Page:
CarreySILVER Member
180 posts

Posted:
Take this quiz: 1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world. 2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners. 3. Name the last five winners of the Miss South Africa contest. 4. Name ten people who have won the Nobelor Pulitzer prize. 5. Name the last halfdozen Academy Award winners for best actor and actress. 6. Name the last decade's worth of World Series winners.How did you do? None of us remember the headliners of yesterday. These are no second-rate achievers. They are the best in their fields. But the applause dies. Awards tarnish. Achievements are forgotten. Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners Here's another quiz. See how you do on this one: 1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through school. 2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time. 3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile. 4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special. 5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with. 6.Name half a dozen heroes whose stories have inspired you. Easier? The people who make a difference in your life; are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones that care. "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in New Zealand."

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
I really like that.Thanks.------------------FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB."Those who can, do. Those who can't, critique"Pyromorph.com - Let the fire change you

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
Word PWB, really cool post.Thanks for sharing Carrey- just goes to show you what really counts now a days.N8.

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
World's richest people:Bill Gates ($58.7b)Warren Buffet ($32.3b)Paul Allen ($30.4b)Larry Ellison ($26b)Theo and Karl Albrecht ($25b)Heisman Trophy Winners:2001 Eric Crouch, Nebraska QB2000 Chris Weinke, Florida State QB1999 Ron Dayne, Wisconsin TB1998 Ricky Williams, Texas TB1997 Charles Woodson, Michigan DB/RMiss South Africa titleholders:2001 Vanessa Carreira2000 Jo-Ann Strauss1999 Heather Hamilton1998 Sonia Raciti1997 Kerishnie Naiker2001 Nobel LaureatesPhysics:Eric A. CornellWolfgang KetterleCarl E. WiemanChemistry:William S. KnowlesRyoji NoyoriK. Barry SharplessPhysiology or Medicine:Leland H. HartwellR. Timothy (Tim) HuntSir Paul M. NurseLiterature:Sir V.S. NaipaulPeace:United Nations (U.N.)Kofi AnnanEconomic Sciences:George A. AkerlofA. Michael SpenceJoseph E. StiglitzBest Actor (movie), Best Actress (movie):2000 Russel Crowe (Gladiator), Julia Roberts (Erin Brockovitch)1999 Kevin Spacey (American Beauty), Hilary Swank (Boys Don't Cry)1998 Roberto Benigni (Life is Beautiful), Gwyneth Paltrow (Shakespeare in Love)1997 Jack Nicholson (As Good As It Gets), Helen Hunt (As Good As It Gets)1996 Geoffrey Rush (Shine), Frances McDormand (Fargo)1995 Nicholas Cage (Leaving Las Vegas), Susan Sarandon (Dead Man Walking)World Series winners (Baseball)2001 Arizona df NY Yankees 4-32000 NY Yankees df NY Mets 4-11999 NY Yankees df Atlanta Braves 4-01998 NY Yankees df Sand Diego 4-01997 Florida df Cleveland 4-31996 NY Yankees df Atlanta Braves 4-21995 Atlanta Braves df Cleveland 4-21994 - no World Series1993 Toronto df Philadelphia Phillies 4-21992 Toronto df Atlanta Braves 4-2

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
What do I get?Or did I miss the point.... wink

cryogenicmember
34 posts

Posted:
hehe.. you get nothing cause you got it wrong!"4. Name ten people who have won the Nobelor Pulitzer prize."Not just Nobel Laureates, but Pulitzer Prize winners!! winkbut, it was impressive anyway... ------------------If at first you don't succeed, tell everyone you did and hope they don't ask you to prove it...

If at first you don't succeed, tell everyone you did and hope they don't ask you to prove it...

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
4. Name ten people who have won the Nobel ***or*** Pulitzer prize.I just chose to name _only_ Nobel winners tongue wink*wonders if anyone is going to double check his answers*[This message has been edited by Bendy (edited 19 February 2002).]

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
Nobel *or* Pulitzer prize.Thanks for the post, Carrey. You speaketh the truth.------------------I feel more like I do now than I did when I got here.~~~Dance as if noone is watching!~~~PLUR(RE) ---J---

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
mmm, words to live by, very very nice carrey...

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

CarreySILVER Member
180 posts

Posted:
Hey Bendy, well done...If I ever meet you, I'll give you a kiss and then smack you for being such a smart ass! winkHope you're all having a great day,C

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Yessss - I'm in like Flynn wink

CarreySILVER Member
180 posts

Posted:
Well, you may have your chance at the HoP Convention in 2003... smileC

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
CarreyYou have a habbit of putting a smile into a grey day!Are you playing tonight????? smile

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

CarreySILVER Member
180 posts

Posted:
Yes indeedy! And I just got some Beaming Poi, for Christmas (last year's, long story!) so I should be bruising myself horribly tonight! Already cracked myself on the head a couple of times - ouch!We might actually meet IRL! Whoa! smileC

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
That's odd. I was planning to slap Bendy when I first meet him as well. Only I thought of it months ago.....

Meh

jonathanenthusiast
210 posts

Posted:
its yesterday there and tomorrow here!!!wow![This message has been edited by jonathan (edited 20 February 2002).]

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Planning on givin' me a kiss too Cantus? wink

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Me? Kiss a boy? As if I'd ever do such a thing..... grinI thought perhaps a hug.

Meh

tallicaburtonmember
51 posts

Posted:
But a manly hug....

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
You mean one that cracks ribs?

CarreySILVER Member
180 posts

Posted:
Can someone tell me exactly how this is sticking to the topic? winkC

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
yep Carrey its easy,Its your thread, so...Simply go back up and edit your first post so that the topic of the thread includes all that has been discussed since (Cantus kissing, meeting bam, ribs etc), thus is ensuring that none of our fellow HOPers have made the blunder of drifting off topic.Ps Don't forget to claim point for helping the moderators by ensuring that another thread hasn't drifted hopelessly off topic.Hope thats helpedSee you tue, cool lady.Drew

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Not sure I can do "manly" but I'll give it a go...if that's what you think the situation demands.Carrey, you're post was in the spirit of sharing love and kindness. And that is what I'm doing. Telling Bendy of my intentions to hug him when we meet. Didn't drift off topic.Unless your mention that we're off topic means that you only posted the thread in the first place because you wanted people to see how lovely you are and laud you with praise..... In which case.....Oh Carrey, what a lovely sentiment your post has. It's seems so out of place on the HoP boards at the moment; with all it's sniping and back biting brought on by this damn (and all to often misunderstood and misused) point scheme.It's nice that you have refocussed at least some people's minds back to the things that are actually important in life.That was heartfelt BTW. Not sarcasm. In case you were about to take offence (as seems to happen round here occasionally).Although the bit before the heartfelt does read as a tad sarcastic. But please take it with the good natured japery with which it was written.[This message has been edited by Cantus (edited 22 February 2002).]

Meh

CarreySILVER Member
180 posts

Posted:
[Thank you C@ntus!]...And for some more sentiment, I hope everyone is having a lovely Friday and is headed for a great weekend.I'm rather impressed with myself as I managed the backwards into forwards weave btb last night whilst having a little play at home. Yippeeee!Drew, are you going to Dave's party??

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Well Carrey, the weekend is just about to land and I feel great.Glad to hear about the BTB. Well done grinI'm still working on the contact staff at the moment. I was having a littel play at home last night (don't try this at home kids), managed to smash the only light bulb in my room. The only problem was I had no socks on and it weas bloody dark "ouch" Playing inside - not one of my better ideas!

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
I don't recommend poi's indoor either - smashed two spot lights that cost £7.99 to replace..arse.. I'll just have to light my front room with 1 spot light.. It's very 'atmospheric' he he rolleyes

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
I got one of those paper lamp shade thingies. It acts as cushioning so have yet to break the bulb. However the lamp shade is looking a bit messy now.Now, our light fittings may be going off topic wink

CarreySILVER Member
180 posts

Posted:
Aha...how to go off topic with style...but worth mentioning anyway...Both of the lampshades in my lounge have poi holes in them...maybe what the HoP shop needs to sell are lights that don't get damaged by practicing these arts? wink I would buy two of them! Sounds like a couple others on this thread would as well!

CarreySILVER Member
180 posts

Posted:
New Page 1

The Spinners Clock!
We like, we like...
Making the marching of time a little more interesting...

CarreySILVER Member
180 posts

Posted:
Hey People...chuck the code above into FrontPage or any other Web design thingy and see what it does...Very cool...CPS: Getting even more off topic...sorry![This message has been edited by Carrey (edited 23 February 2002).]

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
That should be "FrontPage or a Web design thingy" FrontPage is evil winkOr open a text editor, dump it in, and save the file as .html Then open that in IE.Or get your C compilers out and run this and then try to work out how it outputs what it does:#include "@n'+,#'/*{}w+/w#cdnr/+,{}r/*de}+,/*{*+,/w{%+,/w#q#n+,/#{l+,/n{n+,/+#n+,/#\ ;#q#n+,/+k#;*+,/'r :'d*'3,}{w+K w'K:'+}e#';dq#'l \ q#'+d'K#!/+k#;q#'r}eKK#}w'r}eKK{nl]'/#;#q#n'){)#}w'){){nl]'/+#n';d}rw' i;#\ ){nl]!/n{n#'; r{#w'r nc{nl]'/#{l,+'K {rw' iK{;[{nl]'/w#q#n'wk nw' \ iwk{KK{nl]!/w{%'l##w#' i; :{nl]'/*{q#'ld;r'}{nlwb!/*de}'c \ ;;{nl'-{}rw]'/+,}##'*}#nc,',#nw]'/+kd'+e}+;#'rdq#w! nr'/ ') }+}{rl#'{n' ')# \ }'+}##(!!/") :t<-50?_==*a?putchar(31[a]):main(-65,_,a+1):main((*a=='/')+t,_,a+1) :0

Page: