Page: ...
joe_sixstepsmULti-torTOISe
310 posts
Location: Kent currently, Cornwall soon, New Zealand eventua...

Posted:
Well, we survived the last one. Some of my body hair has grown back, and Geoffrey should be out of hospital by January... so why not do it all over again? Lyndon would have wanted us to... and I think Isobel is still in the park somewhere anyway...

For those of you who weren't at the last firey fandango, I shall be throwing wide the doors of my (borrowed) Sevenoaks home, and inviting anyone and everyone to come and spend the weekend. There will be lots of paraffin, lots of spinners, lots of all sorts of things in fact. Including baked products. Y'all are welcome to come for as long or as short a time as you feel like - stay for a week or just pop in for a spin over the weekend. It's easy to get to and there's plenty of bed space. Or floor space, unless they bring even more lap-tops than last time...

For more details and some critics' reviews see 'Kent 28th - 30th Nov', but bear in mind that this one is going to be a whole lot better. There will be:
weavesmileyMore bed space! (well, at least one extra bed)
weavesmileyMore Michal Kahn! (author of 'Poispinning', mentor, and all round poi goddess)
weavesmileyMore baked products! (going to start baking any day now... fill up the attic)
weavesmileyMore weird stuff going on in the garage! (see 'Pounce... parental discretion is advised)
weavesmileyMore working computers! (It's fixed it's fixed at last at last!)
weavesmileyMore cute poi boys!
weavesmileyMore foxy poi chicks!

So write it in your diaries, tingle with excitement, stock up on paraffin and get ready to set the town on fire! (note to Big Brother: this is a metaphor)

See you in January... ubbloco

The Confusion Squid has many tentacles

pengwinoBRONZE Member
suitable for vegetarians
300 posts

Posted:
yes yes Darren (and everyone else) we are all going to burning man no matter what... i am wetting my pants with excitement about it already (just ask joe)... tongue
have any of the class been in touch with you darren? michal seemed pretty keen but no idea about the others. don't get there too late on the 11th or you might miss all the fun eek

animals who are not penguins can only wish they were

SpitFireGOLD Member
Mand's Girl....and The Not So Shy One
2,723 posts

Posted:
man...I can tell I'm going to have a hard time deciding between the ejc and Burningman.

yeesh.

I only get so much vacation time a year, people!!

ubbloco

Solitude sometimes speaks to you, and you should listen.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
im going to the EJC.

FOR DEFINATE.

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
whats the other one.............

burning man sounds so cool!! i wanna come!! scary!! but i wanna come...

yeah

frodo

passing through, this world still lives.

pengwinoBRONZE Member
suitable for vegetarians
300 posts

Posted:
no no not scary... we will all go together and stick together and share our space and it will be great. nearer the time we shall discuss details. i can't wait. love you all! biggrin

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
ok so i have a question....how am i getting to and from the airport??? and will you feed me while i'm there? i don't eat much, i promise!!!

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
which airport?

heathrow? if so then its a piece of piss to get to kent.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
Quote:

whats the other one.............[ejc]

shocking behaviour.

ejc is european juggling convention.

next year in lille(not far)

11 days of 2500 objectmanipulators in one place.

constant shows, plays, lunacy

utterly awesome.

one of my big three for next year(ejc, glasto, BM)

very ubbloco

hehe
R

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

310 posts

Posted:
Shouldn't that be big four?

EJC, Glastonbury, Burning Man & Kent 9th - 11th January?

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Oh, I think I'm going to EJC. If the car works ok.
Vanize has stuff planned... biggrin

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

lost boymember
13 posts

Posted:
hey joe
looking forward to another fine party.
see you on the 9th for some more firey fun.
hope you have a merry christmas.
from ben (camber) smile

keep trying

310 posts

Posted:
And you mate. I hope you all have brilliant Christmasses... but remember not to go too crazy! You have to save yourselves for the 9th...

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
can i come? can i, can i, can i, can i?

don't know if i'll be able to make it at the moment, but would like to if i can smile

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
me and me car are ready to roll!!! yeah... ben, is that the picture that u showed me, of u @ disney lanD?! - sorry i havent seen u for a few days, just been working [censored] loads and will be seeing u on monday hopefully, but def tuesday!!

joe and all the kent crew i wish u a happy christmas!

and please lets get pounce to kentt, all dig deep and we will make it!

frodo out!!

310 posts

Posted:
Flid, please please please please come!

For those who don't yet know, the money for Pounce's ticket has been fronted by a VERY generous SpitFire, and we need to add enough to the fund to pay her back...

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
well done spitfire!! we love you!!

hehe! yyeah,,, hehe!! yyeah...

am bored does anyone wanna come play poi now! im outside if u wanna join me!!

with regard to the airport lift, i could possibly help pounce! just depends on what happens with narr and people along the way! we will know soon!!

hehe

frodo out!

310 posts

Posted:
You still comin' up on the Thursday Frodo?

pengwinoBRONZE Member
suitable for vegetarians
300 posts

Posted:
heathrow is nice and near me, and i've just decided to take the 9th off work so i can come join any welcoming parties at the airport. yay for pounce definitely coming to kent!!! ubbrollsmile

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
bouncey bouncey bouncey bouncey bouncey bouncey bouncey bouncey

can you tell i'm excited??? oh i so love you guys, especially spitfire for fronting the money!!!!!

did i post this already? i can't remember. oh well i'll post again. i'm arriving at 10:25am on the 9th and leaving 12:55pm on the 12th. any welcoming parties/rides would be welcome biggrin

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Yippeee! biggrin
i'll so try and get to the airport pounce.
i can't wait. biggrin biggrin biggrin

On another note- is there anyone who's going to kent who is good at 'cracking' spines? (i mean in the same way that people can crack knuckles). I need something doing to my back, but at the minute I'm not in touch with the people who can do it. I want someone who knows what they're doing though, as its possible to do damage to it otherwise.
Just a shot in the dark, but please let me know it you're able to do it. Cheers. smile

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
wave

peekeeboo!

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
oooh, you better come to the airport if you can!!!!

**giggles**

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
I shall flutter my eyelids at whoever is coming to pick you up, and see if i can get a lift. biggrin

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
oh oh me me... i want mand to flutter her eyelids at me!! thatll make more rumors! i have just helped a mate from work out. he was walking back from the pub that both me and him work at and i drove past, only to see him being kicked the [censored] out of by four lads!!!

and all i can say is "poi came to mind", i got them out the boot (my fire ones) and swang them and [censored] twated the guys that were attacking my friend (who at the time was being kicked whilst being on the ground!!)

the non light fire poi helped a treat!! they actually caused them to disperse and run how cool is that.... so poi, keep them close at hand.. ,..... multi purpose tool!!

see you soon

Frodo out!!

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
**giggles**

oh ya, flutter your eyelids at frodo biggrin

**giggles**

Matthew B-MLemon-Aware Devilstick-wielding Operative
605 posts

Posted:
He might just strip down to his boxer shorts if you do that. Just ask UCOF what that's like.... umm

Luv 'n' Lemons
purity :: clarity :: balance

SpitFireGOLD Member
Mand's Girl....and The Not So Shy One
2,723 posts

Posted:
OK...so one of you all who's over there...and knows what time ms Pounce gets into London, how long will it take for you all to get down to Kent?

I need to know so I can make arrangements to get to Kent from Brighton.

K

Solitude sometimes speaks to you, and you should listen.

310 posts

Posted:
Traffic shouldn't be too bad by the time we've actually left Heathrow, and with the speed Frodo goes... maybe mid-day would be a good time to aim at?

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
Is this by chance an attempt at the Official HoP Orgy 2004?

I'm in if there's baked goods ubblove

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
ubblol

well i already told mand that this is definately the most elaborate booty call i've ever known of! ubblol

**giggles**

Page: ...