Page:
Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Since Dom decided to say on a different topic "God, don't go into drugs here as well!" I feel that it is my duty as a professonal devils advocate to start this topic.Are you for or against the use/legalisation of drugs or controled substances?Personally I fell that (this is a quote from a diff topic) "Makeing drugs leagle wont stop crime and ODs. Did allowing alcohol stop dwi deaths and countless people being killed due to some drunk and a car. Hell no it didnt. Personally I feel that we need to take the war on drugs in a different direction. I think that stiffer punishments would be best. I think that America should follow Singapore's example PUBLIC CAINING!!! I can not think of a better deturent than the threat of haveing your naked ass whipped with a pole in full view of anyone who wants to tune in and watch. Also it should be an act of terrorisim to bring or grow/make drugs into/in America. That punishment would be death. I think that the best way to admister the punishment on that accorde would be disembowlement. Make it so the penalty is so stiff that nobody would want to risk it. Heck after the first few I think that people would start to get the point, but then again mankind (P.C. womankind ) is generally thick headed."[This message has been edited by Raymund Phule (edited 12 February 2002).]

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

BEZERKERenthusiast
237 posts

Posted:
Wow!I've been watching and posting on this board for nearly a year now and NEVER has there been the kind of flaming that was presented in this post. This is a site of PEACE. We all are a part of an ART FORM. To see someone come in and start these kinds arguments and make these kinds of statements is saddening. I implore the mods and Malcom to consider the direction this 'friendly debate/discussion' environment could head with this kind of attitude coming in to an already touchy subjects that have previously been handled with respect (although a little heated smile). What I've read has nearly made me turn my back and leave what has been a WONDERFUL resource for opinion.Spin on Ray, I hope martial law is never announced in the States or I will be seriously fearful of the outcome with people like you behind conventional weapons.

SmokyDavySILVER Member
Do my poi look too small in this?
394 posts

Posted:
this discussion is moving way too fast for me to keep up.It seems we have a US marine who'se very anti-drugs.. (big surprise)Its very unfortunate what happened to you Raymund. I hope you realize though that with proper regulations people wouldn't have that happen right?People used to die all over the place (still do) from moonshine and home-made liquor. The idea is a joke nowadays, home-made moonshine making you go blind and die of alchohol poisoning. Thats where those designer drugs were most likely brewed up as well.Someone also mentioned that you don't fight laws by breaking them. Actually that is the number 1 way that laws are changed. Both historically and currently, laws are changed because someone challenges them as unconstitutional or whatever after being charged with that crime.Anyways, its now been proven in over almost a dozen different countries that harm reduction and education is a much more effective method to fight the "war on drugs". And it costs less, you won't have bush shelling out 20 billion to afghanistan to get them to stop selling heroine and opium.

2,905 posts

Posted:
BEZERKER, I am sorry that you feel that way, if you feel that you sould leave due to one idiot with a big mouth (yes I was refering to myself) then by all means carry out your findish plan. By the way just so you know, those conventional weapons that you speek of, well my job in the Corps is fixing and maintaining those weapons. Yep you heard right I work in an armory and keep a M9 9mm Berretta straped to the side of my chest, loaded with an extra magazine, and if you look at MCO 1700 dealing with the security of weapons you will read that I also carry that pistole with a round in the chamber, honestly all I have to do is take the weapon off safe and squeez the trigger. Now let me tell you something, when it comes to weapons I do not joke around. I am damn serius about my job and take no crap from anybody when it comes to my weapons, my billot as an armourer allows me to (within reason) boss every rank out there. I have not had to pull my weapon out of the holster but I have pushed someone around that was quite a few ranks higher than me. So I say that someone like myself would be the best thing to have behind a conventional weapon. You and I and alot of other people know that I have a big mouth and a short temper, that is all a big mouth. I must admit I am more bark than bite, make no mistake I dont mind the occasional bite but I think we all feel a little stress relief after chewing on sombody. I didn't start this topic to pick a fight. There was no intention on that part but I do not like someone attacking myself nor my fellow Marines. (keeping with the dog persona) So you had better believe that I will bite someone when they attempt to hit my master. We are a band of brothers. I would die for any Marine out there with out thought of color, religion, prior or current drug use. Why? Because I would expect nothing less from that Marine. I am a devil dog a Trufulhunden. Show some respect, because its people like me that might just save your life one day!SmokyBowl, thank you for your sympothy and you are right about the moonshine. You do have a point about people challenging the law but you shouldnt break it then challenge it should be the other way around. Challenge then you wont have to break it!Thank you for your time and I hope I wasnt too harsh.------------------"Flag of the free heart's hope and home By angel hands to valor given,Thy stars have lit the welkin dome, And all their hues were born in heaven!Forever wave that standard sheet, Where breathes the toe but falls before usWith freedom's soil beneath our feet And freedom's banner streaming o'er us!"Albert J. Beveridge

