nomadBRONZE Member
retired
356 posts

Posted:
I'm sure some people here have experienced Poi in altered states of consciousness. Did that generate any good spinning sessions? Any bad experiences (especially with fire)?

ffirebellGOLD Member
44 posts

Posted:
Hey Nomad, there was a discussion about spinning in altered states a few weeks ago, I believe you'll be able to access it somehow. My experience... I've twirled in altered and unaltered states, must say I'm more coordinated in an unaltered state, so thats my preference now. Being altered definitly can be "trippy" to say the least... Happy Swingin`! Be Safe!!! Fairie firebell

Fairie's wear boots.

Jessemember
118 posts

Posted:
Nomad: Here is a link to the previously mentioned thread...https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000107.htmlI think there were something like 32 comments posted...

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
breakdown;majority of ppl replying had experience with twirling under the influence, most prefered to do it straight. I think it was virtually unanimous that ppl prefered to practice straight, although a few (at least one person I can think of) like to engage in a little mary jane when devising new moves.Someone said something about LSD for contact juggling.so there you go.Josh

smittymember
104 posts

Posted:
i think it might bring out a creative side, and try things that u normaly wouldnt. but ur actualy twirling might not be as good, but the idea generated might be "out of the ordanery" and lead to some awsome tricks. but when playing with fire its would be alot more dangerous.basicaly way up the pro's n con's.mabey practive unlit under the influence,but when lighting up, be stairght. thats just my opion

nomadBRONZE Member
retired
356 posts

Posted:
Thanks guys. I checked out that link and it's pretty interesting. I guess smitty's advice is good: no altered state for fire, but a little chemical buzz does help to loosen up and be more daring/creative with unlit Poi.I don't have a lot of experience with fire but i think it's probably the best high when you become good enough to do it comfortably.