Page: ......
joe_sixstepsmULti-torTOISe
310 posts
Location: Kent currently, Cornwall soon, New Zealand eventua...

Posted:
Well, we survived the last one. Some of my body hair has grown back, and Geoffrey should be out of hospital by January... so why not do it all over again? Lyndon would have wanted us to... and I think Isobel is still in the park somewhere anyway...

For those of you who weren't at the last firey fandango, I shall be throwing wide the doors of my (borrowed) Sevenoaks home, and inviting anyone and everyone to come and spend the weekend. There will be lots of paraffin, lots of spinners, lots of all sorts of things in fact. Including baked products. Y'all are welcome to come for as long or as short a time as you feel like - stay for a week or just pop in for a spin over the weekend. It's easy to get to and there's plenty of bed space. Or floor space, unless they bring even more lap-tops than last time...

For more details and some critics' reviews see 'Kent 28th - 30th Nov', but bear in mind that this one is going to be a whole lot better. There will be:
weavesmileyMore bed space! (well, at least one extra bed)
weavesmileyMore Michal Kahn! (author of 'Poispinning', mentor, and all round poi goddess)
weavesmileyMore baked products! (going to start baking any day now... fill up the attic)
weavesmileyMore weird stuff going on in the garage! (see 'Pounce... parental discretion is advised)
weavesmileyMore working computers! (It's fixed it's fixed at last at last!)
weavesmileyMore cute poi boys!
weavesmileyMore foxy poi chicks!

So write it in your diaries, tingle with excitement, stock up on paraffin and get ready to set the town on fire! (note to Big Brother: this is a metaphor)

See you in January... ubbloco

The Confusion Squid has many tentacles

310 posts

Posted:
Wow! Wednesday is the day after tomorrow! Mwah... suddenly everything feels very unorganised...

I have spent the evening changing the wicks on my staffs and poi, so that I'm ready for a big burn over the weekend, washing bedding and generally tidying the house up. Unfortunately, it looks as though I'm going to be working Wednesday day, and I don't know what times yet - it'll have to be either fairly late Wednesday evening Frodo, or even fairly early Thursday morning. Will PM you as soon I know mate.

Directions will be up tomorrow, but there's a map in one of the posts above.

Mwah. I'm exhausted. Goodnight all!

ugoAgogoBRONZE Member
112 posts

Posted:
OOOOHHH!! OH i live in kent! yay

can i come please, i dont have any fire toys coz i left em at uni but i got aerotechie stuff, did i see someone say bam bam was coming along? this sounds like some fun, cannot wait

uhgo ubbrollsmile go go go gone

ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. . . . . . . . . . . . . ZAP

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
sounds fine to me man,, we will leave as soon as the green light comes on!

passing through, this world still lives.

310 posts

Posted:
Mwah... ugh... yuk. Just took a swig out of the wrong beer can... the one that had been used as an ashtray... cough...

Anyway. What was I going to post here about? I've totally forgotten now. It's too late for me to really be thinking about anything, and I've got a fiendishly early start tomorrow, so I eschew sense. However, you'll get a better effort out of me tomorrow evening, I promise: a post with directions, jokes, a bit of somewhat risque titillation... maybe even a theory or two.

For now, everyone who asked if it was alright for them to come: YES PLEASE PLEASE COME! The more the merrier, at least as far as the sleeping arrangements go. I haven't been bothering to keep track of who said they were coming I'm afraid, but I sort of think it's somewhere around a steady twenty to thirty for the duration, with more people than that coming down for just one night here or there. I could be wrong though.

It happens.

Quite a lot.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
only 3days left, im almost peeing my pants!

(and no i wont be peeing my self when im sleeping with anyone!, well not peeing in them anyways!:D:D:D:D)

Step (el-nombrie)

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
ewwwww

ok, it's WAY too early in the morning for me to muster enthusiasm, but i assure you, i am excited beyond belief. i can't believe i'm leaving for another country in two days. i just got back last night. wow. goddess i am so [censored] tired. it's too damn cold here. promise me that kent will be extremely warm just for me? ubblol

argh. i need a nap.

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
warm before, during or after the HoP orgy? ubbidea

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
uhhh, all of the above biggrin

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
Am Ithe only one intending to behave herself at this gathering? confused tongue

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Am Ithe only one intending to behave herself at this gathering? confused tongue

probably ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol

**giggles**

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
i am planning on behaving myself, but i can only behave badly! mad

Step (el-nombrie)

ugoAgogoBRONZE Member
112 posts

Posted:
Yo mechead!! your location says stoke in staffs, is that were ure based ??
i study up there and live in a little place called shelton. hows bout u??

c u later . . .

ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. . . . . . . . . . . . . ZAP

310 posts

Posted:
So. The next evening... I have had a shower, greased my hair back so that I look like a cross between a vampire and a pimp, and swigged a cup of hot black coffee. I am ready to rant.

Very little time remains.

The house is festooned with newly-washed bedding, every available bannister rail or radiator draped with a damp sheet... the air is moist and warm, a gentle caress against naked skin... in a dark corner of the 'Special Room', Giblet has just woken up...

This is the problem with coffee. You start off planning to post a fairly sensible little note giving directions and logistical information, maybe also try and calm down the sexual frenzy that seems to have snuck into this thread (I blame Pounce)... and next thing you know you're going on about naked skin and the 'Special Room'.

Getting here:

Map: here

By Car: turn off the M25 at Junction 5. Follow signs for Sevenoaks. As you come into the town, keep going until you reach a roundabout. Turn left. In about fifty metres you come to another roundabout - turn right and go up a steep hill under a railway bridge. Keep going along that road, through a large intersection by an abandoned Mercedes garage, and then up another hill. You'll pass a One Stop on your left, go through a set of pedestrian traffic lights, and then down another hill. Watch out for the Shell Garage on your left - just after you pass it you need to turn right into Mill Pond Close, then look for the house with the ambulance parked outside. (Number 19)

By Train: Head for Bat & Ball station. The easiest way (coming from London) is to catch a direct train from either London Bridge or Blackfriars. Takes a while, but gets here in the end. Alternatively, trains to Sevenoaks leave from lots of London terminals, and it's only one stop along from there.

If you get lost, my mobile number is: 07989 596532

What to bring:

wink Soft stuff - blankets, sleeping bags, duvets, bean bags, whatever. Still don't know how many people are coming, but if we run out of beds again, the more soft stuff the better.

wink Toys. Of course. Don't worry too much about paraffin unless you have loads hanging around that you want to get rid of - the Shell garage over the road sells the stuff. Conveniently.

wink Cake. I plan on making at least a token effort toward feeding people, but if it turns out that fifty odd hungry poisters are coming then I can't be bothered and y'all will have to look after yourselves.

wink Anything else good that you can think of. Like portable music playing devices, video cameras, wireless network hubs, bondage harnesses, stuffed armadillos, latex catsuits...

wink If you all bring your swim suits then maybe this time we'll actually head up to the pool. Last time was a pretty dismal effort...

On that note, I depart. More work tomorrow, plus shopping, booking the sports hall (for saturday), buying hanging plant baskets for the big poi...

Ugh. See everyone soon.

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
Quote:

This is the problem with coffee. You start off planning to post a fairly sensible little note giving directions and logistical information, maybe also try and calm down the sexual frenzy that seems to have snuck into this thread (I blame Pounce)... and next thing you know you're going on about naked skin and the 'Special Room'.

sheesh, i'm always blamed for this stuff!!

**giggles**

ok, i'll take the blame biggrin

wow, i'm realizing that i now have this reputation to uphold. i certainly hope i can fulfill it properly when you all meet me in person! i wouldn't want to disappoint you all!! ubblol

**giggles**

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Quote:

it's too damn cold here. promise me that kent will be extremely warm just for me?

*raises hand in the air*
I'll keep you warm! ubbangel

I can't waaaaaiiiiiiiiiiittttttttt!!!
*spins round and round the room, cos can't sit still!* biggrin biggrin biggrin

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
**giggles**

how did i know you would offer that? wink

sounds good to me!!! biggrin

**giggles**

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
right. How many miniDV tapes shuld i buy in town tomorrow then? Is this to be a feature length thing?

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
ok so i have a question on this video stuff....since american and european tapes are usually a different format, will i get a video? confused frown

**giggles**

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
any video that i shoot will be divx'd and put online in good quality, not made into a tape.

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
oh phew

**sigh of relief**

i was going to be quite disappointed if there was a video of my visit in kent and i didn't get a copy of it!

did i mention flid that you are wonderful? first my own color in chat and now a video online.

i bow to flid!!!
Non-Https Image Link

**giggles**

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Quote:

If you get lost, my mobile number is: 07989 596532

Yup taken that down ubbangel No doubt i will be calling you Joe! I always get lost. Just ask NYC!

ubbangel

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
so tahts a yes pounce!

Step (el-nombrie)

pengwinoBRONZE Member
suitable for vegetarians
300 posts

Posted:
if i bring swim stuff will i be the only one?! confused ubblol

animals who are not penguins can only wish they were

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
*swears and jesticulates at need for speed* "It's a fix!!"

now, where were we?
pounce, did i here you're planning on building a shrine to me? ubbidea

eleanor, the only one doing what? eek confused ubblol

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Oh yeah, the pool we ended up not going to last time. ubblol
Well I have my boardies and my bikini top, but I'm not gonna be able to swim now, due to bandages and steri strips on my hip. Grrrrrr... mad
At least I can still spin though! biggrin

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
yes flid, i will build a shrine to you! ubblol

i'll bring my bathing suit with me just in case, so eleanor you won't be the only one swimming if we go biggrin

i dunno mech, i'm not the decider of sleeping arrangements. i have a feeling tho that mand will want me all to herself wink ubblol

**giggles**

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Quote:

i have a feeling tho that mand will want me all to herself wink ubblol

And what gave you that idea?! ubbangel
You're free to sleep where you want hunny. (but my bed is warm, and my snuggles good!) ubblol ubblol ubblol

pengwinoBRONZE Member
suitable for vegetarians
300 posts

Posted:
hurrah, let's all bring bikinis! biggrin

as for sleeping arrangements - i love this saga ubbloco - i think joe may have drawn up detailed plans of who will be in which rooms in which beds and with which other people by the time we all arrive so there may not be anyway negotiating on the subject at all! eek

animals who are not penguins can only wish they were

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
i don't have a bikini ubbcrying

will there be a non smoking bedroom for those of us whingers who like such things?

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
Quote:

yes flid, i will build a shrine to you!

cool. People could like bring me free paraffin and stuff as an offering to the shrine, which after being left alone in the room with me would mysteriously disappear, and when i leave my empty bag would be mysteriously full.
If i wear white robes and sandels, do you reckon you could help me brainwash some people into joining my cult? ubbidea

Page: ......