Forums > Social Chat > what's with the new posts not going away?

Login/Join to Participate

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
ok i know narr is also having this problem. the new post reminder won't go away after i read it. i'm getting all sorts of confused! ubblol i was all fine without it on the old board, but now that i have it, i can't function with it not working!!!! ack!!!!

ok so seriously, is this happening to everyone? a glitch that will (hopefully?!) be worked out?

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
It's working all fine and dandy for me O.o'

Sorry it's not though!!

hughughug

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
I'm getting that too.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
I just added one and saw something that said the reminders would go away once I made a reply to that post...maybe that's why? That message went away before I could finish reading it though...

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
we weren't talking PMs, or at least I wasn't. but now the glitch is gone - at least for me for now.

-v-

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
I wasn't either... I went to the bottom of a post, clicked on the little reminder finger, and got that notice along with it being added to a section on my home...

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
ahh, not what I was experiencing either. I was getting something where, say on the social discusion page (for example) listing the threads page, none of the threads were updating how many new posts had been added since the last time I visited the thread. For example, it was saying I still hadn't seen 17 on Pounces home thread when in fact I had just been there and there was only one new one.

perhaps the glitches are related?

-v-

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
ya that's what i'm getting, whether i've read the thread, or responded to the thread, or not. it's driving me nuts! but it fixed for you vanize? argh, it's been like for me for the last 6 hours or so.

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
actually, it is sort of coming and going - your intro thread sems to be particularly bad at doing it. Lightnings too.

-v-

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
:bump:
was this ever figured out, cause it is doing it to me

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
Oh, it's nothing to worry about. HoP has always had a problem with that, as you can tell by the date of the original post. It's no more than a nuisance.

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

AurinkoBRONZE Member
hello!
1,034 posts

Posted:
it's also doing this to me, but I'll just live with that. It's like having spots or colleagues you don't like.

a swapped test-playboy, set free by NOn, idolizing the tea fairy; Dragosani spiritual freedom agreement reached 18th Sept 2006