Page:
KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Hey All,At work and as you are well you know you are bored right...so I was looking out my 10th floor window of the little office cubicle I sit in, watching the activities of the city. I was just thinking, how much of a hive, the human race is. Always working for someone else. Someone higher up...Anyway.. thinking along those lines I was beginning to think about Conspiracy theories, like TV as a propaganda machine - What better way to control the masses.I have to say the more I see the Matrix, the more real the ideas in it become to me. So... I was wondering to you fellow HOPers what do you think about conspiracy theories and what ones have you heard…..good ones?…bad ones?...totally stupid off the planet ones… and especially the ones that you think - well hey man that could really be true ….shit...scary….!!Yikes....!!------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Orange Juice gives you cancer! So does eating right and exorcising daily!Life is a sexually transmitted deasese!If thats not a conspiracy I dont know what is.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Well, I could tell you... but then I would have to kill you.... wink

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Excorcising daily? Doesn't bode well for the priesthood does it?I resisted that for ages but I couldn't help myself - sorry Phule!

Meh

2,905 posts

Posted:
Cantus you umm lost me on that one, so no apology needed.HMM more thought went into it, are refering to my spelling? Yep you sure were. Everyone knows that I think that spellcheck is of the devil.[This message has been edited by Raymund Phule (edited 13 February 2002).]

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Maybe most conspiracy theories, like religions, are a psycholigical method whereby people attempt to persuade themselves that there is more to the world and their lives than there actually is. A reason for the lack of control we hold over our lives.We are merely sparks in the darkness than will quickly fade and leave nothing but a retinal after image, and even that will soon fade. We would like to believe that we are part of a bright bonfire, carried on a meaningful wind.[This message has been edited by -Dom- (edited 14 February 2002).]

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
Well gee Dom, that kinda makes me sad.I like to think that my life is meaningful- to the people in it. Family and friends are a lot different than co-workers, and I for one have many that I care very much about.I am not a retinal after image- I hope you won't be either.------------------Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
i dont watch TV.it rots the brain and leads the thoughts...

anyone got a light?

Janglamember
155 posts

Posted:
Kat - I know the feeling. I usually get that feeling when I'm in a new town or country. I look around me and see lives sprawling out before me. People doing things and going places and I think what it would be like to have their memories and thoughts for just one second...One of the most famous theories doing the rounds is the lunar landing theory.If you look at the photo's from the landing you will notice a few anomalies.The main one relates to the very famous photo of one of the astronauts - a full length shot taken from the front. The shadow cast by the 'naut lies at a 45 degree angle to his left i.e. it's on the right side of the photo, closer to the camera than the 'naut.Here comes the wierd thing - the astronaut is fully lit from the front. Not something you would find strange with todays cameras. But when you consider the fact thay had no flash, you begin to wonder...Many photographers have examined the photo and none can explain why the astronaut is lit from the front and yet casts a shadow forward too when there was only one light source - the sun.Go figure.---------------------------------------"With a bit of luck, his life was ruined; always thinking that just behind some narrow door, in his favourite bars, men in red woolen suits are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know."[This message has been edited by Jangla (edited 14 February 2002).]

---------------------With a bit of luck, his life was ruined; always thinking that just behind some narrow door, in his favourite bars, men in red woolen suits are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know.

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Jangla - the arguments for the lunar conspiracy have been debunked. In regards to the shadows, there are actually 2 light sources: the sun and the moon itself. For more detail check out this site

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Oh Bendy...Ok well now that you have just crapped on that theory, you have to come up or write the next one... grin*twidles thumbs while she waits*------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

2,905 posts

Posted:
Actually Bendy the moon is not a source of light, ir reflects light thus not the source. The sun is the source. In our particuler solar system there is only one source for light and heat. If the moon was a source of light there would be no dark side.------------------"Flag of the free heart's hope and home By angel hands to valor given,Thy stars have lit the welkin dome, And all their hues were born in heaven!Forever wave that standard sheet, Where breathes the toe but falls before usWith freedom's soil beneath our feet And freedom's banner streaming o'er us!"Albert J. Beveridge