tonemanmember
195 posts

Posted:
To qoute_____________________________________Since Dom decided to say on a different topic "God, don't go into drugs here as well!" I feel that it is my duty as a professonal devils advocate to start this topic.Are you for or against the use/legalisation of drugs or controled substances?Personally I fell that (this is a quote from a diff topic) "Makeing drugs leagle wont stop crime and ODs. Did allowing alcohol stop dwi deaths and countless people being killed due to some drunk and a car. Hell no it didnt. Personally I feel that we need to take the war on drugs in a different direction. I think that stiffer punishments would be best. I think that America should follow Singapore's example PUBLIC CAINING!!! I can not think of a better deturent than the threat of haveing your naked ass whipped with a pole in full view of anyone who wants to tune in and watch. Also it should be an act of terrorisim to bring or grow/make drugs into/in America. That punishment would be death. I think that the best way to admister the punishment on that accorde would be disembowlement. Make it so the penalty is so stiff that nobody would want to risk it. Heck after the first few I think that people would start to get the point, but then again mankind (P.C. womankind ) is generally thick headed."___________________________________________this sounds like picking a fight to me....

2,905 posts

Posted:
Well well, Toneman is trying to use my words against me. COOL!! smile Actually some of that was sarcasim "I think that the best way to admister the punishment on that accorde would be disembowlement." Was sarcasim. I am sorry you didnt see it that way. But if you see what I said before that as picking a fight, your more defensive than I am. I started this topic to be coy and just for shitz and giggles. Never in my mind did I ever think that someone like Itsgottab would say something to me that was that offencive, none the less he did and that led to the downfall of the topic. Actually it was my reply but none the less the topic went down hill.------------------"Flag of the free heart's hope and home By angel hands to valor given,Thy stars have lit the welkin dome, And all their hues were born in heaven!Forever wave that standard sheet, Where breathes the toe but falls before usWith freedom's soil beneath our feet And freedom's banner streaming o'er us!"Albert J. Beveridge

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
well in my opinion all things should be legal as long as you dont impede on another persons personal liberty or freedom and or safety

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Blimey.. good thread to bump! grin
Had forgotten about Raymund Phule.

brenonfire413SILVER Member
Fire Spinner Exarch
514 posts

Posted:
Damn, epic topic war. Hey Unscrupulous let's keep it going! I'll start: umm..... I don't approve of whatever you do and because I know I'm right, that must mean you're wrong and don't try and tell me differently because I knew somebody once who had stuff similar happen. I also have access to faith and weaponry so if we were ever to meet in real life, that might prove troublesome possibly. Okay, now it's your turn! tongue2

"Are you sure it's safe to drink bleach?"
"Yes, bleach is 90% water, we are 90% water, therefore: we are bleach."
-Nathan Explosion, Metalocalypse

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Ohhh... I had to log in just to post this...

Nice bump indeed!!

Flame wars and hippies smile

Getting to the other side smile

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Wow a Raymund Phule topic! Oh the memories! laugh3

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
har har... I wonder how many other old lurkers this thread will inspire to come out of hiding?

smile

Getting to the other side smile

Fire Spinner Exarch
514 posts

Posted:
Epic flame wars, board raids, uncensored swearing; Damn, I came into this forum too late, I've missed a lot of drama that's just pure comic gold "Oh everyone who doesn't agree with me here is an idiot! OMG why are people all ganging up on me, what did I do??? hur hur hur!"

Dr.BabsSILVER Member
20% more: DIET ASBESTOSĀ©
34 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: brenonfire413Epic flame wars, board raids, uncensored swearing; Damn, I came into this forum too late, I've missed a lot of drama that's just pure comic gold "Oh everyone who doesn't agree with me here is an idiot! OMG why are people all ganging up on me, what did I do??? hur hur hur!"
ditto.
I am laughing so damn hard right now! grin

triptricianSILVER Member
UFO Spotting
350 posts

Posted:
everyone is ganging up on you brennonfire cause it is me that has the right opinion and everyone else is wrong so nah na na nana na! hehehe

would rather have a bottle-in-front-of-me than a frontal lobotomy

"The dangers of life are infinate and among them is safety"(geothe)

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
well i'm glad i "bumped" this thread if it brings good memories to people i was just perusing the forums and this topic just said post me

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
skin up smile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Ping

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Pong!

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
I had almost no drugs at our Regional burn this last weekend, awesome weekend....oh yeah i was plastered too...

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

JaredWSILVER Member
enthusiast
375 posts

Posted:
I didn't even get plastered over the weekend, was pretty much sober the whole time. I'll make up for it soon though laugh3

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
I've never done drugs before. I want to try pot though, not gona lie angel I know people who I could do it with (my ex knows a lot laugh3 ) But I have drank, not in quite a while though. 2-3 months I think. I need to make it up grin

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
*gives SoD a roll* Take this and we will talk about how awesome I am in about 30 mins.

The popcorn extends life... The popcorn expands consciousness...

Smurf24029GOLD Member
Poi Master Smurf
343 posts

Posted:
So I have read nothing of this topic but I have input on the topic. I started poi while I was high and continues to associate it with drugs (particularly acid) Sense those days I have grown alot and have realized to true feeling of poi and what it is to ME. Now I am offended when poi is associatted with drugs. I only smoke pot and drink now. No more hard censored for me, it does truely lead nowhere, no matter what you think. I no work and pay rent and I am so much happier and on better terms with my parents. Now they buy me poi stuff for christmas and bday stuff. Getting new chains and socks.

Fly High
Spin Hard
Don't Stop

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
I dunno....some stuff makes me spinn exponentially better

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

JaredWSILVER Member
enthusiast
375 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Refuge Crew*gives SoD a roll* Take this and we will talk about how awesome I am in about 30 mins.
censored?! Where's mine? laugh3

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Where do you think I got the roll, Jared?

The popcorn extends life... The popcorn expands consciousness...

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
Lol, I need to bring glowsticks and some LED and/or sock poi when I do try. See what happens. I've tried LED poi while staggering drunk, it was fun laugh3 I could actually do more than I thought I could. I went up like I want to try this drunk and see what it's like.

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

tytyBRONZE Member
Not as fireproof as he thinks
22 posts

Posted:
Weed makes me a better technical spinner, but worse at overall flow. I can really feel what the poi are doing, and get way more involved in it, which means I often get stuck trying to "perfect" a particular move or transition.

There is other stuff that just makes me feel like the poi are extensions of my arms, and I just dance without thinking at all about what they are doing...

Fire Spinner Exarch
514 posts

Posted:
It's hard to find anything decent in Tulsa. There's too many censored meth-heads out here! I tend to stick with weed, I barely even drink anymore.

johndhaiveGOLD Member
Kebab Embalmer
316 posts

Posted:
true! meth heads are people who doesn't agree with nature... beerchug
EDITED_BY: johndhaive (1273683697)

Tam tam tam cheketitamtam, ketumpantam, ketumpan kete kete kete, tam tam tam ketumpanketey!

Page: