Page:
christofBRONZE Member
53 posts

Posted:
want to try and sort something out for portsmouth on a regualr basis, anyone local to the south coast that would be interested?

You only see what you are shown

Narr(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
2,568 posts

Posted:
you can count me in ..when im back that is biggrin

iknow a few ppl who might come along too biggrin

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

christofBRONZE Member
53 posts

Posted:
was kinda counting on you to be there, just thought id try and bump up the numbers. anyone else?

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
i could come and bring a car load!! when and were, not a tuesdau cause thats bournemouth spinning night!! come to our one, two weeks time!! its going to be huge!!

passing through, this world still lives.

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
spanner do u drive? when shall we meet. some set a date....not the weekend of joes house party though cause were going to kent!

MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
I ws hoping someone was going to start something soon! I'm not going to be around until august (maybe), but after that, I'll be there! Have you tried putting a notice up in Avalon? They might be able to help with getting people interested.

J

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
you guys have to come to bournemouth on a tuesday night....surely one of u could drive down and join us!?

christofBRONZE Member
53 posts

Posted:
yay ppl have replied. i can drive, but dont have my car in portsmouth when im at uni. damn lack of parking plus its too much hassle. o and unless ur spinning till like 3am theres no point as i have lacrosse training on tuesday eves. completely forgot about avalon, spoke to the random dude in hedonic who said i could put flyers up, plus he'd pass on my number to one of the guys who used to meet up with the last lot of spinners - but no call as of yet.
slowly but surely it looks like it could happen, need to hassle ppl at uni now seen the odd spinner/juggler about.

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
stranger things have happened! we were on bournemouth park, right in the middle of the highstreet and about 10 yeards from the big balloon at 3 am last tuesday!!

we had two random computer geeks that were there, and a car full of hottieS! poor us!

sooo yeah we spin till 3 or later!! no excuseS!

frodo out!

christofBRONZE Member
53 posts

Posted:
wicked, well as soon as i get to know some of the local spinners then im sure we can make a trip out of it.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Pompey spinning sounds sweeet count me in!! biggrin biggrin biggrin

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
good good good.!!

MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
Any word on the old group of spinners? It would be interesting to know who's still around.

J

christofBRONZE Member
53 posts

Posted:
nope, didnt know any of them. did u spin with them? the guy who runs hedonic said hed pass my number to one of the guys he knew next time he saw him but no word from him yet.

MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
Used to, before we lost use of the workshop last october mad. Haven't seen anyone of them since, kept meaning to start up a fire night but never quite got around to it. There were some pretty good spinners there - Chad and Dyllan in particular. I don't know if they would still be around, tho.

J

DizMr Dizzy....
154 posts

Posted:
Christof,

Jim the guy who owns Hedonic is a mate of mine and was probably going to pass it to onother friend who lives in Pompi, Chris, he's funnily enough coming up to London this weekend, but he's not on HOP so if you PM me your details i'll pass them to him for you, if you still want to sort something out.

Myself and Alienfox are down in Pompy at least once a month(normally London based) and some times the lovely BamBam and Hels Bells join us as well. It would be great to meet up at some point for a spin in Old Portsmouth or Portchester Castle.

You to Frodo......

D
ubbloco

"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong."
A Fortune Cookie

christofBRONZE Member
53 posts

Posted:
*bump* just checking if people are still up for this? nothing set for a regular basis but wondered about a meet some time next week for a lil afternoon spin, specially if its a sunny day like today? thinking maybe weds or thurs, do most people have commitments during the day work etc?

DizMr Dizzy....
154 posts

Posted:
Ello, wave I spoke with Chris a couple of days ago and he said he was going to call you. Has he yet?

I'm also gonna be down with Alienfox, Saturday week (07/02) if your around and fancy a spin on the Sunday somewhere. weavesmiley

D

A Fortune Cookie

christofBRONZE Member
53 posts

Posted:
hey no call as of yet, not sure if im about on the 8th, talk of going to london for a gig. how often are u in ports?

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
i fancy that.. wednesdays are good. as are sundays!! diz, you should come to bournemouth. last week (tuesday just gone) had thirty people spinning in bournemouth park,!!

yeah

christofBRONZE Member
53 posts

Posted:
30?! nice,wish i had my car down so i could make the trip atfer training. still havent sorted myself our with some fire poi yet, hence the afternoon idea just to get back into the swing of things (no pun intended) just havent been spinning anywhere near as much as id like to be.

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
i spin two hours a day.. i have a couple of sets of practice poi, fire poi, and now a staff, the double staffs that i have made are awating kevlar!!

i met some spinners from pompey the other day, they seemed nice, u could catch a lift with them, if they decided to come to bournemouth for a tuesday night...

30 from bournemouth, i know of a further 15 at least that spin in soton! and if i could get them to come to bournemouth on a tuesday night then we would be "on fire", i have tried for months to get people there, and then suddenly we meet people who spin, and they all come togther!!

a spin on a wednesday would be cool, i just have to get some wonga and ill be down man...

frodo out!

christofBRONZE Member
53 posts

Posted:
this weds?

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
could do!? spanner?! fancy a lift?

christofBRONZE Member
53 posts

Posted:
someone mentioned some guys from portsmouth that made it down to meet at bourn last week, any chance of getting them along/in contact with them? the only ppl i know that spin are the guys/girls from here. spoke to the odd person ive seen spin here but cant get in contact with them so its not much of a crowd

DizMr Dizzy....
154 posts

Posted:
Quote:

how often are u in ports?

No worries i'll chase him again. Usually the first weekend of every month.

D
biggrin

A Fortune Cookie

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
people. people....

people who live in the south please go to..

https://www.soton-firespinning.co.uk./index.php

and register!!

Frodo Out!!

MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
Any progress?

J

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
well there has been a little discussion on the other site that i mentioned above...

but as of yet no meets that i know off, although i am in bournemouth!!

yeah the guys that i met came to a friends party, i will try and get hold of there details, and pass them on to yah!!

Im moving to ryde IOW for three months very soon, so i can just fast cat it over to see you people, anyone get me a discount???

smile

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Hey Christof

If its small crowds you got a problem wiv - we have a small group of troops that will gladley come down and have a play - as Pompey is just down the road!

2 small groups make 1 big group biggrin

Let us know what ya planning here or SFS.

OW - long time no see mate - hope travels are going well biggrin Good journeys beerchug

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Page: