Page: ......
joe_sixstepsmULti-torTOISe
310 posts
Location: Kent currently, Cornwall soon, New Zealand eventua...

Posted:
Well, we survived the last one. Some of my body hair has grown back, and Geoffrey should be out of hospital by January... so why not do it all over again? Lyndon would have wanted us to... and I think Isobel is still in the park somewhere anyway...

For those of you who weren't at the last firey fandango, I shall be throwing wide the doors of my (borrowed) Sevenoaks home, and inviting anyone and everyone to come and spend the weekend. There will be lots of paraffin, lots of spinners, lots of all sorts of things in fact. Including baked products. Y'all are welcome to come for as long or as short a time as you feel like - stay for a week or just pop in for a spin over the weekend. It's easy to get to and there's plenty of bed space. Or floor space, unless they bring even more lap-tops than last time...

For more details and some critics' reviews see 'Kent 28th - 30th Nov', but bear in mind that this one is going to be a whole lot better. There will be:
weavesmileyMore bed space! (well, at least one extra bed)
weavesmileyMore Michal Kahn! (author of 'Poispinning', mentor, and all round poi goddess)
weavesmileyMore baked products! (going to start baking any day now... fill up the attic)
weavesmileyMore weird stuff going on in the garage! (see 'Pounce... parental discretion is advised)
weavesmileyMore working computers! (It's fixed it's fixed at last at last!)
weavesmileyMore cute poi boys!
weavesmileyMore foxy poi chicks!

So write it in your diaries, tingle with excitement, stock up on paraffin and get ready to set the town on fire! (note to Big Brother: this is a metaphor)

See you in January... ubbloco

The Confusion Squid has many tentacles

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
wave

is it ok to come down from friday afternoon till sunday afternoon then please?

ubbrollsmile

pengwinoBRONZE Member
suitable for vegetarians
300 posts

Posted:
you know it is! so many of us there for the whole weekend, hurrah! might have run away from the laptop geeks by the end of it though... ubblol

and flid, you rock, thanks for the PMs this evening, you have no idea how excited i am right now!!
biggrin ubbrollsmile biggrin ubbrollsmile biggrin

animals who are not penguins can only wish they were

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
yea, i'm a laptop geek biggrin

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
Quote:

manic!! i have ordered a wireless thingy! cause i need one for uni, hehe, lets hope that it gets here in time!!

Good stuff. Now, who's bring a wireless access point then, or did you order one too? I think my housemate might notice if i borrow his, especially as it's screwed down to the side of his shelving unit rolleyes wink ubbangel

310 posts

Posted:
Right, well... and has everyone recovered from New Year's yet? I am just struggling back into some semblance of mental cohesion... I seem to be in Oxford... and covered in mud... and wearing a sports bra....

No, joking about the sports bra. I am still very confused, however - apologies for the long silence. I am waiting to collect my housemate and a new phone, after mine deceased, (I mean the phone deceased, not the housemate) and sitting in the most expensive internet cafe I've ever seen. This will be brief.

Essentially, you're all welcome to come as early or as late as you want. I should have a new phone by this afternoon, and I'll post the number when I make it home, but here is a link to a map of the locale.

The station to travel to, if you make your way by train, is called "Bat & Ball" - may be quickest to catch a fast train to Sevenoaks and change there.

See y'all soon.

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
theres nothing wrong with being a laptop geek!!, but alas i have turned into a cammera geek as well.. bought a canon mv630i digital video cammera in the sales, hurah!

whats you all been dying from? the achol or the flu? im just so tired from working so much, i am organising a "Charity" calander, containing weird and wonderful pictures of all the people that i work with!! at the puub.... and its proving very funny, as i am the one taking the pictures!!

passing through, this world still lives.

310 posts

Posted:
Less than one week to go! I staggered back through the door (at last) about two hours ago... to find a delivery from HOP waiting for me...

We now have a hundred foot of wick with which to build the next generation of Monster Poi. Those who were here last time will remember the (somewhat large) poi we made out of four hanging baskets... well, this time they're going to be just as big, and actually usable as well!

Will this madness never end?

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
WHAT THE F*CK?!?!?!?!?!?!

they were stupid as they were!!

310 posts

Posted:
Brothers and Sisters, I have a dream. I envisage a hollow sphere the size of a beach ball, the outer surface a woven web of kevlar wick, the whole a light and dextrous object with which even behind the back weaves will be possible...

I also have a new phone! The number is 07989 596532. See y'all soon.

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
and if they arn't, at least we can play football/catch/dodge ball with em biggrin

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
thats a fantastic idea!!!
yeha

joe -- - please can u save me 4 metres so that i can have it, i will pay you in money/ choclate or sexual favors!!! lol

frodo going to sleep!!!