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Ray - If there was no dark side then where did Vader come from? tongueTrue about the sun being the original source of the light, but relative to the astronauts the reflection of the light off the moon is a "source" (just like a full moon lights the night).I prefer to debunk conspiracy theories rather than start them, but since it is my turn then ok...(rather tongue-in-cheek, but let's all pretend that I believe this smile and remember that some people honestly do...)The world is flat. There is proof. The conspiracy that the world is round has been perpetrated by so called "scientists" for years. Check here for more detailsOr here if you want...oh and apparently the Universe and the world were created about 6000 years ago by some almighty being, people roamed the world alongside dinosaurs and there was a 900 yr old geezer who got 2 of all the animals in the world on 1 boat and then managed to re-distribute the animals around the world and they all proliferated and lived happily ever after....Disclaimer:please don't mind me, I do not intend to offend anyone, and I feel that everyone is entitled to their own beliefs. Let's keep this about conspiracies and not get into religious debates. grin

2,905 posts

Posted:
I feel less intellegent after reading that page.------------------"Flag of the free heart's hope and home By angel hands to valor given,Thy stars have lit the welkin dome, And all their hues were born in heaven!Forever wave that standard sheet, Where breathes the toe but falls before usWith freedom's soil beneath our feet And freedom's banner streaming o'er us!"Albert J. Beveridge

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
I don't trust cats.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Janglamember
155 posts

Posted:
Bendy - and yet this God fella sent a flood to wipe out ALL the animals....what about ducks and fish? Fish have no problem, ducks just have to swim higher!If it were true the whole world would be populated by evil ducks and evil fish!Raymund - the sun is not the only source of heat - some of the planets in our system are huge spinning gas balls producing millions of kilo therms.Durbs - I don't trust any animal that can lick it's own genitals---------------------------------------"With a bit of luck, his life was ruined; always thinking that just behind some narrow door, in his favourite bars, men in red woolen suits are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know."[This message has been edited by Jangla (edited 15 February 2002).]

---------------------With a bit of luck, his life was ruined; always thinking that just behind some narrow door, in his favourite bars, men in red woolen suits are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know.

Itsgottabmember
244 posts

Posted:
our own planet is producing heat to silly, the moon probably is to.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Nah, the moon's dead heat wise. Bit of an absorbed heat from other bodies, but it reflects most of that. I think the only moons that do have internal heat are driven by the gas giants they orbit (Io, Europa, etc...) Everything loses heat slowly, and as the universe expands we'll eventually reach heat death, where everything is at almost absolute zero. Chilling thought.Anyway, gotta go, the blue meanies are after me because they know I'm the key to Dimension W, home of the Zarlons and source of eternal life....

foobaaspinning for ages
125 posts

Posted:
Well I know that the earth is actually hollow, and that there is another race of people living in the center of the earth....and this is where the ufo's come from. There is a hole in the earth at each pole, and this is where you can go in and out....the airforce have secret records of where they have flown reconisance missions into the center, over unfamiliar lands...and there are people who have travelled into there and come back, but they got put into asylems coz no one beleived them....I read this all in a book that i found in the library when I was about 13....it explained everything...but I have never seen the book since...I wish I could find it again, I think that it was simply called "the hollow earth" so if anyone else can find it....[This message has been edited by foobaa (edited 15 February 2002).]

fe fi foo fun

Solmember
33 posts

Posted:
No worries, Dom. You're safe for now- they're after me today. I can't spell very well at the moment because my lava helmet is obstructing my view and anti-gravitation cable gets stuck in my eye all the time. Have to go- seems like they got my location so I have to go behind the barricade again and unlock my plazma blaster.Will get in touch if i survive.

Sol

Solmember
33 posts

Posted:
For the main idea behind Hollow Earth theory in short www.v-j-enterprises.com/holearth.htmlHere's a photo (?): https://paranormal.about.com/gi/dynamic/o...anpicts.htmlNot
very convincing, but still...

