Kosmik Lunatikmember
58 posts

Posted:
Hey whats up guys and girls. Have any of you ever thought about trying for the olympics in the field of the hammer throw. It's kinda like the discus throw, except a ball/weight is attached to the end of rope like string, and you twirl it around and throw it. Just wondering. Just thought it might be the next step for some people. Bye Bye.Matty

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
Next step from what? confused------------------FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB."Those who can, do. Those who can't, critique"Pyromorph.com - Let the fire change you

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Whipping Boy! Geez! rolleyes With as much as I mess up and my poi go flying it truly does seem as if I am trying for the hammer toss. However, have you ever lifted one of those things? Now, it was *years* ago when I tried (and was friends with kids on field and track) but even my heaviest poi now don't compare to what I remember it's weight to be but maybe I was just wimpy. winkKL, I don't know if you were being serious but I thought it was a good, yet funny, suggestion!Does that mean the staffers could go for javalin toss?------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
Staff and javolin toss? *hmm's* Good idea*shuffles outside to try it and crushes a window*Darn. Don't work. Maybe on the field winkKinudin

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
god, hammer is one of the scariest thigs ive ever seen. I was helping out at an olympic qualifying track meet and somehow got roped into measuring the hammer. tose throwers spin around damn fast, and when they mess, up, the hammer will hit the ground, but since theyre going so fast, theyll continue on the revolutions despite the fact the spin is totally off plane now. and then when they let go with absolutely no control, the things goes anywhere it damn well pleases, and everyone ducks even though id doesnt get outside of the cage (one actually got stuck up in the mesh about 20 feet above the ground) but if one of those hits you, youwould die, i dont know exactly how heavy they are, but im gonna say over ten pounds, and with a good throw, they implant themselves solidly in the ground, no part of the ball visible...very scary, im just glad i wasnt the one out in the feild holding the tape, i just had to make sure it was in the center of the circle...so yeah, asides from the weight on the wire, they are quite different from poi...

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!