Forums > Social Chat > Attention Sydney spinners / twirlers!

Login/Join to Participate

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hi guys!My girlfriend and I will be staying in Sydney for the weekend from the friday arvo / night (April 20) to the Sunday morning (April 22).We are both reasonably proficient at spinning Poi and comets, and I do an ok fire staff.We'd Love to hookup with any available Sydney siders for a twirl while there, and perhaps you can give us some tips on finding a nice Doof to go to later on Saturday night smile)We will be staying in Surrey Hills which I've heard is relatively central....we wont have a car, but we are happy to take a bus, train, scooter, horse, sherpa, etc, etc to get to wherever for a good spin (or doof for that matter).I hope to hear from you all!Josh and Katinca-Have Poi, will travel.

piscesmember

Posted:
Hey Hey,Yeah of course we shall definately have to arrange a gang to get togetha and show yu around town after some fire'n'poi action... Email me on katedolman@hotmail.com and we will hook up wen yu arrive in town smile

The world is a beautiful place, don't waste yur time on it...

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
Hey Josh,You get around! I just read your post on the oz-trance list. I was pretty sure that the oz-trance josh and the home of poi josh were one and the same.... now you've confirmed it. *hehe*We (as in the Sydney crew) would love to hook up with you when you're in Sydney. I'm not sure what's happening doof wise that weekend but I'll get onto it. We were saying just last night that the whole Sydney crew should head off to a doof together - this would be a great weekend to do it.Yay! An interstate poi off!Finn smile

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Heh! My post style stands out huh? smile)I have a feeling......that we are gonna have a _lot_ of fun smileWe are gonna set the night on fire! smileSeeya soon,Josh and Katinca-Hanging out!

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
Burn baby burn, psy trance inferno! smile

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
As per previous correspondence, we'll have a flaming blast!Our "Syd crew" are all really friendly and very enthusiastic about our brand of fun. I have found it refreshing to note that not one of us is in that "too cool" fringe-type basket, ken?Keep in touch Josh. I think just about all of us have a vehicle, so we can sort something safe and convenient.flashBTW - hey guys...photo of moi on page one of this site's gallery!------------------"she dances in a ring of fire and throws off the challenge with a shrug"[This message has been edited by flash fire (edited 09 February 2001).]

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
heh My pic has been relegated to page 8.Smile for the camera Josh! smileThis piccy was taken on the street outside a party. unfortunately the neighbours complained, and eventually the aprty got shut down.Neighbours!Glad I live in the hills..seeya soon,Josh-aka The flaming cyberhillbilly.

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
I love the keeness of us all smilepisces, finn, fire flash!!Be great to hook up josh, both fire flash and i live in enmore which is pretty close to surrey in the scheme of Sydney, and my bf works in surrey hills at a cafe called cafe niki, so if ur close to that and pop in check out the "gyu with all the s*&^ in his face" as he is often refered to as smileIll keep the weekend free smile

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
hey do any of you guys know Jim the firetwirling guy from katoomba? he used to (a couple of years ago) do fire shows every wednesday night at the katoomba YHA with various other people...it's where I learned while I was doing my field work in the mountains for my honours project. he might by now have gone off to fiji or something to do rock climbing but I was just wondering how that crew is doing. there was a group called 'the flaming ferals' that did some twirling in katoomba at their winter festival but oh that was several years ago now...they did some coolies fire sculpture stuff....darnit you guys are making me homesick! but i think i will be coming out to oz sometime this year so maybe i'll come down and twirl with you....Peregrine

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
don't know Jim, sorry!Would be great to meet up with you upon returning to the land of Oz...keep in touch.flash

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
I don't know Jim personally but I have heard about his fire show at Katoomba YHA. Apparently it was pretty cool.I'm not sure whether it's still happening. I'll be heading up there soon. I'll check it out for you.Cheers,Finn smile