Page:
KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Hey All,At work and as you are well you know you are bored right...so I was looking out my 10th floor window of the little office cubicle I sit in, watching the activities of the city. I was just thinking, how much of a hive, the human race is. Always working for someone else. Someone higher up...Anyway.. thinking along those lines I was beginning to think about Conspiracy theories, like TV as a propaganda machine - What better way to control the masses.I have to say the more I see the Matrix, the more real the ideas in it become to me. So... I was wondering to you fellow HOPers what do you think about conspiracy theories and what ones have you heard…..good ones?…bad ones?...totally stupid off the planet ones… and especially the ones that you think - well hey man that could really be true ….shit...scary….!!Yikes....!!------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I heard tell he was a giant chicken....

Meh

Neekomember
68 posts

Posted:
A chicken!?! That's ridiculous...

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Bender - if you assume the universe is infinitely large, then mathematically there must be an infinite number of beings out there that look and act exactly like you do. Does this also mean that somewhere out there there is a being that is more like you than you are yourself?

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Look brethen, as I told you at the secret meeting, Bendy is getting way too close to the "real truth". We're going to have to kill him.------------------C@ntusThere's only one way of life and that's your own.

Meh

nattymember
14 posts

Posted:
WOO WOW WOW!!!! never read so many great theories before! what about this:life is a kind of test that we all have to do. we are tested on the ability to expand our minds. the aim of all is to get your mind growing. if you reached a definite level you are ready to change into another kind of being. this change is what we are calling death. if you were not able to reach this level you have to live again untill you learned enough. this new beings are living in space,as little bundles from soul and energy. tehy look down on the humans on earth and appear sometimes. that is what we call ufo's.i really believe in that. now i've less fear to die.

###surrounded by natty###

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
I was wrong about the age of Noah, but I found the chapter that lists all the ages. Genesis 5:3 through 5:32.Adam - died at 930 yearsSeth - died at 912 yearsEnosh - died at 912 yearsKenan - died at 910 yearsMahalalel - died at 895 yearsJared - died at 962 yearsEnoch - did not officially "die". At 365 years god transported him directly to heaven with none of the mess and bother of dieing.Methususelah - died at 969 yearsLamech (father of Noah) - died at 777 yearsAs for Noah, though, I can't seem to find his age at death, or any mention of his death, for that matter. All it mentions is that he was at the age of 500 years when his first child was born.

Jesus helps me trick people.

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
that brings up something I've wonderd about since I was a kid.So Noah and his family took two of every animal, and from that they repopulated the entire planet, obviously causing a huge amount of inbreeding. So in the book of Genesis it lists all these people who lived almost a thousand years, but isn't one of the major side affects of inbreeding the dramatic shortening of life expectancy? Also that it lessens intelligence (maybe why humans only use ten percent of our brain), and that it causes birth defects, mutations, and a predisposition toward disease. *cough*I dunno, I'm not a Christian, nor am I thinking incredibly straight at the moment. It's just something I've wonderd about from time to time.------------------If you love something, set it on fire.

Jesus helps me trick people.

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
In the book Jurassic Park, they brought dinosaurs back to life. But hey, it's just a book tongueInbreeding can lead to doubling of dangerous/undesired recessive genes. These may not be very common so the likelyhood of an individual getting 2 copies of the gene from an outcross is unlikely and because they are recessive, 2 copies are required. Also similar genes can lead to genetic crossovers which can result in lost gene segments. This can reduce the functionality of the gene or even disable it completely. However, none of these are certainties, it is just more likely with inbreeding. The ancient Egyptian royal families were strict inbreeders.

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
They way that imbreading problem was explained to me was that the gene pool was a lot cleaner back then, so to speek. None the less we all came from Adam and Eve so heck we are all imbread and not just those ppl from Verginia. winkI guess I need to read Genesis a little bit better then [image]https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/images/icons/smile.gif">------------------[/image] By angel hands to valor given,Thy stars have lit the welkin dome, And all their hues were born in heaven!Forever wave that standard sheet, Where breathes the toe but falls before usWith freedom's soil beneath our feet And freedom's banner streaming o'er us!"Albert J. Beveridge

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

Janglamember
155 posts

Posted:
The universe is NOT infinitely large - FACT. It has been generally agreed (and to a ceratin extent, proven) that the universe is expanding and therefore cannot be infinitely large.---------------------------------------"With a bit of luck, his life was ruined; always thinking that just behind some narrow door, in his favourite bars, men in red woolen suits are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know."

---------------------With a bit of luck, his life was ruined; always thinking that just behind some narrow door, in his favourite bars, men in red woolen suits are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Bezerker - Do a search on Nicholas Hawksmoor and see if you can find anything. There's a book, called Hawksmoor as well. Basically Hawksmoor built a lot of buildings and churches in London, and most of them contain occult symbols. The church spires are more like obelisks, monuments to the sun god Belinos. The facades are based on ancient temples. And you join the dots of his churches on a map, and you get a pentagram.And Jangla, did you see that documentary the other night about the universe, universal membranes and the 11th dimension. Enough to blow your mind! Basically the theory went into multiple universes and can explain the origin of the universe, the source of the big bang. And at the end this guys says, yeah we probably can create our own universes!The truth is far stranger than fiction!

Twirl'N'BurnBooojakasha
121 posts

Posted:
Here is something to think about. You cannot build a ladder that would go on forever, you would run out of materieals.Now realate this to the universe. The universe cannot possibly go on forever, you would run out of materieals. But what happens when you reach the end ? There has to be something on the other side. Even nothing constitutes something.

Simply an excuse to play with fire.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
The theory is that the universe exists in 11 dimensions, all screwed up into each other. The entire universe might exist as a super thin membrane floating in the 11th dimension. This membrane could be looped round on itself. If a ladder is a 4 dimensional object within 11 dimensional space then it can't really be used as an analogy for that 11 dimensional space.Or the universe ends where it ends. After that there is nothing because nothing is there. Nothing really is nothing. Even empty space between the galaxies contains trace particles. However if you drove a spaceship to 'outside' the universe then what you've done is expand the universe to that space.It's a massive headf**k, but it really is amazingly beautiful.

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
The universe could be a sphere. As you reach the surface you get close to the edge as you break the surface, you re-enter the sphere at the exact opposite point."What's at the end of Main St?""Silly, the end of Main street is just the beginning again!"You can add to an infinite value, it is just that the answer is also infinite.Jangla let me rephrase my idea:If there are infinite *dimensions*, then there must be infinite possibilities....etc. Does that mean that it is possible that there is someone more like you than you are? smile

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
sorry Phule, you are slightly wrong about one thing, wink there is another source of heat for the planets of the solar system, it is called "radioactive decay" and it is responsible for the production of considerable heat. Being heavier than most elements, the radioactive ones tend to be near the core of most planets, thus some of the interior heat of a planet comes from radioactive decay. just a minor point though...oh yea, the stars also provide a small but noticable amount of light (moonless night without clouds...) just picking at technicalities though... wink

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
Speaking of conspiracies, regardless of the people responsible, the effects of the 9/11 attack are the same, a reduction of privacy and civil liberties. Some people think back to the previouse administrations who pissed off these muslims (because of greed for oil and money) and then allowed them to come over here and blow our sh_t up. So regardless of the methods, the same people are responsible.... that being the super, turbo, rich people. Either they did it on their own, they pissed these people off and let it happen, or they are taking full advantage of the incident, whatever, they are still out to make us slaves and give themselves all the power and money. Ok, I'm going to stop now because I don't want to get to close to the truth and have to end up running for my life...again...or worse...cause it sucks to have to be looking over your shoulder all the time. And if somebody truely wants you dead the only way to excape (short of hiding in the wilderness) is to vanish from society and leave your identity behind.

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Remember, the moon has no atmosphere so even though the sky is black, it doesn't mean the sun is not out.The light from stars can't be seen during the day time, the reflection off the moon is also next to nothing while the sun is up. The earth is bigger than the moon, and yet from the moon, the light off the earth is nothing compared to the sun.Considering how much brighter the moon is to the next brightest thing in the night sky (Sirius - the dog star) and that the earth would be even brighter, the distant stars give off an insignificant amount of light. smile

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
And conspiracies and governments?... Well, just wondering who else in Australia thinks the Libs were "wagging the dog" with the boat people thing before the last election... hmmmm

purplemonkeymember
8 posts

Posted:
Wowee.. Some great conspiracies here. My brain is leaking.Anybody here read Illuminatus? My ex boyfriend was obsessed with the number 23, and reading that book didn't help him. That's one thing that stuck with me from him, though. That number is everywhere. It's scary. He wrote a bunch of it down for me.. I'll have to find it and share with you guys.------------------LillyMy finger is an instrument of death!

LillyMy finger is an instrument of death!

2,905 posts

Posted:
By far one of my favorite topics to debate is the origin of the universe, now unless someone come out right and says somthing with the direct intention to insult me I will not blow up or intentionally cause someone a great deal of distress, so any hoo.Dom you brought up the theory of the big bang, now my favorite way to dispute that theory is this...What would be easyer to make a universe or a house? Duh house.So take everything you need to build a house, wood, brick, glass, linolium, (I like that word c'mon say it with me... linolium)wire, doors, pipes, ect ect ect. Put all of that on a nuke and hit the magic button. I garunte that nomatter how many times you do it you will never build a house by useing an explosion! Thats just a house, think about it a universe is way more complex heck just look at one cell from any form of life on earth and your going to tell me that some giant nuke will make the universe haha.I really feel that any one who says the universe is not infinate to be rather a koo koo. Man has not been outside of our own solar system, how in the world can man even pretend to know where the universe ends or begins or even if it does. I do find it funny that some people can see an absolute truth on a subject as broad as the universe but with a topic like drugs see no absolute truth what so ever.------------------"Flag of the free heart's hope and home By angel hands to valor given,Thy stars have lit the welkin dome, And all their hues were born in heaven!Forever wave that standard sheet, Where breathes the toe but falls before usWith freedom's soil beneath our feet And freedom's banner streaming o'er us!"Albert J. Beveridge

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
An assumption is made about the house. It must look like a house and be what we generally consider a house. Without any preconceived idea of what a universe *should* be like, the result of the big bang would represent the universe no matter what resulted.Mathematically speaking, if the explosion was performed an infinite number of times, a house *would* be the result an infinite number of times. Just because something might be unlikely, with a probability of 1 in 10000000000000... doesn't mean it is impossible.The old adage that if you sat enough monkeys at enough typewriters long enough, they would reproduce the collected works of Shakespeare is true - if you allow only for pure maths and logic.However if you also bring into the calculation, the retention of larger building blocks (eg words, sentences, paragraphs etc) that the monkeys had typed (similar to the collection of elements into planets or evolutionary speaking: atoms into molecules, into amino acids into proteins into cells...), then the production of Shakespeares works would happen a lot quicker. smileAn argument against creation is that if an all powerful being created the universe then why would it take a week? Indeed why would it take any time at all? Wouldn't that being have created time too? And if it could not do it instantaneously then it could not be all powerful, since it is being governed by time itself!

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Yep Bendy, ever since the libs got re-elected, notice how we keep losing stuff? cricket, footy, tennis, etc...I reckon we only won gold in the winter olympics, 'cause the libs aren't doing well, and the gods, once again, are shining on us... wink

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Ade - yeah that's 2 golds now, somethings up!

2,905 posts

Posted:
Look at the physics of an explosion. When an explosion happens things go outward, not inward. Lets take your example of criket, from my limited knowlege of criket you have a guy that is a pitcher (tech term I dont know) and how he throws the ball that the sticks right...? Well say I am that pitcher if I turn 180 degrees and throw the ball there is no way that the ball can hit those sticks. It is just not physically possible. The same thing with an explosion it is just not physically possible to explode something and have it make anything but a mess. Granted with pure logic a monkey can type the works of shakespear (I herd it different but your way works too), but can an earth worm do it, I think not. It lacks the mental capeability, the muscle structure and other things, the same with the big bang theory there is no logic that an explosion could build something. "It is illogical Capt'n."... " His thought patteren indicates 2 dimentional thinking." hehe *sings*Star trekin accross the universe,always going forwards cuz we can't find revers.*stops scaring the masses*------------------"Flag of the free heart's hope and home By angel hands to valor given,Thy stars have lit the welkin dome, And all their hues were born in heaven!Forever wave that standard sheet, Where breathes the toe but falls before usWith freedom's soil beneath our feet And freedom's banner streaming o'er us!"Albert J. Beveridge

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
The physics behind the big bang are not like a conventional explosion. It involves quantum physics and a whole lot of stuff that I don't really understand. The big bang theory does not say that there was a single explosion. Rather that it happened in many places at once and the galaxies are still moving apart. Besides if you put enough materials for 1,000,000 houses in the explosion then the debris could be collected in piles large enough to create a house. Just a theory. smile

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
As I said before, you can't equate the big bang, possibly a 11 dimensional event where the laws of physics were reduced to quantum level, to a 4 dimensional event like an explosion. It's like comparing a horse to a car. They both move things about, but just because you can take a car to pieces and put it back together again, doesn't mean you can take a horse to pieces and put it back together again.And it took about 15 billion years to get from the big bang to a house. The big bang created a universe full of hydrogen, helium and energy, nothing more. From those building blocks we eventually got a house.Anyway, this is physics, not conspiracy theories!I'm still working through that David Icke site. Mad!

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Dom - "doesn't mean you can take a horse to pieces and put it back together again."Yeah - that's what they want you to believe. It's actually quite possible to ###### and then ##### ##### ########### with a horse. I have seen it done by a Dr ##### ###### at #######. Of course if the ### ever realises what I have just told you they will ###### me, censor my post and ### ###### ##### my friends and family[This message has been edited by ##### ###### (edited 19 February 2002).]

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
Doesn't that mean, like my old granny used to say:"You can take a horse to pieces, but you cant make it drink."Dom, I can take anything to pieces (natural talent for it). Love to have a go at taking a car to bits. but theres no way I'd be able to put one back together not even in 11 dimensions, I'd have loads of little bits left over.Help, if I practiced a lot, and got a copy of the Haynes manual for horses I could put a horse back together. IS that what vets can do?Bendy (nice one) The MIB have been censoring you again.[This message has been edited by glass (edited 20 February 2002).][This message has been edited by glass (edited 20 February 2002).]

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Now, Haynes manuals are a conspiracy! Haynes manuals basically tell you how to take a brand new, clean, unrusted car and dismantle it for whatever reason (possibly to fix it).However not even a fool takes a new car to pieces to fix it as they'd rather a professional touch their shiny, brand new car. So the only people to buy a Haynes manual are the sort who've had to buy a crappy old car and can't afford to get it fixed at a garage.Due to the fact that your car looks nothing like the Haynes manual version of your car you'll proably mess up, and need to spend even more money at a garage to get it put back together properly.So, there's a conspiracy for you. Haynes manuals are being paid by garages to create more work wink

swiftythefireguymember
61 posts

Posted:
HEY HERE IS WHAT I THINK DESTRUCTION CREATION - - - - DEATH - HATE LIFE - LOVE THERE ARE TWO CYCLES ONE OF DESTRUCTION ONE OF CREATIONWICH ONE ARE YOUTHATS WHAT COUNTS LOVE YA ALL

dont ever ask me whta time it is ?where are we? or are we there yet? because the time is now!we here !and we wil never be there !

Page: