bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
so.

PoiPoiPoi's thread thread got me thinking a bit about hyperloop throws and catches which i've been ignoring since the summer(uk), an i went out for a play to see if
a: i could still do them
b: they were all doable with single end socks(no knot, no second ball, just juggling ball and sock...)

and this is what came out of a quick play, other than basic hyperloop releases and basic catches, which are just a case of keeping our eye on the catching end:

bounce hyperloops.

make sure your juggling ball is a bounce ball, mine aren't spectacularly so, but enough...

let the poi go as if you were just doing a normal throw, let the head bounce off the floor, and trap it with the other end....
as in, flick the poi in your hand just below the head of the bouncing one and it should pick it up enough for you to catch the other handle-end

got a few of the other hyperloop catches which make me think that you must be able to catch a poi anywhere with the other poi, in the same way you can a diabolo....hmmm.

off to try bounce hyperloop catches off the head..

hehe
ubbangel
love
R

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
I experimented with catching them out of the air that way and also colliding two thrown poi in mid air to make them airwrap or hyperloop, both seemed really challenging and chaotic and I figured it would take me a hideiously long amount of time to become proficient at it so I gave up within 10 minutes and worked on other things.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
yep, i think this is one of those cases where you leave something for a while and when you try it again it's like you've osmosed it or something, cause thats exactly what i said six months ago when i first played around with them....

smile

Holistic Spinner (I hope)