Forums > Social Chat > After Reconstructive Surgery....

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
well if your wondering what this is about and havnt all ready read my other thread then please read that before reading this one.

[Old link]

Well yesterday i woke up for the last morning with flesh tunnels, the last time i had to put them in after sleeping, the last day people will stare at me because of because i have guaged ears.
Well we got up around 7am to get ready for breakfast and to head out to catch the tube toLondon Bridge from Victoria.
We changed tubes and got on a Northern line train, well it was extremly packed when we got on, and i could see all these buisness folk in suits taking a peak.
I had been feeling very emptional all morning thinking shall i sharn't i?..... but i got to the hospital of London Bridge and checked in. I was early by 45mins, but i had some forms to fill in and a registration form too.
Well 9.30am my surgeon Mr Inglefield (plast) arrived and took me straight into the small opps room, i filled out another form for consent and we had a talk through exactly what was going to happen, then he got on with his job while i just lay there.
He marked out when he needed to cut and to leave me enough to make another ear lobe, he gave me 3 injections of Xylocaine which is a local anesthetic into each ear lobe, it was kind of a sharp sensation but it worked really fast, the nurse had every thing ready on the trolley that he had asked for to proceed with the surgery.
Well I didnt feel a thing during the whole opp which was nice, though I wouldn't have minded just feeling one of them to see what it would have felt like without the anesthetic.
The only thing i could feel during the whole opp was a little pulling while he was scalpulling off the lobes and putting in the god knows how many stitches in to repair and reshape my new ear lobes, there was a weird sensation when they were being cauterized to stop some of the blood.
Once both ear lobes were finished I was shown my new ears with a mirror, i was taken back a little with shock, a vision of a mass of stitches holding my new lobes together. The shape looked nice but not my ear lobes the first look of a new extreme modification, i was happy with them, i knew it would take me some time to be able to readjust to my new look, i know some of you will be thinking but its a small change, not emotionally it isn't, i still even now wriing this feel very confused and full of emotion.
Well i got them taped up and some after care forms to read and was told some things that i need to do if some thing happens like a trickle of blood, so i walked out of the room to an awaiting nancy, she was took back, it felt like she hardly recognised me, she loved the new look , we had a quick chat and headed out for some retail therapy in Camden for an hour.
As we got out side of the hospital, it was strange, we were both looking around for people looking at me but it wasn't happening, even on the tube to Camden no one was looking, except on guy who told me my right lobe was trickling a little down neck line.
Arriving at camden was strange, we headed straight to coldsteel piercing studio, and they gave me some medi wipes to clean my neck and had a chat with them about my opp, we talked about so many things about being accepted in a community and they have found even in Camden they get [censored] for looking different, i totally didn't expect to hear that. It was nice ot chat with them and get their views and to be told someon that they new had had their tunnels removed.
Even Martin in Oddballs was trying to figure what was different with me, was funny to see his second glance.
Well the afternoon passed and we caught our train back home.
I was feelingbattered and bruisew and swollen, but i felt good about myself, i went into work and every one was so taken back it was nice, we had dinner and collected Matt our nephew and he was touching his earlobes and asked me where my ears had gone, he is nearly 3 years old and this touched me more than any thing else in my life, he still knew it was me but i was such a nice thing.

Well today i am going to venture out and see if people notice, and best of all it is Cristmas day today as my parents are coming to visit us before they fly out to australia for 4 weeks over christmas, i wonder what my moms going to say when she sees me?

I will get some photo's done and i will edit this post when i have them so i can put a before and after picture for you all to see.

well feeling confussed and anxious i am going to leave you and write more later.

thanks for every ones support on the other thread, it was touching.

brainstormaBRONZE Member
old hand
1,184 posts

Posted:
it takes a strog wil to live and aulternate life

and even stronger to have to alture that back to what is deamed normal so that you can furtehr your life gouls

you have my total respect pk and here's to a speedy full recovery

love and light
blair

ps i found the pick i had of you in the april 2001 mixmag with all your peircings in
eek
if you never saw it i'll scan it for you and send you a copy

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, and screaming "WOO-HOO What a ride!"

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
i have it scanned in on my computer mate, thanks though.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
well it has been alomost a year since i went through such a life changing situation.

i dont regret what i have done for one moment over the years but i most certainly dont regret getting my lobes removed.

to me this is an import thing, having gone through so many situations of trying to get a job but not being socially accepted by society i havnt had a regret and right now i am in a secure career with very good prospects, more than i had imagined i would have in less than a year.

we all go through changes, changes in apearance, clothin tastes, musical influences... things and people come and go but we will never forget.

Some times i find it hard to take the way people react to me when they meet me for the first time now that i have moved, no one here accept for cath and karl have ever seen me with my tunnels, but then i see it as people are seeing me and not my ears, they were a little big, but i loved them for the duration that they were apart of me, it still is a talking point in my life to see what and whom i have become to this day from experiencing those situations i bought on my self by looking that way.

well from reading back on what i origionally wrote last year, things certainly have changed in my life and for a reason of doing this for nat aswell as the other reasons, i regret that i let my self be pursuaded by her in any way, but then i can not change that, with out that event in time happening i wouldnt be here right now and feeling this happy.

i know i have gone through a lot this past year and many of you may be looking and thinking but who is PK, well i missed hop this past year and i have taken the time to sit and read many things i have missed out on while suffering a shitty life with nancy but that is over.

If people wish to get to know me then i have taken much time and prepared an intro [Old link] .

Thing thats i have written about in my intro, will maybe shed some light to people that do and dont know me and why i did certain things like this in my life and how i percieve them and do things the way i do them now, so i hope many of you will take the time to read about me, i dont keep secrets any more, i am trying to live a free and happy life as i can right now and maybe find that one true love that wont hurt me in the ways i have been hurt, and put me through situations such as this.

thank you.
hug

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
i forgot one thing, it is only recent that i have stopped going to put my tunnels in in the morning! lol

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
glad to hear your decision worked out well for you! hug

I hate that we can't fully express ourselves without handycapping ourselves socially, but that's just the way things are, and you eventually have to decide what is more important to your own person.

beerchug

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
Hey, having only been on here for a few months and just reading this for the first time I'd just like to say how much respect I have for someone who takes such a brave and life-altering desicion. I'm very glad it was a catylist towards happier times for you.

I don't know you at all beyond the fact your replies to moves advice threads from years back has been very helpful in making me the spinner I am today, which I thank you for! I will read your intro very soon, but not before I've finished my essay.. But I'll read it with great interest when I do.

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
thanks NAG, havm't been here for some time, kinda enjoying being back but i doubt i will post much in the tech threads any more.

be kewl.

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
Everytime I think of stretching my ears more, I stop and think long and hard about this thread. Must say, haven't continued stretching them yet (Only a 2g, nothing big, but might go to 0g).

I think it is a sad thing when something like this causes such problems in life. Makes me want to scream at people, they're ears, my ears, why should this bother you?! But it is, and does. *sigh*

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
too true darling!

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
And for now, the stares are *great*, when I get bored in class, and start putting pens through my ears. The wide-eyed wtf, gross! Look. biggrin Makes me laugh everytime!!

The only problem is that plugs smell like A$$! ubblol

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
Oh man, don't, stuff you put in your ears stinks, doesn't it? It's [censored] disgusting, ha ha!

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

Page: