Forums > Social Chat > WOW first time fire dancin'...

Login/Join to Participate

cutie poi girliemember
237 posts

Posted:
i tried fire dancing for the first time Saturday nite. im lost for words. it was the scariest thing ive ever done. i loved it! grin BIIIG grin!

Luv peace 'n' chicken grease Al X x

rexmember
263 posts

Posted:
congrats CPG! addicting, huh? smileuhm.. why does the subject line on the homepage say "le Rendez-vous de l'Erdre: a Jazz Festival in Nantes, France; fire receptive" but on the thread, it says "WOW first time fire dancin'..."very confused. confusedhmm.. maybe they give out bonus points for finding bugs?

FevaGirlmember
21 posts

Posted:
I am glad to hear that you loved it! I was scared the first time as well. But you get over that and it becomes very addictive. I was out with a friend just the other night and it was his first time. He now is asking when will we spin fire again!?! smileHappy spinning! grinfevagirl wink[This message has been edited by fevagirl (edited 12 February 2002).]

Peace, Beats, Love and Light!

Acidmember
110 posts

Posted:
congrats!!!!!!spinning fire givesi u such a rushfirst time i spun i was drunk (don't try this at home) so i don't have a first spin but hearing u people makes my feel like what i would of felt the first time... try saying that in one breath...bye

life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans John Lennon

cutie poi girliemember
237 posts

Posted:
well i didn't name it that weird french thing, maybe we cld get cassandra 2 translate... Fire dancin' is so addictive i kept putting away the kero...then going to get it out and do some more...! grin grin grin

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Yippeee!!! Well done! Fire is cool and addictive!
Non-Https Image Link
You'll always remember your first spin fondly (unless you're really drunk!)The Subject name thing - It messes up sometimes. Nothing's perfect wink[This message has been edited by -Dom- (edited 13 February 2002).]

cutie poi girliemember
237 posts

Posted:
grin grin grin grin IM SO HAPEEE OH SO HAPEEE ahem. sorry about that. *shuffles feet and looks embarresed* but im just so pleased!

Dru Lee Parsecmember
78 posts

Posted:
I'm sitting here picturing Cutie Poi Girlie dancing with fire and then bouncing up and down screaming "HAPEEE, HAPEEE"[Must . . . . Not . . .Have . . . Impure . . . Thoughts. Must . . .Think . . .About . . . Puppies . . .And . . . Rainbows] wink

For a good Prime, call:29819592777931214269172453467810429868925511217482600306406141434158089

Diablostikmember
34 posts

Posted:
les Rendez-vous de l'Erdre is a large Jazz Fest in Nantes,France. I played there in September,2000. THe single best fire performance of my life was a byproduct of my being there to play music. you can find the full story in the events discussion group. ps. I left the original topic in the Social discussion in error. The lovely Pele was kind enough to move my topic to it's current resting place in the Events group. pss. NO POINTS were made in the process, she was quick.

Diablostikmember
34 posts

Posted:
Translatrion: The meeting of the Erdre.The Erdre is a spot in Nantes on the Loire river. It is lined on both sides by cafes, pubs, flats, hotels and the like. this is the Festivals centre.

cutie poi girliemember
237 posts

Posted:
err..oh. ok than... btw dru lee i wasnt actually dancing at the time...more sort of running around, rolling on the floor, getting my head bitten off by the dog... u get the picture... grin grin

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
I been fire spinning for about a week or two now - what I love about it is the sound that my poi's make WWWHHHHOOOOOSSSSSHHHH WWWWHHHHOOOOOOSSSSHHHHH - Fantastic! Makes me rush I LOVE IT!!

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

GlowWormBRONZE Member
84 posts

Posted:
OHHH! I did my first fire spin a couple of weeks ago, and it was ABSOLUTELY amazing!! I was really scared to start off with, but then a started relaxing and it was great!! I agree - you just wanna keep going back and doing some more! I'm getting my photo's developed soon, so i can finally see myself!It was soooo exciting!------------------ColesId love to be a glow-wormCuz a glow-worm's never glumIt's hard to be downheartedWhen a light shines out your bum

Coles
Id love to be a glow-worm
Cuz a glow-worm's never glum
It's hard to be downhearted
When a light shines out your bum

nattymember
14 posts

Posted:
exactly! the sound i think that was the most impressive.i did it the first time on my balcony at night. and i felt very powerfull!!!! wanted to do it again and again but were too supersticious.

###surrounded by natty###

cutie poi girliemember
237 posts

Posted:
wow natty i did it on my balcony, 2!!! spooky!

skandarrghmember
12 posts

Posted:
gotta agree with everyone here, fire poi rule hehe. borrowed a mates pair of 4" wicks and went mental and loved it wanna go do it again burn fire tasty music circles... like photos heehee wanna build a cage------------------i wanna be a rockstar :o)-------------------------warm red glow

i wanna be a rockstar :o)