Page: ...
joe_sixstepsmULti-torTOISe
310 posts
Location: Kent currently, Cornwall soon, New Zealand eventua...

Posted:
Well, we survived the last one. Some of my body hair has grown back, and Geoffrey should be out of hospital by January... so why not do it all over again? Lyndon would have wanted us to... and I think Isobel is still in the park somewhere anyway...

For those of you who weren't at the last firey fandango, I shall be throwing wide the doors of my (borrowed) Sevenoaks home, and inviting anyone and everyone to come and spend the weekend. There will be lots of paraffin, lots of spinners, lots of all sorts of things in fact. Including baked products. Y'all are welcome to come for as long or as short a time as you feel like - stay for a week or just pop in for a spin over the weekend. It's easy to get to and there's plenty of bed space. Or floor space, unless they bring even more lap-tops than last time...

For more details and some critics' reviews see 'Kent 28th - 30th Nov', but bear in mind that this one is going to be a whole lot better. There will be:
weavesmileyMore bed space! (well, at least one extra bed)
weavesmileyMore Michal Kahn! (author of 'Poispinning', mentor, and all round poi goddess)
weavesmileyMore baked products! (going to start baking any day now... fill up the attic)
weavesmileyMore weird stuff going on in the garage! (see 'Pounce... parental discretion is advised)
weavesmileyMore working computers! (It's fixed it's fixed at last at last!)
weavesmileyMore cute poi boys!
weavesmileyMore foxy poi chicks!

So write it in your diaries, tingle with excitement, stock up on paraffin and get ready to set the town on fire! (note to Big Brother: this is a metaphor)

See you in January... ubbloco

The Confusion Squid has many tentacles

310 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Is this by chance an attempt at the Official HoP Orgy 2004?

If we make a video, and post it on the site, do you think it'll be censored?

Baked goods aplenty my good Flid, so c'mon down.

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
i can harldy wait!! i am trying to fit a car stero for the occassion... umm very much thinking of comming up on the wednesday afternoon.... fabric is being mentioned!?

umm if i do come up on wednesday then maybe me, ben, joe and mand can road trip to the airport, and join the welcoming comitee, or be the taxi! i promice to drive carefully!! honest!

frodo out!!

passing through, this world still lives.

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
*flutters eyelids at frodo* biggrin
Oh yeah, I'll come on a road trip to the airport! biggrin

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
hehe, sounds good to me biggrin

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
we are comming lalalalalalal

hehe

pengwinoBRONZE Member
suitable for vegetarians
300 posts

Posted:
I may make my own way to heathrow as it's an easy journey from my house, but would there be room in your 'mobile Frodo if i jump in for the journey to joe's do you think? *major fluttering of eyelids indeed* ubblove
i will be part of the official welcoming committee regardless and don't mind doing the trains thing down to kent (as i am getting quite used to it these days) and taking anyone else who doesn't fit in the car under my wing...

animals who are not penguins can only wish they were

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
yay!!! good you can show me the way to kent if need be as i have no idea where it is ubblol i know my way around london fairly well though!

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Me going wherever the lovely miss pounce is! ubbangel biggrin

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
**blushes**

i won't complain smile

**giggles**

Matthew B-MLemon-Aware Devilstick-wielding Operative
605 posts

Posted:
Quote:

yay!!! good you can show me the way to kent if need be as i have no idea where it is ubblol i know my way around london fairly well though!

Head south and east from London and you'll get to Kent. Hint: it's outside zone 6. How long did you live here, again? tongue

Luv 'n' Lemons
purity :: clarity :: balance

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
over 5 years ago

ya, it's been awhile tongue

**giggles**

GiGi-D L'Amourmember
19 posts

Posted:
whats the other one.............

burning man sounds so cool!! i wanna come!! scary!! but i wanna come...

yeah

frodo

What is scary about burning man???? Its awsome really and the best place on earth... can't wait to go home. And no needs to worry about sticking together etc the playa will take care of you... be smart of corse but really you will leave wishing the default world was so good.

GiGi-D L'Amour
If you can't be normal make everyone else wish they weren't

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
(you what eek glass posting on HOP)

Just noticed pounce's location.
I gotta laugh at this one - pounce you're flying over to london a week after I fly back there from here
Here is Montrose, Colorado ubblol
I see you're in Denver, I was passing through Denver 10 days ago on the whay to Montrose

This country is crazy ubbloco

turns out that I'm travelling home with this really big empty suitcase, just about the right size to fit a HOPer in :LOL:

I'll let you all get back to your flirting. biggrin

Have fun at the gathering, and props to Joe for organising it.

Glass out

310 posts

Posted:
Glass, now that you've managed to work yourself up to such a fever pitch of excitement that you've actually posted on HOP (we know, we saw you!), you'll have to perform the comparitively minor task of coming down to Kent and aweing us all with your contact staff genius....

(Flattery may get me nowhere, but will it get you to Kent?)

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
not to mention ball control

should i bring a video camera? How many computers does the computer room need?

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Ooh, glass in Kent?
Yeah, please come down. smile tongue

310 posts

Posted:
Well, I'd guess an extra take on the night would be nothing but a good thing, so bring the camera. I'd guess we'll have enough computing power to map DNA, but bring another all the same. Really, if they're bringing the network hub, we ought to have a computer in every room...

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
ubblol ubblol ubblol
Oh the good old lap tops! ubblol
It just wouldn't be a kent party without them I suppose!

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
What? there's no wireless access point in your house eek

network hubs are so last decade, wireless is cheap and the way forward. PCMCIA wireless network cards for a tenner, whats fairer than that? smile
EDITED_BY: flid (1072658740)

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Flid, you are a god!

thanks for tha link..

we need quite a few for uni..

now, what about access points and PCI or USB NiCs?

any cheap places for those?

I probably wont be bring much if i come down...

tell me if you want the laptop down for photos and stuff.

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
i don't like ebuyer anymore. Products are cheap and service good, but they've gone from free delivery, to free delivery over 100, to expensive slow and shite delivery. But anywhere like ebuyer, dabs, pcnextday, komplett etc will sell cheap access points and usb/pci adapters. USB have the added benefit that you can plug them into any machine, ie take them home from uni and use them with friends. You can connect 2 computer together in ad-hoc mode without needing an access point. If you can afford a few quid extra then go for a 55mbit access point, even if your machines are only 11mbit. If you're only playing games/accessing the net (via a link less than 11mbit), 11mbit is fine thou. You can always just connect a cable up on the odd occassion you are transfering files and want a 100mbit.

We have a wired network at home and a 55mbit access point too for laptops (browsing HoP from the garden is a liberating experience). I'm seriously considering ripping out the cables tailing around my room/the landing, giving my main computer a 55mbit card and using it as a gateway for the others, connecting the main 2 together with a 400mbit firewire connection.

Bring a laptop, the search for DNA needs it. Plus we can be antisocial and spend all weekend being geeks ubbidea

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
is there a limit to how many computers you can network through a wireless network point?

im off to bed now..

night night all..

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
yea, other than the theoretical physical limits, it really depends on how advanced the access point is. Mine (well my housemate's that i use)(which was cheap) supports upto 255, and even our computer collection isn't *that* big (yet). Check when you buy one that it isn't stupidly small, but chances are it won't be a problem (unless you plan on mounting a huge ariel and plan on selling wireless internet access to the surrounding neighbourhood ubbidea).

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
ubblol that is crazy glass. too bad you'll be gone from colorado by the time i get back there from my vacation to vegas frown

**giggles**

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
Assuming I'm a good girl and get all my labs done (I'm currently working on my DNA sequences on my plain old PC biggrin), can I come and play too please?

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
ummm, i wasn't aware that this was only open to good people who do all their work on time. I may hafta pull out if it is frown ubbcrying

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
ubblol oh [censored], i'm gonna have to not come then too!!!!

ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol

**giggles**

SpitFireGOLD Member
Mand's Girl....and The Not So Shy One
2,723 posts

Posted:
Oh that! Flid, Pounce, you both better be there! Down with the rules! I

biggrin ubbrollsmile

Solitude sometimes speaks to you, and you should listen.

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
ubblol

ok anything you say spitfire! ubblol

**giggles**

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
manic!! i have ordered a wireless thingy! cause i need one for uni, hehe, lets hope that it gets here in time!!

adverse camber and myself will be brining our first ever video, to kent for you lovelys to view!! argh!!!

ucof - you know that u were having trouble getting ur videos off the cammera!? well for 30 quid i bought a digi video editing kit for my lappie, its a "pcmi" card?"! i think and it comes with a dv wire!! so it all works now

cant wait till kent, am comming up on the wed if its okay joe!?

frodo out!

Page: ...