Page: ...
joe_sixstepsmULti-torTOISe
310 posts
Location: Kent currently, Cornwall soon, New Zealand eventua...

Posted:
Well, we survived the last one. Some of my body hair has grown back, and Geoffrey should be out of hospital by January... so why not do it all over again? Lyndon would have wanted us to... and I think Isobel is still in the park somewhere anyway...

For those of you who weren't at the last firey fandango, I shall be throwing wide the doors of my (borrowed) Sevenoaks home, and inviting anyone and everyone to come and spend the weekend. There will be lots of paraffin, lots of spinners, lots of all sorts of things in fact. Including baked products. Y'all are welcome to come for as long or as short a time as you feel like - stay for a week or just pop in for a spin over the weekend. It's easy to get to and there's plenty of bed space. Or floor space, unless they bring even more lap-tops than last time...

For more details and some critics' reviews see 'Kent 28th - 30th Nov', but bear in mind that this one is going to be a whole lot better. There will be:
weavesmileyMore bed space! (well, at least one extra bed)
weavesmileyMore Michal Kahn! (author of 'Poispinning', mentor, and all round poi goddess)
weavesmileyMore baked products! (going to start baking any day now... fill up the attic)
weavesmileyMore weird stuff going on in the garage! (see 'Pounce... parental discretion is advised)
weavesmileyMore working computers! (It's fixed it's fixed at last at last!)
weavesmileyMore cute poi boys!
weavesmileyMore foxy poi chicks!

So write it in your diaries, tingle with excitement, stock up on paraffin and get ready to set the town on fire! (note to Big Brother: this is a metaphor)

See you in January... ubbloco

The Confusion Squid has many tentacles

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
and more jellly wrestling and thwappage?

cheers everyone for making the weekend what it was (even if 4 of us disappeared off on the saturday)

i personally thought the best bit was when Konsti was told he looked like a girl by a 5 year old.

but that is a lie. Konsti does not look like a girl.....

he preferes the term "hybrid"

wink

SpitFireGOLD Member
Mand's Girl....and The Not So Shy One
2,723 posts

Posted:
I'm home myself. Got in last night...ten hour flights suck big time...especially when the man next to you has rotten breath that you just can't get away from.

Ew.

My week and several days was fantastic...and it was a treat meeting all of you.

I still can't believe you ACTUALLY had jello wrestling.

LOL

Solitude sometimes speaks to you, and you should listen.

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
That weekend was great, thanks for being such a fantastic host Joe biggrin

I'd say more, but I've still not quite recovered, even though I've just slept for 15 hours smile

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
15 hours eek eek ahh I want to live in your world biggrin

Bovril I think I have your contact ball...

Bammy
Lisa
ubbrollsmile

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Ah, the joys of realising you have one day of holiday left and that you can book it for post party-packed-weekend recovery biggrin

Quite surprisingly, even though I lost my contact ball partway through the night, I managed to find it again. It's probably the wallace and grommit sock it was in that made it pretty easy to find smile
The juggling ball I have lost is purple, but I'm not entirely sure it's still at the palace, since I didn't use it there, it might be in quite a few other places.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
[Old link]

biggrin

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
well, the good news is that the usb cable for my still cable arrived in the post this morning. The bad news is that it's the phone cable off my parent's fax machine, not the usb cable rolleyes

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
ubbtickled ubblol

rolleyes

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
well i am now back in denver safe and sound and quite confused as to where i am and what time it is ubblol that was quite a whirlwind weekend. many many many thanks to joe for having me and for all of you wonderful people i met!!! that weekend will live in my memory forever.

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

joe_sixstepsmULti-torTOISe
310 posts
Location: Kent currently, Cornwall soon, New Zealand eventua...

Posted:
Yay! So glad you made it home safe and sound - Mand's got another couple of hours to go, but then I think everyone will have made it home alright, and the weekend will really be over.

Lots and lots of love to everyone, and thank you all for making the effort to get down here, for bringing all your toys, for putting up with my neurotic cleaning rants (even forestalling them by doing all the cleaning yourselves, some of you!) and for being such exciting and enthusiastic people.

You know that you're all welcome to drop in whenever - if you find yourselves with nothing to do for a day or two then come by and we can sweep the street, jelly wrestle in the kitchen... maybe even have a spin...

See everyone soon. ubblove

The Confusion Squid has many tentacles

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Joe, thank you so much for the weekend. You were a great host (especially making us hot muffins for breakfast! biggrin)
I've pretty much just got home, after leaving joe's at 8am! Even pounce got home quicker than me! ubblol
Yeah, next month- more jelly, a bikini top thats more difficult to rip off, and some new wrestling tactics me thinks! ubblol
Hows the funds doing for 'get pounce to kent, february'? ubblol

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
maybe we could fund it by selling the erotic whisk licking? ubbidea biggrin

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Quote:

maybe we could fund it by selling the erotic whisk licking? ubbidea biggrin

What erotic whisk licking? ubbangel
I was just eating yellow cake mix! biggrin

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
*ahem*

Non-Https Image Link

what's not erotic about that? confused

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
LMAO!!!!!!!!!

oh my....that was just classic....

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
yea, she may be crap at jelly wrestling, but i think we may have a new official tongue! wink

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
**giggles**

if only we could change her avatar without her knowing! ubblol

**giggles**

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
Anyone have Dom's phone number?

pengwinoBRONZE Member
suitable for vegetarians
300 posts

Posted:
what a shame, no, but what a great picture! tongue tongue
*want copy of all of flid's video footage now!*.
what was your ratio of minutes of spinning filmed to minutes of complete randomness by the way? i hear that frodo's is about 1:50 ubbtickled

animals who are not penguins can only wish they were

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
hi, i just got to work, when i got in last nigh, i was so tiered, i forgot to send this msg out to you guys!

i would just like to say firstly a MASSIVE THWAPABLE thanks to joe, for being so nice and welcomeing to me, and looking after me so well, and making me feel welcome,

secindly ifd like to thank all of you there to, for making me feel like a real person, not just some name on HOP!

thankyou so much guys,

it was so nice to drive my car again today, u know, just 5mins, but after spending a few days in teh underground, my god it was nice!

as for the guys who picked on me! i know who you are, and i know what i will be doing to you in return, and beliveme some of you will be begging for a thwaping!

later days guys, and thanksagain! hug hug hug hug

Step (el-nombrie)

KiwiBexmember
69 posts

Posted:
Thanks Joe and everyone for making this weekend so great! hug Its cool that although I didn't know anyone there I could still rock up and have a kickass time. Everybody else all singed and exhausted too??! biggrin Roll on the next one!

I said perhaps, and thats FINAL.

I love my length!

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Quote:

if only we could change her avatar without her knowing! ubblol

Oi, I'm watching you miss pounce!!! ubblol
Cool pic though- maybe me and pounce should swop titles. ubblol

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
oh no, i already updated my title to reflect my status biggrin

**giggles**

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
ooh, have we come to a stand off in the titles?! ubblol
Who gets what?
I reckon, due to my first pin, where I had you on the ground for at least 5mins (where averyone was too bust staring at bums to count down!), I should officially win the jelly wrestling and keep my title! biggrin
And you get to keep your status with your tongue! ubblol

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
yes but you didn't have my shoulders pinned so it entirely does not count. if you watch the video i managed to turn onto my stomach very quickly wink ubblol

but i like your new title....very amusing ubblol

**giggles**

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Oh, such lame excuses miss pounce! ubblol
(and I can't get the video mad)

pengwinoBRONZE Member
suitable for vegetarians
300 posts

Posted:
took me ages to work the videos out. i've only seen the trailer so far, that was quality though! flid is so very clever! ubbrollsmile

animals who are not penguins can only wish they were

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
The video has trailers?! eek
What, of other films?
"coming soon...a feature length production...'the adventures of the bat cave'..(featuring the granny in the wheelchair, and frodo half in a lycra suit..."
ubblol

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
LMAO

quick, phone the mayor and get the bat signal turned on!!!!

oh and mand, clearly you have never watched wrestling before. the shoulders must be pinned to count as a win tongue

**giggles**

SpitFireGOLD Member
Mand's Girl....and The Not So Shy One
2,723 posts

Posted:
Sad to say, Mand, but Pounce is right.

I watched the videos and laughed! Yeah...I had a great time during my brief Kent visits.

I shall have to get out to another one...somehow.

Solitude sometimes speaks to you, and you should listen.

Page: ...