Forums > Social Chat > There are many females twirlers on your country?

Login/Join to Participate

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
In my country that doesnt happens there arent many female twirlers!! bohoo!;pthat sucks... last time i whent to a club i just found errrr i guess 2 and that is in all my poi life tongue and one of them hardly talk she talked you in monosilables( this word is well said?)I wish there were lot of females twirlers here to spin with :/So how is on yer country?

Dance like if noone were watching you

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
For a long time, the only twirlers I saw were women, and I thought of twirling as a chick thing. Gradually I started seeing more guys doing it, and I started getting into it myself.These days, at group practices, there are often more men than women, but I'd say the local twirling population is about 50-50 men and women.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
this sucks man...i gotta go there :/

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
:looks around hopefully:none here...

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
WS...Peregrine is in Conneticut and she is very much a girl! grinIn my approximate area, from what I know, women are outnumbered by men *at least* 3 to one. Since I am all female, this is not a bad thing! wink And in my immediate area, I am a lonely fire spinner.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
I am the only person in my aerea that does Poi. The high school flag team is female only (which I think is messed) so I guess that counts as females.

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
mmm, this is true, i had realized this Pele, but Peregrine is actually quite a bit older than me (i beleive) and lives in Mystic (i beleive) which is across a couple rivers from Waterford so we run in very different circles...so theres a very small chance that ill ever actually meet her, or twirl with her for that matter, i was meaning directly in my town or surrounding towns when i said there was no female twirlers, sorry for that confusion... being 16 has such incredible limitations when you wanna meet people...i do however have several females in my town who are interested in twirling, and am currently looking for some good free time when i can teach them....

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Here in Auckland, there are definitley a lot more female poiers, although it's the other way for staff.As for jugglers and unicyclists, about 1%!:-) but thats cool, coz my fiance is all I want anyway...------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
Well here ppl just liked poi for a bit cause was for fashion thing here... not many ppl does it now tho... and the few that does it now are mans... a like 2 or 3 chicks as far i know... that doesnt talk if you try to talk them they wont say nothing tongue that makes hard to meet other twirlers you know! only thing she said me that she liked a lot my BTB weave and turns that is I really like this and i didnt care that if it was a fashion or it wasnt... i twirl on a local club here seems ppl still like looking at it tho but not doing it i guess... i wish like to see other different style besides mine tho :/[This message has been edited by NightShade1 (edited 11 February 2002).]

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
eh? this is strange, man!I used to think that poi was a chick thing. After the first time i saw poi (and thought that i'd *never* pick up such a dangerous hobby!) It was something like almost a year before I saw the first non-female performers. Male ones too!I guess it's cos a lot of the blokes that I twirl with agree that poi takes grace. ah ha ha ha ha ha. No really. *cough*But seriously, at a twirlfest, all eyes are on the poi-spinner that can gyrate - provided that the ass-shakin' isn't hairy.^_^

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Ok man this is what ya gotta do. Go where ever your flag team preforms and after the game whatever spin your little heart off get a good crowd and hopfully you will get their attention. Or start trying to get girls attention be the poi pimp or sumtin.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
Flag team??? that doesnt exist here... tongue this isnt USA

foobaaspinning for ages
125 posts

Posted:
yeh, girls and guys all over the show here...would have to say about 50/50 but must say that generally the guys tend to pick up a staff first, and the girls tend to start with the poi...just an observation------------------fe fi foo fun

fe fi foo fun

nattymember
14 posts

Posted:
im in fucking germany. and very lonely firedancin caus i dont know about any jugglers, twirlers etc.i learned club swinging from a firedancin group in vienna. how can i catch up some people? odes anybody know about grops, clubs etc. in germany?

###surrounded by natty###

MYMAmember
23 posts

Posted:
quote:
" being 16 has such incredible limitations when you wanna meet people...i do however have several females in my town who are interested in twirling, and am currently looking for some good free time when i can teach them...."
even worse when you're my age...: D :

*Live as if you were to die tomarrow, learn as if you were to live forever* ~Mahatma Ghandi*Imagination is more important than knowledge*~Albert Einstein*dream*

utilitydeamonmember
33 posts

Posted:
Well, that would be very cool if there were some more female spinners...But theres not...This is definatley a male dominated hobby around here.------------------When they call for me ill be sitting at my desk with a gun in my hand wearin a bullet-proof vest singin my my my how the time does fly when you know your gonna die by the end of the night...sorry had to write that... aim:djpoiboy

MYMAmember
23 posts

Posted:
trust me, the females don't mind wink

*Live as if you were to die tomarrow, learn as if you were to live forever* ~Mahatma Ghandi*Imagination is more important than knowledge*~Albert Einstein*dream*