Page: ...
joe_sixstepsmULti-torTOISe
310 posts
Location: Kent currently, Cornwall soon, New Zealand eventua...

Posted:
Well, we survived the last one. Some of my body hair has grown back, and Geoffrey should be out of hospital by January... so why not do it all over again? Lyndon would have wanted us to... and I think Isobel is still in the park somewhere anyway...

For those of you who weren't at the last firey fandango, I shall be throwing wide the doors of my (borrowed) Sevenoaks home, and inviting anyone and everyone to come and spend the weekend. There will be lots of paraffin, lots of spinners, lots of all sorts of things in fact. Including baked products. Y'all are welcome to come for as long or as short a time as you feel like - stay for a week or just pop in for a spin over the weekend. It's easy to get to and there's plenty of bed space. Or floor space, unless they bring even more lap-tops than last time...

For more details and some critics' reviews see 'Kent 28th - 30th Nov', but bear in mind that this one is going to be a whole lot better. There will be:
weavesmileyMore bed space! (well, at least one extra bed)
weavesmileyMore Michal Kahn! (author of 'Poispinning', mentor, and all round poi goddess)
weavesmileyMore baked products! (going to start baking any day now... fill up the attic)
weavesmileyMore weird stuff going on in the garage! (see 'Pounce... parental discretion is advised)
weavesmileyMore working computers! (It's fixed it's fixed at last at last!)
weavesmileyMore cute poi boys!
weavesmileyMore foxy poi chicks!

So write it in your diaries, tingle with excitement, stock up on paraffin and get ready to set the town on fire! (note to Big Brother: this is a metaphor)

See you in January... ubbloco

The Confusion Squid has many tentacles

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
so i'm wondering if we'd actually be able to raise the money by that weekend or perhaps you can have another party later on that i can make it to. hrm. i'm still in awe that you are even trying to raise money for me!

eek <--- in awe face

and i will have more money mid-january so i should be able to contribute more then to my own flight fund.

hrm.

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Ooh, if we can't raise the money by this date, its my birthday on february 7th- could kent erupt in a spinning community that weekend aswell??? wink

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

310 posts

Posted:
Hell, I was just short of entertainment. Watching you and Mand at play in the garage has got to be worth something.

If January is out of the question, there will be other parties. One's that don't clash with the NIPP. tongue

310 posts

Posted:
Thought you were going to be in France by then Mand? But February... yes we can do that...

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
oh i posted another reply to you joe in my thread. i'm too lazy to repeat it so go look there

**giggles**

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
oh, but a quick note. if we do it in february, it's gotta be a different weekend than the weekend of feb.13-15 cause that's my college reunion biggrin

**giggles**

310 posts

Posted:
The "Relocate Pounce to Kent Fund" is almost half way... that's nearly a hundred pounds in about twenty minutes... eek

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I will chip in if i can afford it.

310 posts

Posted:
Well, if I can put you down for a fiver then we've cleared the half way point already! Think of it as an investment UCOF - we'll make a fortune selling the videos of Mand & Pounce over the net... wink

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
LMAO

ubblol

don't forget spitfire wants in too! ubblol

**giggles**

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Thought you were going to be in France by then Mand? But February... yes we can do that...

No no no no... I start instructing again in feb (somewhere round 20th), but in Shrewsbury i think. We travel out for the start of the French season on may 9th.

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

310 posts

Posted:
Oh, cool. Can I keep you until May then? Shrewsbury's just down the road from Sevenoaks... only a ten minute walk...

*runs and hides*

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Hehe... you can't hide from me boy! spank
Well the problem is i need to work. BUT the pubs up here said they needed staff, and are being really crap at getting back to me. If i havn't got a job by then, i will stay, and try to get work at one of the pubs near you.
Deal? biggrin

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
mand.. you come work for me!!

We cant seem to find Konsti's old Colonic irrigator... confused

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Quote:

And balloon modelling! (possibly?)

I'm very, very tempted to turn up for a while, in which case there will indeed be balloon modelling biggrin

I've just got to work out the logistics of it all, and I'm there smile

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
ill be there joe, hopefully with a new digi vid cammera and a set of aerotechs!!

heheh

frodo out

passing through, this world still lives.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
ok were do we send donations?

Step (el-nombrie)

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
yay!!! just PM joe mech....he has the info.

does a happy dance

**giggles**

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
money money money!!! its all going to joe isnt it!?

what am i paying 20 quid for again!?

hehe... joes house rocks, but can u install a hot tub before we all get there!?

frodo out!

DJ_WATTmember
6 posts

Posted:
Joe - I'm finally sorted in Manchester and will be down in London on the 11th Jan. Can't get there any earlier I'm afraid as I have to be in Glasgow on the 10th.

I'll give you a shout nearer the time to see about staying for a couple of days and milking the dregs of your Jamboree.

Take it easy fella

- D

p.s. any of the class expected to turn up?

It it weren't for my opposable thumb I'd have had that trick!

310 posts

Posted:
What's all this about 'staying for a couple of days' mate? I've been relying on you to be living here for most of 2004!

Gr.

DJ_WATTmember
6 posts

Posted:
Apologies Mein Host - I'm only booked to be in London for 12th and 13th Jan at work but will certainly be down for more parties and get-togethers.

We've gotta chat through who's up for Burning Man next year too!

-D

It it weren't for my opposable thumb I'd have had that trick!

310 posts

Posted:
Aye... El has already decided that we are going... tee hee

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
whats burning man, and can i come?

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
yes..its a festival where they sacrifically burn a human to appease the gods.

Its great!

SpitFireGOLD Member
Mand's Girl....and The Not So Shy One
2,723 posts

Posted:
frodo go to www.burningman.com and anyone can go if they are willing to pay the ticket price and willing to be self sufficient in the middle of the desert for about a week, with 30,000 of their closest freak friends.

biggrin It is a fabulous event.

Solitude sometimes speaks to you, and you should listen.

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
yes go to burningman!! it's on my new year's resolution list now ubblol i'm gonna hang out with the DFT's! ubblol there should be a pretty good size of HOPers there.

**giggles**

310 posts

Posted:
So much to do, so little time...

Have opened a bank account for people to donate money to the "Get Pounce To Kent" fund. About to start a new thread in the Help section - please all go and post in it so it stays near the top!

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
is squirming with excitement like a 5-year old in kindergarten who needs to go pee

ubblol

**giggles**

310 posts

Posted:
Gr. Well, get over to the "help" forum and write something in the "Get Pounce to Kent" thread then...

Page: ...