fireboyAn angry young man with a passon for metal
252 posts

Posted:
Well you are probably thinking fuckwits when it comes to churches that act like cult groups.There is one in wagga wagga and they are nothing but a bunch of paracites.I have nothing against christian (EXCEPT SOME). concidering that my MUM is a christian and i am not which means nothing to me.part from the fact I'll get back to the story.Picture this a church that reaps money.good scam most churches do. but this one doesn't send money off to places like india for bibles and stuff like that.it dosn't even provide for a commuity in needThese bunch of EVIL BLOODSUCKING PARASITIC SCUM CALLS THEMSELFS CHRISTIANS.They have spent moer money on unneciary thing like technology (a huge set up) and use it to make unnecairy things like overhead projections of the people singing and dancing.(duh they can see them any way there right in front of them.)they have spent a rediculas amount of money on CINEMA CHAIRS.700 to be exact which cost alot of money (they could of saved alot more people in Africa who are starving to death with that money instead of having a stupid cinema chairs.)DID I MENTIONS THE MAJORITY ARE SICK PEOPLE.for example one of the people whom go's to the chruch was draged out of a pub by two or three other church people and got the shit beated out of him FOR HAVING ONE LOUSY DRInK OF BEER!!!!!!Stupid huh.another example MY BROTHER (whom doesn't go there any more because they used him).THEY only wanted the poor buger to bring in his DIGITAL camera in his own spare time sick as a dog or not, and film them, singing and dancing.he wasn't paid plus he is in a wheelchair.Prity low huh.and last exaple me.they wanted to use my tallent and I told them to fuck off. THEY LIE, CHEAT and BACKSTAB people Like they ahve done to some of my friends (who feel cheated and abused) (hay i could come up with more cases of the church's selfish neglect but i think there are leagal issues involved(some storys don't want to be told!!!!!)).fireboy(there is some thing wrong in wagga)

Fireboy

<<SINister miNISister>>
remeber kids jesus slaves

robingreenshoesmember
32 posts

Posted:
Lots of swearing here potty-mouth. I think you should got straight to church and say 10 Hail MarysIf threads get shut down for swearing then 'point'.If they get shut down for blasphemy then 'point'If they get shut down for bad spelling then 'point'If they get shut down for capital letters in the middle of sentances the 'point'I'm sorry fireboy, I don't agree with many aspects of religion as well but on the whole I there is not much point in getting worked up about it. Religion in all it's forms has been around longer than any form of govorning and will be around for a very long time to come. And to be fair chrisitanity and christians have done a lot of good as well. My vilage community of Lingfield revolves around the church and I see the local church doing lots of good things every day.Rob

robingreenshoesmember
32 posts

Posted:
Here's a few smiles to show my good will smile smile smile smile smile

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Dude, Fireboy... that really sucks man. There are things that you can do to close this "church" down. Also, this is what I would do, you can beat them at their own game use the bible to show them that they have gone astray. Who knows maybe you can even help some people out.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
They have those everywhere. If Pele sees this she'll tell you about a church in her area. rolleyesYou could try to keep your family from attending, but chances are they won't see anything wrong with their church. They don't want to. It's where they go for "spiritual enlightenment" and don't want to be broken from that. Even if the church breaks them. Strane but true.As for this thread being closed for any of the mentioned reasons, I doubt it. Closing for swearing, only if it's done at a person maliciously. Blasphemy, we're an open board religion wise here. Bad spelling, they'd all be shut down and he's not using raver speak or similar. Caps are used for screaming, here they're used for emphasis as they're intended.------------------FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB."Those who can, do. Those who can't, critique"Pyromorph.com - Let the fire change you

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

shizN0Tmember
184 posts

Posted:
I would like to start with robingreenshoes that was pretty rude. Its one thing to call a point, but to sit there and tear his post to shreds like that is just wrong. As for church, things like this are a great shame. My father-in-law is an athiest(sp) because as a child he was forced to go to a church like that. his sees all Christains as the same. all like the church you mention. Its sad really, to have the resources to do good things, and instead just take advantage.

I smell something burning.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
ShizNot is right, there was a bloody offensive post - but it wasn't yours, Fireboy!Well, a good example for the fastest way to ruin for that cult-church is unfolding right now."Organised religion is for the easily led and weak-minded"-K. Cobain

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Mr Greenshoes. If you were a child I might overlook your nasty outburst but you're 21. So I feel moved to ask you to, firstly, apologise for the harshness of your post. And, secondly ask you to reread the original post and check your comments accordingly. Fireboy isn't dissing religion. He is saying that a church in his community is bad. Granted his points aren't well argued and, in some circumstances seem a little biased, but it is obviously something he feels strongly about. Strongly enough for him to wish to share his concerns with his peers. Try and read things carefully before jumping on your high horse in future. It's very easy to misconstrue things on here - I've done it myself in the past - you don't always notice the intended message in people's posts. Also, I don't think you can compare your local CofE (or whatever) church with one in the wilds of Australia. It's a different place/people/environment.Before you go defending all christianity with good experiences you've had in your village you should perhaps think upon the fact that there are Christians in the Middle East (and all across the globe)that use automatic weapons in the name of religion. Just because they're christians they aren't necessarily good people.And when it comes to spelling all I can say is people in glass houses....

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Oh and there isn't a single blasphemous statement in his whole post.

