Page:
PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
We all know the new game...Beat the Mods...If you get into a thread and claim a point before a Mod shuts it down, for whatever reason (repeat posting, nastiness, whatever).I will also give a bonus point to whomever is the first to also explain what the person should do, or where the person should go to get the info they are looking for.Rules are, you have to do it nicely though (PWB wink) and it has to be a thread that really stands a shot at getting locked down.In a few months time, whomever has the most points, I will get something from the shop and have it sent to you!Why I think this is a good idea, of course, less work for the mods! grin I also think it promotes following the rules in a comical way, and allows the old schoolers to do more than direct traffic! smile It will also keep mods on thier toes, and gives us an idea of threads that you feel repeat when we question it.Remember, it's all in fun...no full contact point extraction! smileI will just keep updating this thread once a week or so.Right now....Bendy...... 2PWB........ 1Supafly.... 1NYC........ 1 (and kudos for inventing the game, btw NYC)WelcomeMatt..... 1Thanks all for helping out! wink------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
point! wink j/kMight I also suggest:No posting of threads for the sole purpose of getting a point! I thought about doing this before deciding that it was not in the spirit of the game smile------------------Where's the foetus gonna gestate? You gonna keep it in a box?

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
C'mon!I'm sure I should be on there for the amount of times I've re-directed people to the search button or told them to look under the old thread. I can think of at least 3 times...Good Idea though smile

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Prolly Durbs, but you have to call "point" to get one! winkAnd I agree Bendy! Nice addition to the rules, I never thought of that.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
YOU GUYS DIDN"T READ MY RULES!!!It's MINUS a point if a thread YOU start gets closed. I already said that!C'mon y'all play fair. smile

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

FirePoi-boymember
71 posts

Posted:
Maybe I'm thick but how exactly do you get a point?

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Thanks for that NYC! winkGoing to list the rules plain out I suppose...BEAT THE MODSRule 1. If you find a thread that you feel is going to be closed or moved for -being a repeat of an existing topic -breaking the rules excessively, being offensive -being placed in the wrong category and gets movedAnd you respond with the word point, BEFORE the mod closes it down, then you get a point. If you are the first person to respond with the correct information guiding the thread starter to the areas of the board s/he should have posted in, should have searched, then I will give you an extra point for making my life easier.Rule 2. This must be done politely and with humor! Rule 3. If you start a thread that gets deleted or locked down (not moved, that's be too hard to keep track of), then you get one point subtracted from your total.Rule 4. One point response per person per thread, no point whoring people! grinRule 5. If the thread seems to be primed to shut down and then turns around nicely, let it go. Do not keep the badness flowing just to get your point (my example is people called point in the one Raversurge thread in poi moves, but it got nice before I could shut it down, so it remains open.) In the event that the thread is not closed, no points are granted.There you have it. Rules of the game.Good luck!Oh, and I thought of another reason why this works...it gives a humorous focus away from the negativity, like in the afforementioned Raversurge thread, thus standing a better chance of turning the threads around. wink------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele

rexmember
263 posts

Posted:
is there a limit to who can play?for example.. "senior members"? confused

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Everyone is welcome to play rex...and besides, I know you know the rules, you are one of the biggest proponents of setting people on the correct path, so if I don't see some points from you, I would be disappointed! wink------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele

rexmember
263 posts

Posted:
i'm betting on C@ntus as the winner as soon as he returns from being MIA...

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Can moderatrs play too? (evil grin....) grin grin grin grin ------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Yeah, that seems fair. Not. [image]https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/images/icons/smile.gif">[/image]PS: POINT!

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I dunno, I think "wrong category" points are cheap yo.... There's a fine line between social and events and technical anyway... I'm just sayin'... you can have them, but they're cheap. Especially when you're sleeping with the moderator who moves them (yeah I'm lookin' at you PWB) wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
I'm with Rex.C@ntus is gonna whomp some ass at this........ if he ever comes back.------------------If you love something, set it on fire.

Jesus helps me trick people.

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
THis should be goodHopefully got my first point today.asked a friendly newbie to do a seach first?does that count? If so, better put me up on the board grin

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
C'mon Pele. Let's get some continuity!!Quote:-"Na yo... anyone can call it, if you get in before the mod you get the point. And I think if you're slick you don't need to actually say it, you can just imply it, like I just did."yet:-Prolly Durbs, but you have to call "point" to get one!(Any yes, I am fishing for points...) 3 so far is my reckoning...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Durbs, I didn't say you could imply it. That was NYC, and in fact, I just got through reading that thread (It's in the legalization of drugs thread, which I left open). I borrowed the idea of the game from NYC, not the rules. You have to write the word "point"to get one. Implying involves too many politics....And besides...I would never say "Na yo"...that isn't in my vocabulary! grinNYC...An event is an event, social tells "Hey look at...I did it..Happy day...What do you think about..." things that have little to do with spinning and fire in general. Technical deals with the tools and toys, all aspects of them. I think you don't read those forums and so are fearful you'll be losing out! winkThanks Malcolm!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele

CarreySILVER Member
180 posts

Posted:
Hey, great idea...Imagine how easy it will be to get the Newbies! winkAnd BTW C@ntus is back, at least he posted twice yesterday...he's just a bit "busy" these days...and I say:How can you let down all your HoP friends for a woman??? :-)Cheers,C

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
OK, fine so you gotta actually say it somewhere in the post... wink------------------***POINT***

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
NYC, I think putting POINT into your sig is a little cheesy. But I guess as long as you follow the rules it should be okay.------------------FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB."Those who can, do. Those who can't, critique"Pyromorph.com - Let the fire change you

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Nope, sorry, signatures do not count...two reasons....In the rules it said you must *respond* with the word...that is a signature, not a response.It also said that it needs to be put on a thread that you think will honestly be closed, for whatever reason. Signatures go on every thread, therefore you are no using your discerning mind to decide when to use it and when not to. This would just promote post whoring. Sorry, won't be accepted as a violation of the rules. Which means...you have to read and work for the points! tongueNice try NYC wink (and no, no points for the effort!)Also, Malcolm suggested that I keep the point totals a secret from here on out, for the sake of peace.And BTW, there have been a few who have called point after I reasoned why a thread will stay open. That shows to me people aren't reading. I think I should subtract points for that! frown------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Hey, I never meant for it to be competitive. I was just kidding about my signature (duh) ... I won't be playing to win anyway.It's one of those awards that you don't actually want to win because if you do it means you have no life. tongueI think, since you are keeping points totals secret, you should also keep the spirit of the game alive, which is really to help others (including the moderators) out.Good luck all, and may the biggest loser win. smile

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
HA! I got you! This thread has already been discussed. Just do a search, or go here grin POINT! grin------------------I feel more like I do now then I did when I got here.PLUR(RE) ---J---

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
Can we score off of creativity.How about sheer stupidity? grin

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

rexmember
263 posts

Posted:
will there be periodic updates of the totals? cuz uhh... wasn't that kinda the "point" of the game? or will there eventually be a winner and a prize? COUGHgiftvoucherCOUGH smile

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
one day on and this is possibly the most annoying thing to ever occur on the board...Pere

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Aww, come on pere.. it will settle down after a bit. (I hope) It does ease the pain of seeing redundant posts though!So go drop some E, make some sparkly poi, and enjoy this poi fad.PS. Anyone else here from New York?

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
dude I dont do E, you should know that...I'm on crack of course smilePere

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
im not one to be rude, and i hope i dont come off as that, but it is a bit annoying...but hey some good ideas are not realized untillthey are alreadyover and done with...

anyone got a light?

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Hmm, i think everyone running into people's threads and yelling POINT! is confusing the poor people who originally started the thread.Could I suggest perhaps only one point will be dished out per helpful reply perthread (meaning first in first serve), or two points if someone posts something even more useful than the first one.This might even get everyone competing with each other to help out people...Now ouldn't that be a wonderful world to live in? grin grin grin grin ------------------Charles (AKA INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggle.co.nz/fire/fire.html

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

TomSILVER Member
135 posts

Posted:
Ditto Charles,I was bored earlier (doing an assignent, looking for something else to do), probably added "point" on the end of some threads, but it feels better when you actually help rather than just scream "you're wrong" at someone.And its making some posts way longer than they need to be...I'll just go hang my head in shame for a bit...Tom

Page: