Forums > Social Chat > 2 more months to freedom!!!

Login/Join to Participate

Acidmember
110 posts

Posted:
i have 2 more months of high school left!!!i was wonderinghow do people stay in tuch after high school?i mean do u?i've got this scary feeling that after... i won't see my friends anymore...optimistic!!!!!anyway i just wanna get people's take on the after high school thingor maybe im bored and just want some attention?!love ya!

life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans John Lennon

Neekomember
68 posts

Posted:
Congratulations on graduating! When I was in high school I had about five close friends and a bunch of acquaintences (I do not know if I spelled that right). So I had very little concern about losing touch with people. But some people in the class got together and collaberated with an instructor and printed up a list of all the seniors' phone numbers and addresses and gave a copy to everyone. So that might be an idea.

TanzenBRONZE Member
55 posts

Posted:
Upon graduating from high school, I went to Army Basic Training, then to Military Police School, and then to the Gulf War. So, I pretty much lost touch with everyone. When my 5 year reunion came up, I was living in Europe. When my 10 year reunion came up, I was still living in Europe. Now that I'm living in Florida, perhaps I'll go to the 15 or 20 year reunion...but I doubt it.Tanzen------------------Ravers don't share glowsticks!

Ravers don't share glowsticks!

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
I've noticed that most people drift apart after high school. I've been out of high scool for about three years and I see maybe three or four people that I went to school with on any kind of regular basis. I think for many people leaving high school is a sort of wake up call that they can't just coast through life anymore. So they start to split off to find their way through life. For some that entails packing up and going to some university, and for others it may mean smoking a lot of pot and working at McDonalds, but either way I think that most people get quite disillusioned when they finally realize that life isn't really the party they thought it was going to be.------------------If you love something, set it on fire.

Jesus helps me trick people.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
My group is strange. Other people often tell us that it's strange that we're all still such good mates this long after secondary school (1991-96). It's largely because of ritual i fink - chillin at so-and-so's house all the time, and always going out in big benders likes music festivals, concert gigs, camping e.t.c. So i can tell you that the friends that you will keep will be the ones you will find time for. Groundbreaking newsflash, huh? =)

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
I think if you are friends outside of school - that probably won't change. If you are only friends at school, then chances are that you will drift away. It can be a pity, but I think that once you move on and meet other new friends then it doesn't really bother you.I am good friends with a few people from high school, a bunch from my first uni course, and a few from my second course and a few from my old work. There are some that I see once in a while or email with every couple months, but since they aren't close friends, this is often enough to catch up on what is happening.

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
I really have not stayed in touch. I mean I call my really close friends now and then but I am half a world a way and things are hard. Heck I dont even call my folks half the time. I do spend alot of time on e-mail, but I think I should call em more.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
I'm still friends with a couple from HS. We still get together regularly and play games.I'm actually not friends with any from college. Weird huh?I have to agree with Bendy. Those friends you make outside of school you keep longer.I didn't have a 5 year, I hope my class has a 10. I wouldn't mind going.Oh, on a side note. If anyone you knew in HS gets a sales job, they may recontact you as a "friend." An old friend of mine called and wanted to catch up. Turns out he became a life insurance salesman. rolleyes------------------FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB."Those who can, do. Those who can't, critique"Pyromorph.com - Let the fire change you

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Acid, first of all congrats ! Mazal tov !! you are surely gonna take a short trip with some friends from high school when you finish, right ? I'd say don't worry, those who are meant to be your friends will always be smileand aren't you going to the army then ? It is quite a change, but I know most of my israeli friends met their best budies ... and some of them even their love there...as crazy as it may sound ... shine on and take good careCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Acidmember
110 posts

Posted:
you're right

TanzenBRONZE Member
55 posts

Posted:
I think it would be better to concentrate on your future...rather than wasting time dwelling on your past. Good luck to you.Tanzen------------------Ravers don't share glowsticks!

Ravers don't share glowsticks!

Acidmember
110 posts

Posted:
cassandra,i am going to the army but first im giving a year of charity to the state (?!)i think i'll be working with kids who aren't very privilegedprobably- bedouins- (-nomad arab living in the deserts-)

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Acid, I know what you mean and it is great !kol ha kavod lah winkShine oncassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"