Forums > Social Chat > What makes this board great

Login/Join to Participate

emptysetmember
98 posts

Posted:
After being on a couple of BB of this type i have come to believe that this one has to be the best. Unlike alot of BB on the internet where the board seems to be full of angery people this one seems to spread peace and equal understanding of other peoples ideas and styles. i have to say i like that alot, and this place is almost a breath of fresh air compaired to some other web sites (if u want to see kinda what im talking about go to the forums at www.somethingawful.com and you'll see what i mean)thanks, and peace out------------------bring light into the night

Its all in good, clean, light producing fun.

smittymember
104 posts

Posted:
i know what u mean, thsi post has helped me alot and i know for sure helped so many others. It must be something in the fire
Non-Https Image Link

Jessemember
118 posts

Posted:
I must say that I certainly agree, Emptyset. I would say that I didn't know what magic binds this board to such beautiful people if it weren't for the fond saying of some of my dearest friends- And I quote:"Fire cleanses ALL!"Of course, the saying got started around a long standing joke around a yearly "war" called Pennsic, but if I tried to go into the details here, I'd take up several gig of server space... It's a very long story. Lets just say that I'm glad to have found such thoughtful and remarkable friends here.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Cheers for that. It's a comfortable home for my wayward self. Even when we agree to disagree we do it agreably which is so important to constructive communications. It really is one of the most amazing sites I have come across, the most used link in my favorites file and I must say I truly look forward to hearing and "seeing" my home of poi compatriots. The sense of unity under fire is amazing and very fulfilling..especially in this day and age when so much surrounds anger and negativity. I agree I have seen sites where people just shoot off thier mouths and that is a stress no one needs. Maybe it's the swinging that allows us all so much peace. Maybe it's finding company in the face of such isolating hobbies. Maybe it's just that swinging on the whole attracts people who are more at peace with themselves. Who cares as long as it is shared!Be well.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

monkeykatmember
13 posts

Posted:
I reckon it's because every ones trying to learn something.And are not scared of getting burned {excuse the pun}.Also this site makes you realize others are on the same wavelength and its not so odd to be addicted to swinging stuff around after all.

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
Obviously it's because nobody here feels the need to flame anyone else ;P. Okay, you can stop groaning now. This is a good discussion group. I've been on other good ones, but they are rare.------------------Adam Rice :: www.fire-gear.com

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

Oatsmember
28 posts

Posted:
Here here!

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
Its not just the BB its everywhere.Fire people are the friendliest bunch of people I ever met, so willing to help and share with each other. It feels like I found a new family. Respect!

Are we nearly there yet?

Leviathanmember
5 posts

Posted:
Ahhh... Come for the fire... stay for the people. ^_~ It's allways good to see brothers and sisters united in their arts. That's something that I've only seen in yoyoing... but we do get the occasional flamer who says we shouldn't be wasting our time... but that's another story! wink Good job! I enjoy myself here. wink------------------~Lev~"Spindoc in spirit."

~Lev~Spindoc in spirit.

WildChildmember
43 posts

Posted:
My sentiments exactly.....ditto...and all...really..but *Smitty*!!!!!How do you get those icons to do what they do??U know, at the end of your sentence...flickering like that?It looks like a firefly!

*8*WildChild*8*

smittymember
104 posts

Posted:
wildchild, i cant take credit for it, i was shown on this board how to di it, as i'll show u now.try this webpagehttps://cwm.ragesofsanity.com/cgi-bin/n.cgi?cwm&ubb&box&noframeshopefully the link will take u directly to the page.basicaly, if u c a pic that u like, and want to post it in ur message, simple cut and paste whats in the text box next to it
Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link
and a little pic like that should come up,but the one i used be4 happened to be majority of the pics u can use to start ur post with. give that a shot, i wont blabber every detail out, i might take to long, but its fairly straight forward, my advice is trial and error.happy smile faces
Non-Https Image Link
ps: i'll give finn he credit for showing me this page and how to use it.-smitty[This message has been edited by smitty (edited 07 February 2001).]

WildChildmember
43 posts

Posted:
Thanx Smitty (and Finn for that matter) as soon as I get a break from work 2day, I'll try it out and let u know if it worked.And, Emptyset, I checked out that somethingawful site!!!! Now, either I'm eceptionally naïve (which I have never considered myself as) or.....I dunno...maybe I'm just lucky to have enough stuff to keep me occupied not to revert to such drastic measures to fill my idle hours. However, ultimately I suppose it's what keeps you happy, and if its by occupying yourself with certain types of conversations on much the same type of billboard, then.....well, who the hell am I to judge!? ------------------*WC*

*8*WildChild*8*

ffirebellGOLD Member
44 posts

Posted:
yes! this is a fantastic BB! I've only been on one other board, it was a ravers site, they weren't very happy kids, surprisingly. I thought they'd be nice like us fire folk... must be something in the fire! All the fire folk I've met through this site so far are super duper peeple!! Ya, and its nice to know theres others out there who love twirling and spinning things! May the Flame be with you! FFB

Fairie's wear boots.

WildChildmember
43 posts

Posted:
Let's c if this works now:
Non-Https Image Link

*8*WildChild*8*

WildChildmember
43 posts

Posted:
Yesssssss!I congratulate myself and say thanx, again, to Smitty and Finn....
Non-Https Image Link
Hope everybody has a
Non-Https Image Link
weekend!
Non-Https Image Link
------------------*WC*

*8*WildChild*8*

emptysetmember
98 posts

Posted:
Some of you may remember this thread from a couple of months ago. Some how alot of the spirit and peace of this place has been lost recently. So its time to go back to yeasterday when we were all in it for the love...Its time to remember...

Its all in good, clean, light producing fun.

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
nice choice emptyset, very nice indeed. ::flash hugs emptyset for wise move::I've said it before, but I'll say it again: This board has changed my life. I am 100% more happy than I was prior to finding it.This board introduced me to my now bestest friends and subsequently a whole world of joy and opportunities.Were it not for this board, who knows how lonely I'd be. It's hard to make new friends as an adult, however the Meet Others directory put me in touch with like minded souls.All is well. smile grin------------------"she dances in a ring of fire and throws off the challenge with a shrug"

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Here, hereWell MetAll Hail! smile grin smileSo I went back and re-read the posts, especially mine, and I still feel that way since I am still pretty much isolated.So, what happened to all those others who left I wonder? frown

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Hapes-Novamember
60 posts

Posted:
word, w0rd, werd, trudat, straight up, and propz, emptyset. heh you get the idea.-Hapes-Nova, a reminiscing glowsticker

MogliGOLD Member
19 posts

Posted:
Good call.I started spinning when I met a family from Cairns in Thailand. The girls (9 and 15) had been spinning for a year and are really good. They taught me a lot in a week.They said that in their travels they've met lots of great people through spinning and I'm finding that to be so true.I've got the travel bug and its nice to know that wherever I go theres a lot of good people out there to meet with a common interest---fire.After reading this BB I'll have no problems aproaching people I see spinning.Thanks people.------------------Live life, don't just exist.

Live life, don't just exist.

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
See how far we isolated spinners have progressed. Now we are an international community.

Are we nearly there yet?

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
We have our moments, I must admit that we are a closer community than some towns that I have lived in!

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
I think that just like
Non-Https Image Link
Non-Https Image Link
, is trying to rule the world.

As for what makes this BB so good is the people you meet, the friends you gain, the things you learn, the stories you share... stay posted for a story from both Valura and I... tee hee...

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
hey, I concur

I post a lot of stuff to this board because when i first learned i got so much that would have taken me forever to discover by myself. Now I feel an obligation (not a heavy one) to give stuff back.

I think its the common intrest that keep this board so sweet where others have failed. And yes, something about the fire produces cool peaple.

Have fun y'all, I love every one of ya (even Minero )

N

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
I feel the culture on the board has been due mainly to those who frequent it often (at the moment that is C@ntus, Bender, Nix, Kyrian, etc etc).

These people and those who in the past who logged on so often, helped to make the board mostly self-regulating. When a newbie, or someone else started ranting on about this or that or making peroanl remarks, everyone crowded around and politely told them to stop being so mean and start playing nice.

My thanks from Malcolm, Pele and Myself for everyone on the board, regardless of how often you post.

yay you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Thanks from me too...

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
OOOPs, Flash, how are you? (Here's one of those long standing members/mods I've been extolling)

All hail Flash, all hail Flash

***Bows and scrapes as he is embarrassed not to mention flash, despite her not being on the site much lately***

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
MANY FANX!!!!!!!!!!

I must thank everyone on this board for
a) getting me spinning,
b) keeping me spinning,
c) making me want to spin 4 ever.
d) giving me something to do for 8 hours a day at work
e) just being u guys

I also want to thank everyone I've met, and the lady in particular that introduced me to everyone.
(You know who u all are)

Much luv - x

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
VERY MUCH love

so smooth the interplay of individuals, ages, places from which we gather here, i feel like a brandy on fire with you, in this hearth

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US