Forums > Social Chat > Beltane Spinning Music?

Login/Join to Participate

SilverEyesmember
45 posts

Posted:
Does anyone have music they like to use for Beltane (or other pagan events)? I did a remix last night that I think will work pretty well, but I'd like to hear any suggestions. I think I've got a good speed on the remix, but I'd appreciate any feedback anyone wants to offer. I've uploaded it to https://www.fireinmotion.com/music/beltanefire_remix.mp3
- please feel free to give it a listen and tell me what you think. I'm new to remixing, and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Yeha-Noha...Sacred SpiritsDeep ForrestBlackmore's NightLoreena MckennittYulis EveI have more Gael music than you can imagine..These all tend to have a great feel or some celebration specific songs....especially Loreena!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

SilverEyesmember
45 posts

Posted:
I'm right there with you; Loreena is one of my favorite artists, and I've got Deep Forest, some Blackmore's Night and tons of other Celt music (I've found some really great artists through MP3.com, like Lothlorien and Angels of Venice).Only problem is that a lot of those pieces seem to be too slow/dreamy for our performers, or too genre-specific to use with other audiences. I'm trying to find a middle ground, which is why I'm trying my hand at the remixing. Afro-Celt Soundsystem is pretty cool, too - but again, some of my folks want more fast/upbeat stuff.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Enigma, some Clannad, Remixed Loreena,Sacred Spirits is pretty upbeat and non-specific really, Ashley MacIsaac, Leahy, Capercaillie, Mickey Hart- Planet Drum all have some great, more upbeat stuff.What about the almost techno remixes of the Gregorian Chants and such classics as O Fortune and such? They all have an ethereal feel with a faster down beat.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Nothing beats live drums for Pagan get togethers------------------If you love something, set it on fire.[This message has been edited by SickpuPpy (edited 11 February 2002).]

Jesus helps me trick people.

SilverEyesmember
45 posts

Posted:
True enough; it's just good to have music as a backup for when the drummers are ready for a break, or if it's an off night and the circle isn't a good strong beat.

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Cantigas - a great Australian group that do medieval markets and fairground music - lovely stuff. Spiral Dance are an Aussie Pagan band, and are fantastic as well.

cryogenicmember
34 posts

Posted:
Well, it's not pagan as such, but the song "Ball" by Chris Armstrong (from the movie Plunkett and Macleane) is my fav. thing to spin to at the moment.. Great piece of electronica feat. live strings...

If at first you don't succeed, tell everyone you did and hope they don't ask you to prove it...