TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
Freaky Freestylin'

Spherculism ~:~ The Act of becoming Spherculish.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
are they downloadable?

twas great meeting you at synergy dude..

your not too bad at this poi malarky...

you got some good s*it.

sod it.. your better than me biggrin

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
They are Links to Flash files,

and thanks, but it's all relative.

Good to meet you too, you got the moves smile

m

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
is it possible to download a copy...cos when im at uni i dont have internet access...

so the orignal file would let me see it when i wanted to.

MillenniuMPLATINUM Member
Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
I'm constantly trying to emulate and learn from spinners, thinking about their style and trying to incorperate their moves in to my routine and become better through this exploration process. You're way up there in the spinners that influence me right now, specifically in hyperloops and throws, and I'm extremely thankful you put these links up... I made a pair of sock poi and have learned quite a few things just for studying your freestyles moves. If anything you showed me that poi is not as static as many people believe; you can be artful and fluid with the most unorthadox of skills. Thanks so much beerchug

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
Millennium: Thank you soo much. I've been putting so much effort into this spherculism stuff. I've been super busy at work and then staying on till Late each night, editing clips, fixing php, and fannying about with flash. I've had hardly any time to actually Spin Poi and it is fabulous to hear that you have learned something from all this.

Sock poi are really nice to use. They can be a bit sloppy, and some poiple think they are too 'forgiving' ~ cheating even smile Probably the same people who think fire is more important than skill

One of my favourite things to do at teh mo' is link together throws and hyperloops. There are 2 Links on spherculism called 'Neat Trick' and 'kcirT taeN' [Neat Trick Backwards] Check 'em out if you ain't already ubbtickled

Take it easy,

m

Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
Yeah, I saw them, my left hand throws are unusually terrible, I can't do any consistant throws with it save for a simple reverse weave toss and catch. I'll work on my left handed stuff, then attempt Neat Trick and the lot smile

By the way, a trick you probably already do but is quite fun: Do a regular fountain, and as you're coming from the left side of your body to your right, halfway between weave and reverse weave there is a beat in there somewhere which quite perfectly enables you to do a regular old hyperloop which you would finish by bringing to the right side of your body and unwinding it. Instead of unwinding it over there, start your loop, and pull it a bit closer to your chest, stick out your elbows, and do a double forearm wrap (Left arm = poi wraps under, Right arm = poi wraps over) and let 'em unwind the way they came. When you do your hyperloop, they should wrap on each other very close to your hands to get you enough poi left over to do the forearm wraps.

I hope you understood that... cool thing is, you can do that, and then do the exact same thing in the other direction without any beats in the middle. If you don't understand, let me know, I'll make a quick vid after school and what not.

PS: It can also be done the exact same way but wrapping on your wrists instead of your forearms. I'm still working on a leg wrap variation, at the moment I have to lift up my left leg and it looks extremely ugly.
EDITED_BY: MillenniuM (1071765244)

Le Skunkmember
84 posts

Posted:
B@d@ss indeed!!!

that is some wicked shiza...

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
Hey Millennium:

I do a double hyperloop wrap that sounds similar. You know when you do a 2 beat Hyperloop, one where you enter it and exit it without pulling it across your body.

You can stick your wrists in there after the tangle, and reverse spin them out of it, think I picked it up off Coleman

I can do the same thing but wrapping 1 wrist and 1 leg ~ bit sloppy though.

I have never fully explored that space inbetween your arms, buzzsaw style. But i'm beginning to realise how useful that space can be.

I'll definitely be practicing that double wrap you suggested beerchug

m

Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
Nor have I, buzzsaws scare me ubblol

joulzenlightened
187 posts

Posted:
hey dude!! when i posted the sht about the behind thwe back reverse weave and turn y dindt u give me the link to yoru website
your vid is the best thing i could aks for

it must be green