Meh

fireboyAn angry young man with a passon for metal
252 posts

Posted:
HI Again,anyway this church is evil.I agree with the Kurt Cobain saying (part from the fact in a NIRVANA fan).MRGREENSHOE'S are you catholic.Because hail marys are not apart of the christian religion, mainly catholic religion.No offence to those who took it offenseivebut if you saw the damage done to your family and friends what would you do?thats right be very very pissed off.like i am.fireboy (more to come on the church)

Fireboy

<<SINister miNISister>>
remeber kids jesus slaves

Firefairymember
115 posts

Posted:
Things done in the name of religion can be very nasty, people have forgotton about love, which is the heart of religion.It must be awful for you, fireboy, to have loved ones burnt by it but you also have to ask yourself why people are attracted to this sort of intense church in the 1st place. Usually there is a personal search going on for something that is missing. Each individual has to learn to find that within themselves, not by outside forces. If they come through it its an education, a lesson on the path of balance.Some are trapped by thes weird 'sect' sect religions, others by orthodox religion. Yeer its fucked but we all have a personal choice.[This message has been edited by Firefairy (edited 23 February 2002).]

SorchaTheFlamingmember
235 posts

Posted:
my adivse would be dont go to that church..heres a story thats incredibly similar but different religion.my family is wiccan/pagan here was a place here opening a wiccan/pagan centerr for people to hold there gatherings etc. compleate with hot tub etc. very cool idea.they asked me to use my poi-ish talents on their grand opening so i did. had a good time.. i had a bvad feeling though..a week later the place turned into a youth "hang out" for christains. i found this out cause iwe nt to meet some friends there and they wouldnt let me in as i was wearing a pentacle.. now months later i read int he paper the guyt hat ran it.. cahnges it around etc. was facing sex charges for abusing 12 year old boys..i also find out that the guy was the provinces KKK wizard.. *pukes*i felt so gross and dirty that i even went in there as i dont belive that white supremisits bull..... stuff. so as well as taking peoples money he was leading tehm to belive they were in this "club" for that they belived in .... but in stead they were in a club secretly promoting what they didnt belive in..and i had a bad feeling fromt eh start.. so i didnt join... and im soooo glad

Teach tolerance, not competition.
Send food, not bombs.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I would take a guess that Robingreenshoes is not a Catholic. But is in fact Church of England (a church for people who think that they'd best pray and sing just in case there turns out to be a God after all wink).

Meh

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
fireboy, just to let you know...Catholics are Christians. Christian is a catch all term to describe the religions of those who believe in Christ as Lord. Just to let you know. Other than that, I have no problem with your post.I will say that I think you are getting worked up about it more than you need to, especially if people are getting out of the church, that is good. Other than that, there is very little you can do. People who feel no faith in themselves and lost in the world often turn to places like this to provide it for them. It is a choice they make and if it does them good, then it is their choice.There is a cult-watch list that you can look for online to see if the church is on it.Unfortunately, I can relate all too well. My sister's church has been in the top 5 of the cult watch list since it's inception in the 40's. When I first had my son I stayed with my sister and her family and one of the stipulations was that I had to go her church with her. It really is amazing how it works. The repeated singing and swaying will actually put people into a psuedo-hypnotic state. When the preacher gets up to the podium and starts the yelling/screaming service he does, the congregation is more apt to really take what he says to heart, much like a hypnotic suggestion. They go to church for services 3 days a week, 2 times on Sunday. The women aren't supposed to have short hair or wear "male fashioned clothes". The man rules the house..tralalala... The church also offers activities every single day of the week, so the people of the congregation are extremely reliant on one another instead of friends outside the church. They have branches of this church which dance with poisonous snakes without antivenom nearby, if you get bit and are worthy, faith will save you. They also are ones who do the hands on healing.They have horrible recruitment policies as well, which nearly tore my family to shreds. In addition, once you have become "born again", you are to provide an annual income statement to the church so that they know you have given at least 10% of your annual income to them. They have no community open programs. They have a soup kitchen but you have to attend sermons to get the free food one night per week (and if you are desperate and homeless, you will). They have no community outreach center. If you are not a member of the church, you are nothing, and my family has been told that by my brother-in-law and his family. It got the point where he forbade my sister for awhile to see my family, I fought that with the "Honor thy Father (and Mother)" commandment and won. Their church also says that if you have the choice to save either your child's or your spouse life you are too choose your spouse over your child. Really strange stuff. Like I said, it nearly destroyed my family.I spent alot of time looking into this church and trying to figure out a loop hole, but instead, I found my best weapon is to know the bible and their church veiws on it, and then use it against them. This won't get them out but it will protect me against their inciting fights. I have done this several times over the past 12 or so years my family has been dealing with this and they have finally relented in trying to recruit me, though they still pray for my salvation. As for my sister, she is not the person she used to be, but she still has a beautiful heart and I love her dearly. My niece questions everything so she will give them a run for their money when she is a teen, and I relish the thought. My brother-in-law, no one said I had to like him, and when he passes on I think he will be surprised at his judgement. And this is one of the mild versions of the church in my small town. My town with a population of 17,000 has 32 churches (I just looked in the phone book) and that is only of the modern christian denominations. 11 of those were Evangelical (the pounding, recruiting type).And those aren't counting the Jewish Temples, the Muslim Mosque, and 3 or 4 other church groups who don't have the money or congregation numbers to have a technical "church" so they meet elsewhere. I have nothing against Christians. My parents raised me spiritualist (a cross between pagan and christian). They are now Baptist, I am Pagan. It's a matter of learning where to draw the line and how to fight the battle. Faith is really an amazing and overpowering thing, and sometimes people need to have it from sources outside themselves. It took me a long time to come to terms with that my sister is one of those people. And while I don't approve of her choice, I still have to respect it.Best of luck to you and your community. smile------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK