Forums > Social Chat > Where do you hide your poi?

Login/Join to Participate

soldaribusy-tofu!
133 posts

Posted:
I seem to have misplaced my poi set -rather I think they've eloped- and I'm running out of ideas of where to look ubbcrying. I've checked at home and at work and can't seem to find any trace of them, so far I've looked:

under my bed (under my pillows, between the sheets, between the mattress and the bed frame) behind the couch, in my guitar case, in my closet, in my drawers, in my laundry bin, in my packed boxes (yeas, I unpacked and repacked them all). in my trash-bin, in the mailbox, in my lunch-box, in my junk-box, in the pharmacy, in my pantry, in the fridge, in the tub, behind the toilet, in my boots and pockets, in my school-bag, in my X-mas tuque...

And then at work I went through everybody's drawers, I looked in the back-store, the photocopy-room, and on everybody's chair and desk and garbage pail, in the couches, in the fake plants, on window ledges, I have no more inspiration.
confusedWhere have you lost or found your poi? ubbidea All crazy ideas and suggestions are welcome.

there is no better way to say I love you than with the gift of a spatula!

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
My frogs are usually living somewhere in my car. Have you checked under the seats and in the corners of the trunk?

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
did you check in the dryer? perhaps the dryer monster ate them with all those socks. ooh, who was it that lost their big gay socks? maybe they are with them!

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

soldaribusy-tofu!
133 posts

Posted:
I'll go check if they ran away to the laundromat, but I doubt it... they don't have much clothes to wash, you see? And my Hot-Wheels are way too small for them to fit inside... But I've made a poster to find the little guys; if they were lost at work I should find them again soon.

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Ooh, i had that problem the other day. Couldn't find them anywhere, and then saw the dog wandering round the house with them in his mouth! eek He'd been sitting on them the whole time i was looking for them. ubblol

I've had the reverse effect with my juggling balls however. I had 6, and took them to Joes (sixsteps) for the weekend. I lost one and couldn't find it anywhere, so returned home with only 5. ubbcrying
BUT, i put them in the garage, and when i went in there the other day (looking for my poi), I had 6 again! biggrin biggrin biggrin
Think i have a juggling ball breeding ground there! I'm aiming for 8 balls by xmas!

Good luck with finding your poi. biggrin

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

originalsmitSILVER Member
addict
469 posts
Location: nottingham, england. cornwall wales denmark or pra...

Posted:
yeah i went out doing poi one night and left them on the field where i was poing, poing?poi'ing, whatever
then realised two days later and actually manged to find them again, two days in the frost and snow hadnt done them much good but they are still going.
now i keep my poi sets hanging on nails i hammered into the wall of my bedroom, most of the house and me smell of parrafin most of the time so i dont mind having smelly poi near me.
just as long as they arent smouldering.
pray to St micheal the patron saint of lost things. its what do when i get frustratedly lost things. generally only out of desparation.
is their a patron saint of poi???
should we make one??
maybe ill start a new thread.

my original signature was tooo long.
this one is shorter

headspintotalmember
80 posts

Posted:
I think you should check the local pub. Many a time I have gone home pissed without them but found the landlady practising with them the following morning.

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
Under a bush is normally a good place. Any bush will do...

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
Behind the huge green crappy boiler in the airing cupboard, they fall between the holes in the airing racks, maybe behind your boiler?

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

soldaribusy-tofu!
133 posts

Posted:
After praying to the patron all things lost I put up this poster all over my office:

Non-Https Image Link

It turns out the janitor had found them and taken them not knowing what they were, but now they're back home ubblove

Thanks for all your tips!!! I had never thought about looking for them at the pub before, but I know it's bound to happen. I'll know for next time ubbrollsmile

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
Do they really look like that??? Wooooow

Or am I being dumb?

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Oh, your poi are sooo cute !
I could never spin them- i'd just sit and hug them! ubbangel

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

soldaribusy-tofu!
133 posts

Posted:
well they essentially look like that; I added a glint in their eyes so who ever saw them would feel sorry and bring them back soon (looks like it worked). I'll try and see if I can get a picture of the little guys smile

headspintotalmember
80 posts

Posted:
hooray you have your poi back and you didnt even get to the pub on your search