Page: 12
Pele
Pele

the henna lady
Total posts: 6193
Posted:We all know the new game...Beat the Mods...If you get into a thread and claim a point before a Mod shuts it down, for whatever reason (repeat posting, nastiness, whatever).I will also give a bonus point to whomever is the first to also explain what the person should do, or where the person should go to get the info they are looking for.Rules are, you have to do it nicely though (PWB
Non-Https Image Link
) and it has to be a thread that really stands a shot at getting locked down.In a few months time, whomever has the most points, I will get something from the shop and have it sent to you!Why I think this is a good idea, of course, less work for the mods!
Non-Https Image Link
I also think it promotes following the rules in a comical way, and allows the old schoolers to do more than direct traffic!
Non-Https Image Link
It will also keep mods on thier toes, and gives us an idea of threads that you feel repeat when we question it.Remember, it's all in fun...no full contact point extraction!
Non-Https Image Link
I will just keep updating this thread once a week or so.Right now....Bendy...... 2PWB........ 1Supafly.... 1NYC........ 1 (and kudos for inventing the game, btw NYC)WelcomeMatt..... 1Thanks all for helping out!
Non-Https Image Link
------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...http://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Delete Topic

Bendy
Total posts: 750
Posted:point!
Non-Https Image Link
j/kMight I also suggest:No posting of threads for the sole purpose of getting a point! I thought about doing this before deciding that it was not in the spirit of the game
Non-Https Image Link
------------------Where's the foetus gonna gestate? You gonna keep it in a box?

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

Delete

Durbs
Durbs

Classically British
Total posts: 5688
Posted:C'mon!I'm sure I should be on there for the amount of times I've re-directed people to the search button or told them to look under the old thread. I can think of at least 3 times...Good Idea though
Non-Https Image Link

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Delete

Pele
Pele

the henna lady
Posted:Prolly Durbs, but you have to call "point" to get one!
Non-Https Image Link
And I agree Bendy! Nice addition to the rules, I never thought of that.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...http://www.pyromorph.com

Pele

Delete

NYC
NYC

NYC
Total posts: 9232
Posted:YOU GUYS DIDN"T READ MY RULES!!!It's MINUS a point if a thread YOU start gets closed. I already said that!C'mon y'all play fair.
Non-Https Image Link

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Delete

FirePoi-boy
Total posts: 71
Posted:Maybe I'm thick but how exactly do you get a point?

Delete

Pele
Pele

the henna lady
Posted:Thanks for that NYC!
Non-Https Image Link
Going to list the rules plain out I suppose...BEAT THE MODSRule 1. If you find a thread that you feel is going to be closed or moved for -being a repeat of an existing topic -breaking the rules excessively, being offensive -being placed in the wrong category and gets movedAnd you respond with the word point, BEFORE the mod closes it down, then you get a point. If you are the first person to respond with the correct information guiding the thread starter to the areas of the board s/he should have posted in, should have searched, then I will give you an extra point for making my life easier.Rule 2. This must be done politely and with humor! Rule 3. If you start a thread that gets deleted or locked down (not moved, that's be too hard to keep track of), then you get one point subtracted from your total.Rule 4. One point response per person per thread, no point whoring people!
Non-Https Image Link
Rule 5. If the thread seems to be primed to shut down and then turns around nicely, let it go. Do not keep the badness flowing just to get your point (my example is people called point in the one Raversurge thread in poi moves, but it got nice before I could shut it down, so it remains open.) In the event that the thread is not closed, no points are granted.There you have it. Rules of the game.Good luck!Oh, and I thought of another reason why this works...it gives a humorous focus away from the negativity, like in the afforementioned Raversurge thread, thus standing a better chance of turning the threads around.
Non-Https Image Link
------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...http://www.pyromorph.com

Pele

Delete

rex
rex

Total posts: 263
Posted:is there a limit to who can play?for example.. "senior members"?
Non-Https Image Link

Delete

Pele
Pele

the henna lady
Posted:Everyone is welcome to play rex...and besides, I know you know the rules, you are one of the biggest proponents of setting people on the correct path, so if I don't see some points from you, I would be disappointed!
Non-Https Image Link

Pele

Delete

rex
rex

Posted:i'm betting on C@ntus as the winner as soon as he returns from being MIA...

Delete

Charles
Charles

Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
Total posts: 3989
Posted:Can moderatrs play too? (evil grin....)
Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link
------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttp://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Delete

NYC
NYC

NYC
Posted:Yeah, that seems fair. Not. [image]http://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/images/icons/smile.gif">[/image]PS: POINT!

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Delete

Malcolm
Malcolm

HOP admin
Total posts: 992
Posted:Great idea NYC and thanks Pele for running with it.
Non-Https Image Link
. I will provide Pele with free HOP gift vouchers to use.

"May your balls always burn"

Delete

NYC
NYC

NYC
Posted:I dunno, I think "wrong category" points are cheap yo.... There's a fine line between social and events and technical anyway... I'm just sayin'... you can have them, but they're cheap. Especially when you're sleeping with the moderator who moves them (yeah I'm lookin' at you PWB)
Non-Https Image Link

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Delete

SickpuPpy
SickpuPpy

Ninja Rockstar!
Total posts: 1100
Posted:I'm with Rex.C@ntus is gonna whomp some ass at this........ if he ever comes back.------------------If you love something, set it on fire.

