italian National Flag team got me to drop my burger at the Bowlweval I was eatin' at last night tongue .It was a long ceremony but it's the first I ever saw. (It got to the point where I just wanted the Flame to be extinguished so I could get out of the place). Kinudin

Dru Lee Parsecmember
78 posts

Posted:
I'm pretty sure that the versionI saw was edited such that we were in commercials during the staff work. I came back from a commercial to see the UV paint fight.Or did I just flip channels and miss the staff twirling? I did see the flag twirling and that was awesome!!BTW, Kinudin, Was that you I met in the park yesterday? I was at a chess tournament and walked over to Laurel & 6th to see who it was that was twirling Poi. I met 2 guys named K... (I've forgotten his name) and Steve. Was K you?Oh, and Cristina Aguilerra's (sp?) outfit was pretty amazing as well.

For a good Prime, call:29819592777931214269172453467810429868925511217482600306406141434158089

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
I must agree that the flag twirling was siiick. I didnt see the whole bit tho - was the flagger always holding it with both hands?? I guess a wrap would have taken someone's eye out!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
No... I don't goto public places to twirl just yet. And if we met in person I'd tell you my real name wink (Going by Nicknames in person just gets confuzzling)