Forums > Social Chat > Could I have permission to use some material from this message board

Login/Join to Participate

Tlightmember
189 posts

Posted:
Im making a website and im making a "Silly things to do" section and a "Plain old jokes" section. Anyway im asking for the permission to use the material from the topics..."A joke" by Peregrine and"Silly posts bonanza" by KatincaI would like the permission of malcom to use them and the permission from the people who made the posts. Im going to put them on now but if any of you have any objections ill take your post off my site. About the site, currently its not on the internet but its pretty much complete on my mac.Thanks

I hope you realize how pissed I am.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
A lesser pertson would email the people in question and ask their permission. Maybe that's just me though....

Meh

Tlightmember
189 posts

Posted:
Your exactly right but theres quite a load of people to ask. I thought it would be easier if i asked liked this.

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
youre welcome to mine tho just so you know i got them from newspaper clippings and cartalk website among others....im sure they are oldies jokes tho...Pere

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Of course a lesser person might spell person correctly.

Meh

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Be sure to let us know when it is up smile

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

Tlightmember
189 posts

Posted:
*Does a little jiggy dance*Thanks Ive got 21 pages done but theres still loads to do. If I work a lot of today I should get it online by tomorrow. Does anyone know where to get a snappy url for free? At the moment the url will probably be quite long...[This message has been edited by Tlight (edited 22 February 2002).]

Itsgottabmember
244 posts

Posted:
cantus did you do english at uni or did that private school whip you until you got it right or would you prefer not to be a pidgon, you can be so fussy sometimes

fehu jibranmember
3 posts

Posted:
Ahh, but at least cantus was only correcting himself, this is self improvement which is acceptable, where as being pedantic is undesirable. Actually, I have practically no opinion on this, but i beleve this is my first post as a member and i figured i'd write about something insignificant.p.s. i read all 9 pages of the official roll call yesterday. Hooray for me.

If a ten-tonne truck, crashes into us, to die by your side, well the pleasure and privelage is mine. the smiths.

Tlightmember
189 posts

Posted:
I just got my site online. Woooh. https://server3002.freeyellow.com/tlight/Home.htmlThe
problem is pop-up. Aaaarggh.

Tlightmember
189 posts

Posted:
uhhr double post...[This message has been edited by Tlight (edited 22 February 2002).]

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Itsgottab - Cantus was making a joke (surprise surprise!), if he was truly fussy he would have edited his post and not mentioned it to anyone...Besides, aren't you being fussy by complaining about how fussy he is about his own spelling. A non-fussy person would just accept another persona s fussy and not be bothered by it.. wink wink winkWhereas an incessantly pedantic correctophilic junkie like myself, may well annoy others with my incessant, pedantic, correctophile junkie-like behaviour when I shouldn't have even posted wink------------------Charles (AKA INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggle.co.nz/fire/fire.html

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Well put Charles. Far better worded than my intended "Piss off Dan" retort.By the way, pidgeon has an E in it and this is the first friday night in ages when I haven't got at least one in me. Funny that.------------------C@ntusThere's only one way of life and that's your own.

Meh

o-omember
78 posts

Posted:
with tongue firmly in cheek:C@ntus / charles - i have a job for you.i'm about to murder my pedantic editor/copywriter in cold blood, as soon as i can find him, which means that the position will be haha available...i would be poiing roundabout now, or working on my website, but the truth of it is i'm taking a quick break from my 400th revision of an 8 page document......so,howboutit?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Well Charles lives closer than I do. So I think he should take the job.Plus commuting to Sheffield to see my young lady would put even more of a strain on our relationship than the 65 miles I have to travel now. So I fear I will have to politely withdraw myself from the running.Now if you'd offered me a post, as say, Artistic Director. Or maybe Head Designer then it might be a different story.....It's good that you said you had your tongue in your cheek though. As neither Charles nor myself are known for our senses of humour. And often find it difficult to spot when others are joking.

Meh