Jesus helps me trick people.

Delete

N8
Total posts: 336
Posted:THis should be goodHopefully got my first point today.asked a friendly newbie to do a seach first?does that count? If so, better put me up on the board
Non-Https Image Link

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Delete

Durbs
Durbs

Classically British
Total posts: 5688
Posted:C'mon Pele. Let's get some continuity!!Quote:-"Na yo... anyone can call it, if you get in before the mod you get the point. And I think if you're slick you don't need to actually say it, you can just imply it, like I just did."yet:-Prolly Durbs, but you have to call "point" to get one!(Any yes, I am fishing for points...) 3 so far is my reckoning...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Delete

Pele
Pele

the henna lady
Posted:Durbs, I didn't say you could imply it. That was NYC, and in fact, I just got through reading that thread (It's in the legalization of drugs thread, which I left open). I borrowed the idea of the game from NYC, not the rules. You have to write the word "point"to get one. Implying involves too many politics....And besides...I would never say "Na yo"...that isn't in my vocabulary!
Non-Https Image Link
NYC...An event is an event, social tells "Hey look at...I did it..Happy day...What do you think about..." things that have little to do with spinning and fire in general. Technical deals with the tools and toys, all aspects of them. I think you don't read those forums and so are fearful you'll be losing out!
Non-Https Image Link
Thanks Malcolm!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...http://www.pyromorph.com

Pele

Delete

Carrey
Total posts: 180
Posted:Hey, great idea...Imagine how easy it will be to get the Newbies!
Non-Https Image Link
And BTW C@ntus is back, at least he posted twice yesterday...he's just a bit "busy" these days...and I say:How can you let down all your HoP friends for a woman??? :-)Cheers,C

Delete

NYC
NYC

NYC
Posted:OK, fine so you gotta actually say it somewhere in the post...
Non-Https Image Link
------------------***POINT***

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Delete

Pele'sWhippingBoy
Total posts: 442
Posted:NYC, I think putting POINT into your sig is a little cheesy. But I guess as long as you follow the rules it should be okay.------------------FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB."Those who can, do. Those who can't, critique"Pyromorph.com - Let the fire change you

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

Delete

Pele
Pele

the henna lady
Posted:Nope, sorry, signatures do not count...two reasons....In the rules it said you must *respond* with the word...that is a signature, not a response.It also said that it needs to be put on a thread that you think will honestly be closed, for whatever reason. Signatures go on every thread, therefore you are no using your discerning mind to decide when to use it and when not to. This would just promote post whoring. Sorry, won't be accepted as a violation of the rules. Which means...you have to read and work for the points!
Non-Https Image Link
Nice try NYC
Non-Https Image Link
(and no, no points for the effort!)Also, Malcolm suggested that I keep the point totals a secret from here on out, for the sake of peace.And BTW, there have been a few who have called point after I reasoned why a thread will stay open. That shows to me people aren't reading. I think I should subtract points for that!
Non-Https Image Link

Pele

Delete

NYC
NYC

NYC
Posted:Hey, I never meant for it to be competitive. I was just kidding about my signature (duh) ... I won't be playing to win anyway.It's one of those awards that you don't actually want to win because if you do it means you have no life.
Non-Https Image Link
I think, since you are keeping points totals secret, you should also keep the spirit of the game alive, which is really to help others (including the moderators) out.Good luck all, and may the biggest loser win.
Non-Https Image Link

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Delete

glowshow
Total posts: 406
Posted:HA! I got you! This thread has already been discussed. Just do a search, or go here
Non-Https Image Link
POINT!
Non-Https Image Link
------------------I feel more like I do now then I did when I got here.PLUR(RE) ---J---

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

Delete

glowshow
Total posts: 406
Posted:Can we score off of creativity.How about sheer stupidity?
Non-Https Image Link

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

Delete

rex
rex

Posted:will there be periodic updates of the totals? cuz uhh... wasn't that kinda the "point" of the game? or will there eventually be a winner and a prize? COUGHgiftvoucherCOUGH
Non-Https Image Link

Delete

Peregrine
Total posts: 428
Posted:one day on and this is possibly the most annoying thing to ever occur on the board...Pere

Delete

NYC
NYC

NYC
Posted:Aww, come on pere.. it will settle down after a bit. (I hope) It does ease the pain of seeing redundant posts though!So go drop some E, make some sparkly poi, and enjoy this poi fad.PS. Anyone else here from New York?

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Delete

Peregrine
Total posts: 428
Posted:dude I dont do E, you should know that...I'm on crack of course
Non-Https Image Link
Pere

Delete

pozee
old hand
Total posts: 886
Posted:im not one to be rude, and i hope i dont come off as that, but it is a bit annoying...but hey some good ideas are not realized untillthey are alreadyover and done with...

anyone got a light?

Delete

Charles
Charles

Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
Total posts: 3989
Posted:Hmm, i think everyone running into people's threads and yelling POINT! is confusing the poor people who originally started the thread.Could I suggest perhaps only one point will be dished out per helpful reply perthread (meaning first in first serve), or two points if someone posts something even more useful than the first one.This might even get everyone competing with each other to help out people...Now ouldn't that be a wonderful world to live in?
Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link
------------------Charles (AKA INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttp://juggle.co.nz/fire/fire.html

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Delete

Page: 12