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
so out of curiosity, what's the story on the welcoming party now? will i be seeing loads of HOPpers at the airport?? biggrin mech sent you a PM i believe, but he asked me to ask you as well if it's ok that he come up for a day or so. i told him it was plenty fine, but i thought i'd just ask as well. i wanna meet as many HOPpers in one trip as possible!!! ubblol

oooh, getting close....i'm soooo excited!

oh ya, i think i may have mentioned this before as well, but might i borrow people's fuel while i'm there? or can someone take me to buy some? i don't think the airlines will let me bring any along! ubblol

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
On the fuel front- no probs. The garage very close to joes sells paraffin in 4l bottles. I'll be making one or two trips there. They had a plentiful supply for the last weekend, so as long as there is no sudden increase in the number of local paraffin heaters we should be fine and dandy.

Er, dunno bout the airport. Definitely me, Joe and Frodo I think. Not sure who else.
Why? does pounce wanna get off the plane to thousands of adoring fans? ubblol

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

310 posts

Posted:
Tee hee. Not very many days at all to go! The deal with the airport, as I understand it, is this:

Frodo, Mand and I will be driving up to meet you from Sevenoaks, and I think El is coming straight across from London. Then we'll all be heading down back home. We should have time to stock up on fuel, bake more cakes, bags all the best beds and even have a bit of a spin before everyone else arrives, though I have no idea what time other people are getting here, how they're coming, stuff like that.

So it goes.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
*happy snoopy dance*

oh happy days, joe has said i can come!

so me and pink poi alice should be cumming over, so mand, neruon no holding pounce in that lil dark room while im there unless im locked in there with you, and i call the bed with alice and pounce in it (and if i cant get those i call flid!) cos i dont think joe will let me sleep with him!

*sigh*

happy days!

now i just have to figure out how to pay for all this, but still!
confused

still not to worry, only 4days to go:D

later days

Step (el-nombrie)

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
oooh, getting off a plane to thousands of adoring fans.....

thinks for a moment with happy look on her face

**giggles**

**giggles**

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
my initial reply was going to be along the lines of "sorry mech, you can have a hug, but we're not sleeping together on the first date", but now i've read it again and realise that I'm 4th choice, it's more "what do they have that I don't?!" redface

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
LMAO

well i have no idea what sleeping arrangements are like but i was told my mand that she and i will be sharing a bed, so mech, you may have to cross me off the list of possible bedmates wink ubblol

**giggles**

originalsmitSILVER Member
addict
469 posts
Location: nottingham, england. cornwall wales denmark or pra...

Posted:
right me and my 4 buddies will be invading your place on the 11th, all things going according to plan, hope the weather picks up.
smit

my original signature was tooo long.
this one is shorter

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Quote:

cos i dont think joe will let me sleep with him!

Weeelll, I'm sure if you ask nicely! ubblol
El might have something to say to the matter though! ubblol

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
biggrin I'm coming and i'm bringing Mech...

...but as you all know (or may not!) i am hopeless at directions and such so if someone could give incredibly discriptive directions? (i mean as much detail as possible) then there is a chance i will only get lost once or twice ubbangel

What airport you coming into Pounce?

ubblove

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

pengwinoBRONZE Member
suitable for vegetarians
300 posts

Posted:
I know that one, it's Heathrow biggrin Hurrah, the nice near one...

Anyway, just came by to do a little happy jig ubbrollsmile and say I can't wait for the weekend, can't believe how quickly it's come....

what's this about people wanting to sleep with joe then?! anyone would think he was sexually desirable or something... eek

(joking sweetie ubblove) ubblol

really can't wait to see everyone....... and airport trips are fun, i will definitely be there pounce! i arranged to work tomorrow instead of friday specially biggrin -clever me!

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
i'm coming into heathrow biggrin

only a few more days!!!!!!!

**giggles**

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
Quote:

my initial reply was going to be along the lines of "sorry mech, you can have a hug, but we're not sleeping together on the first date", but now i've read it again and realise that I'm 4th choice, it's more "what do they have that I don't?!" redface

well for a start id like to say breats, if not those then id like to say girl genes, if not those id like to say that i odnt know, and to be hoest didnt think that far head!

*hangs head in shame*

now as for pounce and mand sleeping together, i doint say no, but im just sleep with both of you, so ri rekon pounce in eth middlen, mand on one sideand meon the other, then four hoursin ill swap to flid (to make him feel all warm and loved) and then get up!

what do you think?

Step (el-nombrie)

pengwinoBRONZE Member
suitable for vegetarians
300 posts

Posted:
now just remind me - nobody actually denied that this weekend was to be the official HOP orgy, right?! biggrin tongue biggrin

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
Save ben and myself will be leaving sunny bournemouth at about 3 wednesday afternoon and making our way to joes, eventually.... if theres no traffic....

so we will be at joes, wednesday evening, if thats cool.... i so look forward to seeing you all again..... i am still up for airport transportation, and bens going to london on friday to see art gallerys n stuff so the car is ready for airport trips!!! hes going to Fabric on fri night, and then brininging more recruits to joes for sat!!

whats happening about bam bams things? are we all comuting via the train!?! or what?

hope to see all soon!

Frodo out

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
Quote:

what do you think?

mmmm, breats smile

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
ubblol

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
who wants to see my first ever poi movie in kent??

made by me mainly,!!

pengwinoBRONZE Member
suitable for vegetarians
300 posts

Posted:
me! ubbrollsmile

Page: ......