Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > behind the back reverse weave and turn.. a myth??

Login/Join to Participate

joulzenlightened
187 posts

Posted:
haha i've been here for awhile now and i've been spinning for about a year... i can do.. preety much all i can conceivably imagine to do.. or at least i can conceive a way to do it... in the move list for poi.. it shows a video of a guy doing a behind the bback reverse weave and turn.... i'm just not getting what he's doing. thee video is bad.... explain?

it must be green

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
I've just started learning this one, and when it works it still feels kinda awkward.
Do a search for 'btb weave turns'. There's a bit of stuff there which may be of some help.
Good luck with it. smile

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
Tis not a myth

Click Here

m ubbrollsmile

Spherculism ~:~ The Act of becoming Spherculish.

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
Not a myth. Not even that hard once you get the hang of it.

One thing you need to understand is that there are 4 weave-turns, each of which needs to be treated as a separate move (for learning purposes, anyhow). One each depending on whether you start from a fwd or rvs weave, turning left or turning right. So pick one and drill that. Watch what happens when you do an in-front weave, and try to pick the same moment to go into your turn with the btb weave. Try not to force your movements, and experiment with different moments to go into the turn.

It'll take a while, but as with any other move, sooner or later your muscles will figure it out for you, after you've bashed yourself silly.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

joulzenlightened
187 posts

Posted:
hahah:) thnx. what i've tried doing is from the behind the back weave, turn right and bend over a bit to let them swing both to my left, but then i just dont understand what to do. is it the same concept as the 5bw? ( almost twisting your wrists till the ybreak or tangle and and then switch tot he other side and let them unravel to then start over? lol
i think i'm confusing...

it must be green

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
I agree with what adamrice says about there being different sorts. I looked on the link from poipoipoi, and it looks different to what i do.

Once I had learned btb weave in both directions, I just tried adding in a turn the same as you would for normal 3 beat weave. When both poi are on my right hand side, i spin my body round (quickly) anticlockwise, to go into reverse weave.

I guess its just figuring it out in your brain, and finding what works best for you. I still hit myself quite a lot! ubblol

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
yea dude, its a real tricky 1... but super fun when u finally nail it. It gets real hard when you start to confuse 5bt btb weaves with 4bt btb weaves as it totally reverses the poi direction and limit's the movements of your arms. There are afew little tricks to help but id say just do btb rev weave, 4bt is best, and then keep trying to turn around, maybee your right hand side, and stop and think about what you are doing and what is really working, cause its easy to do it wrong and get stuck doing that.

Alot of patience is required, and pratice, but if you spend a little time doing it often and dont worry about getting it to badly, eventually it will come.

joulzenlightened
187 posts

Posted:
hahah thats really chilling i'm liking these posts so many ppl answer my questions lol its great. ubblol but is i'm jsut wondering one last thing. when the actualy reverse is done, should the poi still be behind my back or would it end up beeing in frotn of me liek a normal 3bw or reverse 3bw

it must be green

MillenniuMPLATINUM Member
Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
In back or in front, whatever... a standard BTB weave turn around would stay behind your back, you could do a little variation and bring it in front if you wish.

joulzenlightened
187 posts

Posted:
haha pok all good:)) btrw do u know how to post pics on this site like u knwo at the furt page?

it must be green