Sol

foobaaspinning for ages
125 posts

Posted:
yeh that is the one Sol....well it never really seemed convincing at the time....but I was using it more to spin people out by seeming totally convinced by the theory just to see if I could suck them in too....it is amazing what people will agree to believe when someone else seems to totally believe, but I was just a teenager messing with other teens heads....------------------fe fi foo fun

fe fi foo fun

Chandleemember
5 posts

Posted:
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.I don't know which wise guy first said it. Maybe I've been watching too much x-files!Or maybe that's what they want you to think!

Acidmember
110 posts

Posted:
Bendythat geezer was about 100 yrs' oldnot 900duh!!!-my rabbit climbs out of it's caig at night and "hunts" the fridge.- or maybe it's just a dream...

life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans John Lennon

NaganootchAKA CLERIC
172 posts

Posted:
SANTA IS SATAN!!!The letters in both the names are the same. They both wear alot of red and Santa gives presents. Kids know they are gonna get presents and they keep wanting more. In other words they become greedy. This greed stays with them for LIFE. Greed is a sin. So basically Satan is getting all these little kids souls early on in life.

We are defined by the choices we make

Neekomember
68 posts

Posted:
Well Naganootch...if you rearrange the letters in your hometown of Staten Island, you get:"Satan Lends It" shocked Or, alternatively, you can get:"End At Ass Lint" or"Stan's Tan Deli". How do you explain all of this, hmmmm? I'm on to you.[This message has been edited by Neeko (edited 15 February 2002).]

BEZERKERenthusiast
237 posts

Posted:
Katinca....... www.davidicke.comHeaps of funny(!?) stuff here. Crazy statements like the Queen is actually a shape-shifting reptilian who drinks blood and eats children (amongst others like leading politicians, actors etc etc). But then also some VERY interesting research on symbolism. Things like photos of the architecture of the Mormon Church's head office. There's actually upside down pentagrams all over it.Strikes me as being odd that they would design and reside in a building that has statnic symbols on the outside. People saying that the 9/11 attack was perpetrated by secret society/government organisations who are trying to get civil liberties (and the human race) well under control.For many a crazy persons view look at www.nexusmagazine.com for lots of articles and links.Lots of unsubstantiated bullshit is out there. Then again some interesting anomalies show up and I think everyone can see that we are all force fed information via media to mould our perceptions on all sorts of things.Conspiracy theory is a favorite topic of mine, if any one wants to chat my email is tobynels@au1.ibm.comThe truth is nowhere!! grin

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Acid, actually Noah was told to have lived for nine hundred years and some change. I don't recall the Bible ever saying how old he was when he (supposedly) built the ark.

Jesus helps me trick people.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
The biggest conspiracy of all!....One of the most beautiful moments of my life were spent in Toolangi national forest while drooling in front of a campfire when i revealed all the hidden dimensions of the universe and realised that i was being watched by all the other beings from all the other universes out there at that moment who were doing the same ****** at that same moment in time. then god/me revealed that time, space and life are all none and all one. Ever since that night i fear death less as i now suspect that we are all the same being but we just don't realise that after each when you/i die, we're all reborn as each other - just just forget. This is a difficult to express without telepathy, which i was using at the time. And I've never been the same since that conspiracy/truth was revealed! I have no religion but i believe that the same way others believe in fire and brimstone."And now here's Tom with the weather."- Bill Hicks------------------"He shall know your ways as if born to them"-Fremen prophecy

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

2,905 posts

Posted:
The Bible never comes out and says Noah was x number of years days and seconds but going but some mathmatical equation and the list of generations given in Numbers and dueteronimy they gesstimate that he was about 600 plus. I forget the name of the guy who was 900 something but it wasnt Noah.

2,905 posts

Posted:
The Bible never comes out and says Noah was x number of years days and seconds but going but some mathmatical equation and the list of generations given in Numbers and dueteronimy they gesstimate that he was about 600 plus. I forget the name of the guy who was 900 something but it wasnt Noah.------------------"Flag of the free heart's hope and home By angel hands to valor given,Thy stars have lit the welkin dome, And all their hues were born in heaven!Forever wave that standard sheet, Where breathes the toe but falls before usWith freedom's soil beneath our feet And freedom's banner streaming o'er us!"Albert J. Beveridge

Page: